EMB Fantasy Baseball League 2023

Shepard Wong

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/16/2023 at 9:28 AM, Shepard Wong said:

There is no way you are shocked that I’m a trade hor.

Just accepted your trade offer. Why did you want Fried if you don’t mind me asking?

1 hour ago, jwill2420 said:

Just accepted your trade offer. Why did you want Fried if you don’t mind me asking?

Many of my trades are for one of my guys that I missed on in the draft.  I think he is a borderline ace when healthy plus that Atlanta lineup and bullpen are so strong, it really benefits their starters.  Once Fried is back, he is a superior pitcher to any that will be available.  Trading Brown cost me production now but I expect Fried will be better than him later in the season.  Since I'm off to a fast start record wise and I'm pretty deep at pitching, I can get by with him on the IL until he is ready.  Since you were off to a slower start record wise, I thought the instant production from Brown would be more valuable to you.  Plus I'm carrying a lot of pitchers right now while I wait to see if a reclamation project or 2 I'm trying pays off. Getting someone I can put on the IL helps me out, especially since it looks like Liam Hendricks will be coming off the IL this weekend.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jwill2420 said:

It doesn't look like you accepted.

5 hours ago, Shepard Wong said:

Many of my trades are for one of my guys that I missed on in the draft.  I think he is a borderline ace when healthy plus that Atlanta lineup and bullpen are so strong, it really benefits their starters.  Once Fried is back, he is a superior pitcher to any that will be available.  Trading Brown cost me production now but I expect Fried will be better than him later in the season.  Since I'm off to a fast start record wise and I'm pretty deep at pitching, I can get by with him on the IL until he is ready.  Since you were off to a slower start record wise, I thought the instant production from Brown would be more valuable to you.  Plus I'm carrying a lot of pitchers right now while I wait to see if a reclamation project or 2 I'm trying pays off. Getting someone I can put on the IL helps me out, especially since it looks like Liam Hendricks will be coming off the IL this weekend.

George Clooney Reaction GIF

• Haha 3

Started Verlander today instead of Wheeler (only started one since I have 4 or 5 tomorrow and was at 9 starts going into today for the week).

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, toolg said:

I’m on the verge of an epic collapse! :lol::ph34r:

Pretty sure I had a 70 point lead at one point on Sunday. Wild finish @mr_hunt

• Like 1

Ahh yes - another day of receiving 15 notifications that DUM is adding/dropping players from his team 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, toolg said:

Pretty sure I had a 70 point lead at one point on Sunday. Wild finish @mr_hunt

yeah, i was shocked when i checked it sunday night.  crazy week. 

16 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

yeah, i was shocked when i checked it sunday night.  crazy week. 

So I followed up that -1 on Sunday with 93 on Monday. :groovy:

• Haha 2
  • Angry 1

1 hour ago, toolg said:

So I followed up that -1 on Sunday with 93 on Monday. :groovy:

Video gif. A blond teenager looking annoyed makes a bratty face and mouths, “blah, blah, blah.”

• Haha 5

6 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Don't worry. It's a long week. Wait until Sunday! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

Ahh yes - another day of receiving 15 notifications that DUM is adding/dropping players from his team 

Yeah. I had to turn those notifications off.

• Haha 1

Sorry about the flurry of adds. I now feel guilty for making too many moves with this stupid chat notification thing that started for every add/drop.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Shepard Wong said:

Sorry about the flurry of adds. I now feel guilty for making too many moves with this stupid chat notification thing that started for every add/drop.

giphy-2.gif

@Shepard Wong

Can we just go ahead and crown you champ?

You trade more than Howie in the draft.

You want the keys to my condo while we're at it 🤣

There are some other really good teams in the league.  I tried this the last two years and came in fourth both times.  

@RPeeteRules is probably going to beat me this week.

Where's the condo and is it big enough for me, my wife and my PITA kids and dog?