DCU Thread

BFit

The first WW movie was good until the end.  The CGI fest was a sensory overload of special effects vomit.  The "twist" was cheesy.  

Anyone think the "Superman and Lois" TV show is going to be good? The synopsis is below. 

Superman & Lois stars Tyler Hoechlin (Teen Wolf) and Elizabeth Tulloch (Grimm) as the world's most famous superhero and comic books' most famous journalist as they deal with all the stress, pressures and complexities that come with being working parents in today's society.

54 minutes ago, NOTW said:

The first WW movie was good until the end.  The CGI fest was a sensory overload of special effects vomit.  The "twist" was cheesy.  

that's a reason why i didn't give it a great rating. WW84 was blah. 

although i did keep thinking of WW and cheetah getting down. so there's that. :ph34r:

2 hours ago, c_u_in_tampa said:

Anyone think the "Superman and Lois" TV show is going to be good? The synopsis is below. 

Superman & Lois stars Tyler Hoechlin (Teen Wolf) and Elizabeth Tulloch (Grimm) as the world's most famous superhero and comic books' most famous journalist as they deal with all the stress, pressures and complexities that come with being working parents in today's society.

It's a CW show... so no. It'll be very PC and just get bad

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/18/2021 at 9:35 PM, BFit said:

I am going to sit through a 4 hour movie and I'm going to be excited to do so

I think you were the guy that was a fan of stand-up like I am. 

There's a really good docuseries on showtime on the history of the Comedy Store in LA. They interview everybody basically, Jim Carrey, Louis CK, Bill Burr, Leno, Letterman, etc. I have two episodes left.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, we_gotta_believe said:

There's a really good docuseries on showtime on the history of the Comedy Store in LA. They interview everybody basically, Jim Carrey, Louis CK, Bill Burr, Leno, Letterman, etc. I have two episodes left.

That actually sounds pretty cool. I'll have to check it out. 

On 12/29/2020 at 3:31 PM, NOTW said:

Usually I like these types of movies but I thought the first WW was boring but I made it through the entire thing. The second one was so horrible I found it completely unwatchable. About 20 mins in I couldn't take another second of it. To put it in perspective after turning it off I ended up watching "Mope" on Amazon (see Amazon thread for how weird and horrible that movie was). I watched all of "Mope" :lol:

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Gannan said:

Usually I like these types of movies but I thought the first WW was boring but I made it through the entire thing. The second one was so horrible I found it completely unwatchable. About 20 mins in I couldn't take another second of it. To put it in perspective after turning it off I ended up watching "Mope" on Amazon (see Amazon thread for how weird and horrible that movie was). I watched all of "Mope" :lol:

I usually never turn a movie off.  Eventually I will watch WW84 to see what it's all about.  I've heard so many bad reviews.  I did like the first, and my wife really likes the character and liked the first movie a lot.  We were excited to see it.  I might rent it when it comes to Amazon Prime and check it out.

17 minutes ago, NOTW said:

I usually never turn a movie off.  Eventually I will watch WW84 to see what it's all about.  I've heard so many bad reviews.  I did like the first, and my wife really likes the character and liked the first movie a lot.  We were excited to see it.  I might rent it when it comes to Amazon Prime and check it out.

There's just too much on. If a movie or show doesn't do it for me in the first 20 mins or so, I move on. 

11 hours ago, we_gotta_believe said:

is that the spot Pauly Shore's mom owned?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DoWorx said:

is that the spot Pauly Shore's mom owned?

Yep. He's interviewed too and describes what it was like growing up there.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
14 hours ago, NOTW said:

Yup time for them to blow all this up again. Affleck isn't batman anymore and Henry Caville has bailed as superman. Now they are already rebooting some of it. What a sheet show DC is. What a shame

• Like 1

18 hours ago, NOTW said:

I've seen different links saying it's part of the DCEU and some saying it's not

Also saw one saying they'll try out a black Superman for this reboot

Cavill said he still wants to do movies

This is what DC gets for trying to play catch up with Marvel. Should have just built the foundation of solo movies and then group them like Marvel did. People would say they're just copying Marvel but oh well. It's the best setup

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

This is what DC gets for trying to play catch up with Marvel. Should have just built the foundation of solo movies and then group them like Marvel did. People would say they're just copying Marvel but oh well. It's the best setup

Been saying the same for years. They could of done it 100x better than Marvel, but rushed everything & it fell apart. 

27 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

Been saying the same for years. They could of done it 100x better than Marvel, but rushed everything & it fell apart. 

You mean they could have learnt from Marvels mistakes as they could have been just a little behind? I agree. 

• 3 weeks later...

i guess i have to clear my schedule for a little more than 4hrs at some point this week. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

i guess i have to clear my schedule for a little more than 4hrs at some point this week. 

I'm watching it now.... They do add some back story to the characters... Still not that great

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I'm watching it now.... They do add some back story to the characters... Still not that great

its just seems (without seeing it yet) that this could've & shoud've been two movies.  i do like that DS & joker are in it. 

im a nerd, so ill watch it. 

3 hours ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

its just seems (without seeing it yet) that this could've & shoud've been two movies.  i do like that DS & joker are in it. 

im a nerd, so ill watch it. 

It was supposed to be broken up into a 4 part mini series but they did this jnstead

Adding a little character backstory...they already did Superman, WW and there have been several iterations of Batman.  They did Aquaman after Justice League.  So the only ones left who "need" more backstory are Flash and Cyborg.  Flash is going to get his own solo movie, and he's got a TV series.  Cyborg was a football player who was injured or whatever and Miles Dyson from T2 never learned his lesson and played around with human cyborgs again.  What more do we need to know that would add to this movie and make it better?  I doubt deleted scenes will make that mess of a movie better.  

Snyder likes his artistically crafted scenes that look neat even if they make no sense or aren't put in the right spot in the movie.  But Justice League just looked bad with all the colors and CGI.  It was borderline Joel Schumacher Batman with the colors and lighting.

You look at Wonder Woman and even Man of Steel and a lot of the best action sequences were in daylight without having to filter the screen to orange or red or blue or whatever.  Clear shots that highlight the hero and her abilities.  Even nighttime and indoor scenes were clear images where the characters stand out from the background.  Aquaman went neon color crazy for the underwater scenes and it was too much, but even so it at least made some sense why there were was so much neon.  But the scenes on the submarine and on land were daylight, clear to see and again the characters stood out.

JL was a visual mess.  The villain was a forgettable CGI cardboard cutout.  The lines of dialogue were cringe and awful.  It took the strength of the series in Wonder Woman and demoted her.  Batman was a joke.  It was so, so poorly done.

So I'll sit through the 4 hour Snyder cut and see if it makes any difference but I don't have much confidence in it.