EMB Fantasy Baseball League 2023

Shepard Wong

20 hours ago, Iggles25 said:

@toolg

Your hitters versus my hitters 

For the chance to lose to @Shepard Wong in the Championship.

Let's go!

Go Tools :showoff:  I got to admit I was worried when Freeman took a rare day off on Sunday (his first rest day of the season). 

@Shepard Wong and I for the Championship, instead of 3rd-4th.

• Like 2

I like @Shepard Wong chances. My team is limping into the finals...  All my original pitchers are gone except for Glasnow (who started the season on IL), Eovaldi, and Jhoan Duran. The rest I picked up along the way. Yelich has only played 1 of the last 10 games. 

Good luck!

Starting pitching failed me these playoffs. Too many dud performances when it mattered. And the FA pitchers I reached for last week all busted.

Here's to a bronze finish and kicking @mr_huntoff the podium 🤣

• 2 weeks later...

Let me be the first to congratulate @Shepard Wong  Great season and well deserved champion. The Tools gave it a good shot, but the Wongs were much better. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks all.  I’d post a celebration gif but my real reaction is "so glad I didn’t F that up” more so than enjoying the win.

6 hours ago, Iggles25 said:

Congrats @Shepard Wong

I'm going to miss looking at all the players I find in FA that you are interested in.

Seriously, does everyone else constantly hit the 50 player max on the watchlist or am I the only OCD lunatic in the league?

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

Seriously, does everyone else constantly hit the 50 player max on the watchlist or am I the only OCD lunatic in the league?

just you, weirdo. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

just you, weirdo. 

Yep - I probably shouldn't be in this league because I put very little effort into it :lol: If there ain't $$ involved, I don't really give a crap 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Shepard Wong said:

Just you.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Yep - I probably shouldn't be in this league because I put very little effort into it :lol: If there ain't $$ involved, I don't really give a crap 

i put effort into it as far as making sure i put my lineup in for each day...but i don't f'n know anything about baseball. :lol:  i didn't recognize a single name on waivers all season long. the only guy i drafted that i had heard of before was kershaw & i'm sure that was in passing.

but apparently that's good enough to make the playoffs in this league. :whistle:   

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

i put effort into it as far as making sure i put my lineup in for each day...but i don't f'n know anything about baseball. :lol:  i didn't recognize a single name on waivers all season long. the only guy i drafted that i had heard of before was kershaw & i'm sure that was in passing.

but apparently that's good enough to make the playoffs in this league. :whistle:   

I told you so. I hope you learned something along the way.

• Like 1

On 10/2/2023 at 8:00 AM, Shepard Wong said:

Thanks all.  I’d post a celebration gif but my real reaction is "so glad I didn’t F that up” more so than enjoying the win.

Congratulations Shepard Wong 🎉🎊🥇🏆🏅

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...

Looks like draft is in 8 days, is this league happening?

Hope so. I'm dusting off the baseball mock drafts.

I'm OUT for this year - I'm already in 2 other baseball leagues and I don't have the capacity to keep up with @Shepard Wong's thousands of moves and trade requests throughout the season :lol: 

• Haha 2

On 3/8/2024 at 11:37 AM, mikemack8 said:

I'm OUT for this year - I'm already in 2 other baseball leagues and I don't have the capacity to keep up with @Shepard Wong's thousands of moves and trade requests throughout the season :lol: 

will-ferrell-so.gif

• Haha 1