EAGLES/HURTS AGREE TO 5 YEAR/$255 MILLION EXTENSION!!

SPIDER-MAN

1 hour ago, Diehardfan said:

I don't think he's worth 51 million, but we'll see. And a no trade? F that.

I was skeptical going into this past year but dude, c'mon. The state of quarterbacks in the NFL is terrible. There's like 6 legit good ones, about 8-10 meh ones, and a whole lot of dreck after that. I'm not sure if even the biggest Hurts hater could make a case that he isn't a top 5 QB in this league. Honestly he's no worse than 4.

1. Mahomes
  2. Burrow
  3. Hurts
  4. Allen
  5. Herbert
  6. Lawrence (on the rise now that he has legit coaching)
  7. Tua (always hurt)
  8. Geno Smith (yes Geno Smith is the 8th best QB in the NFL, that's how bad it is)
  9. Dak (can't win in the playoffs)
  10. Goff (the dictionary definition of a mediocre QB is 10th best)
  11. Fields (miles to go as a passer)
  12. Lamar Jackson (sucks in the red zone, terrible decision maker in terms of passing)
  13. Rodgers (cooked!)
  14. Purdy (dude probably won't even start next year)
  15. Kyler Murray (the Ben Simmons of the NFL)
  16. Jones (the Giants actually had to pay this dude like 45 mill a season because the QB position is such dreck)
  17. Cousins (this guy is going to get paid again for the same reason)

After Cousins, the rest of the QBs are total trash. I could make the case that I wouldn't want any of the guys on this list after 11 as my "franchise QB". I would say any team that doesn't have one of those top 7 guys (and Miami is a stretch because I don't think Tua can stay healthy for a playoff run) has pretty much zero shot of winning a super bowl. The Eagles had to

nf-iRj.gif

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, paco said:

Now that this domino fell there is only one logical question to ask:

Where will Wentz land?

this-is-the-xfl-vince-mcmahon.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Gannan said:

I was skeptical going into this past year but dude, c'mon. The state of quarterbacks in the NFL is terrible. There's like 6 legit good ones, about 8-10 meh ones, and a whole lot of dreck after that. I'm not sure if even the biggest Hurts hater could make a case that he isn't a top 5 QB in this league. Honestly he's no worse than 4.

1. Mahomes
  2. Burrow
  3. Hurts
  4. Allen
  5. Herbert
  7. Tua (always hurt)
  8. Geno Smith (yes Geno Smith is the 8th best QB in the NFL, that's how bad it is)
  12. Lamar Jackson (sucks in the red zone, terrible decision maker in terms of passing)
  13. Rodgers (cooked!)
  16. Jones (the Giants actually had to pay this dude like 45 mill a season because the QB position is such dreck)

After Cousins, the rest of the QBs are total trash. I could make the case that I wouldn't want any of the guys on this list after 11 as my "franchise QB". I would say any team that doesn't have one of those top 7 guys (and Miami is a stretch because I don't think Tua can stay healthy for a playoff run) has pretty much zero shot of winning a super bowl. The Eagles had to

nf-iRj.gif

He's crazy but you can't call him cooked

7 minutes ago, Gannan said:

1. Mahomes
  2. Burrow
  3. Hurts
  4. Allen
  5. Herbert
  7. Tua (always hurt)
  13. Rodgers (cooked!)

nf-iRj.gif

Maybe PM is worth $51/million a year...maybe...but the rest aren't IMO. Yes, the market dictates, but that won't change my feelings. I bet Herbert is going to get $55 and we'll be at $60 soon.

Just now, Mike030270 said:

He looks cooked to me. 26 TDs and 12 interceptions is hardly impressive. Wentz had better numbers (barely) when they shipped his arse out of Indy. 

1 minute ago, Diehardfan said:

Maybe PM is worth $51/million a year...maybe...but the rest aren't IMO. Yes, the market dictates, but that won't change my feelings. I bet Herbert is going to get $55 and we'll be at $60 soon.

In any job whether it's NFL QB or cashier at MCDonalds, salary is what the market dictates. That's the going rate for a top 5 NFL QB. Burrow might get 60. The Eagles were wise to get this done before the other guys. 

8 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

He is not THAT good. Overpaid for a guy who cost them a Super Bowl. 🤣

You're a little vague there.

Not THAT good as in, let him walk and draft someone new......or not that good, I'd rather have Allen, Herbert, Lawrence.....or not that good, I'd rather have Tua, Geno or Dak...

$255 Million in salary for one player. See what proper use of an Amazon link can do for an organization? 

• Haha 4

23 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

Game Over.jpg

Nobody has been harder in him in the past then me, but one mistake didn't cost them the Super Bowl when the defense fell apart. Now, is he worth being the highest paid QB in the league after that? Especially, when the QB on the other side didn't have to punt the second half and didn't turn the ball over. Yes, PM signed early and it's spread over ten years, we get it.

Anyway, that's a more fair question to ask. He at least made it there over Allen, though.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

$255 Million in salary for one player. See what proper use of an Amazon link can do for an organization? 

Ask Hurts to fund the board now that he's rich :lol:

31 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

Game Over.jpg

Who do you replace Hurts with?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Ask Hurts to fund the board now that he's rich :lol:

No, I'll ask him to fund a new vehicle for me... err... I mean for the board. I promise to put an EMB bumper sticker on it... :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, Diehardfan said:

Yeah, no discount at all. That no trade is BS. This isn't baseball or hockey.

Seems like you're upset about someone elses pockets :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

Game Over.jpg

Do you hope he fails so you're right? Or do you hope he succeeds because you're a fan?

10 minutes ago, gameshowfan91 said:

Who do you replace Hurts with?

Trade him for Mahomes, Kelce, and a 1st.

Or maybe Sam Darnold in FA. 

So many better options than a guy who played a nearly flawless Super Bowl. Key word being nearly. F that guy.

• Haha 2

He went on a Hurts-bashing-crusade right after the Super Bowl.

1 hour ago, Mike030270 said:

stafford or wilson didn’t make the list above some of those other scrubs?

3 minutes ago, Cheesteakitis said:

I assume he felt all of them are better than those 2 🤷‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Cheesteakitis said:

No

old-man-walking-dnu2t0wadd9z8ocs.gif

The no trade clause shows the faith they have in him. It also I think gives Jalen a bit more protection which is why he signed for 5 years possibly.

Just now, Mike030270 said:

I assume he felt all of them are better than those 2 🤷‍♂️

That's like asking why Matt Ryan or Phillip Rivers didn't make the list :lol:

Stafford maybe comes back from injury and isn't the total suck machine he was last year, but at 35 it's not assured. If anyone watched any of Denver last year, they'd know Wilson is probably only ahead of that Milf chaser in New York. 

• Haha 1