EAGLES/HURTS AGREE TO 5 YEAR/$255 MILLION EXTENSION!!

SPIDER-MAN

No trade clause … first time in franchise history we’ve used that.  

• Like 4

Bengals, Ravens and Chargers all let out an audible "F ME!!" this beautiful Monday morning.

• Like 3
  • Haha 10

1 minute ago, SPIDER-MAN said:

Bengals, Ravens and Chargers all let out an audible "F ME!!" this beautiful Monday morning.

No way does Lamar get that kind of money

• Like 2

i’m sure with will get moved to the blog or hurts thread soon… though i respect the individual topic like the old days of the board!!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

That's gonna hurt. 

No it won't......Howie and his team of Salary Cappaleers will figure it out. They always do......What would hurt more is NOT having an MVP caliber QB.  

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Cheesteakitis said:

i’m sure with will get moved to the blog or hurts thread soon… though i respect the individual topic like the old days of the board!!

:rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SPIDER-MAN said:

eh, I don't think Ravens are in this circle.  If anything, it helps their case.  Lamar was looking for $200+ guaranteed.  If Hurts couldn't get that, Lamar certainly won't.

If anything, they can lowball Lamar's salary and juice up the incentives for playoff WINS.

• Thanks 1

This video won't embed because of NFL rules so click the link to watch.  Ian Rappaport and others on the panel discussing.  They say here that his base salary this year is not changed, and the signing bonus is where he's getting the increase this year.  They also say that the structure still allows room to build the roster around him.

• Like 5

The main offensive weapons signed through:

• DeVonta Smith: 2024
  • Kenneth Gainwell: 2024
  • Dallas Goedert: 2025
  • AJ Brown: 2026

O line starters: (Howie has proven to extend and keep O linemen)

• Kelce: 2023, but Jurgens there ready
  • Dickerson: 2024
  • Mailata: 2025
  • Johnson: 2025

So all the main guys around him on offense are signed for the next 2-3 years already before this deal.  

• Like 5

This is great news. It's a lot but we have him tied in and it's not fully guaranteed that will allow for some flexibility.

He is worth every penny.

• Like 4

Waiting for the cap expert breakdowns on this deal.  I keep seeing some folks reporting the deal saying something like "Eagles retain cap flexibility" presumably in order to keep being competitive with building the team around him.  

Otherwise, this is great news! :towel: Hopefully he doesn't turn into Wentz! :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, EaglesAddict said:

Waiting for the cap expert breakdowns on this deal.  I keep seeing some folks reporting the deal saying something like "Eagles retain cap flexibility" presumably in order to keep being competitive with building the team around him.  

Otherwise, this is great news! :towel: Hopefully he doesn't turn into Wentz! :ph34r:

I’ve had my doubts about Hurts in the past, with few doubts remaining, but I definitely feel he’s got a much better head on his shoulders than Wentz ever did. 

• Like 8