EAGLES/HURTS AGREE TO 5 YEAR/$255 MILLION EXTENSION!!

SPIDER-MAN

57 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

People freak out about the size of these contract, but the keys are guaranteed money, length and cap hit.

There was talk that Hurts wanted a three year extension so he could negotiate again. This contract feels like it’s going to be restructured after 2026. In the meantime Hurts gets a bucket load of guaranteed money and to say he’s the highest paid player in the league.

This will be an extremely back loaded contract with dummy years. The result is that we have our franchise QB for the next 4 years on extremely low cap hits. 

Another masterclass by Howie.

Everyone won’t be happy, but this contract gives the Eagles everything they want and need and the two parties likely restructure in a few years to boot. 

2 hours ago, Diehardfan said:

You make no sense. I said I hate the no trade clause in baseball and hockey and don't want to see it in the NFL. After this it will be popping up all over I'm sure.

NTCs are already in the NFL. It’s not really worth being worked up over. Russell Wilson had a NTC and still got traded. Good thing he did too, because if he didn’t the Eagles could’ve gotten stuck with that contract and bad QB play of Wilson. 

4 minutes ago, Infam said:

😂

Howie is playing 4D chess while everyone else is playing checkers. 

• Like 3

New Jalen Contract, New Jalen Year, New Jalen Thread.    Let's Celebrate everyone.  Jalen is the QB of the decade.  Howie didn't make him wait.  Jalen didn't have to sit out or cause any drama to get a new deal.  The Organization rewarded him in 3 short years after drafting him 2nd round in 2020.    Jalen outplayed rookie deal and then some.    Now let's get to the draft and come back next year with a vengeance.   

icegif-1050.gif

• Like 4

** Cap Hit 2027: 81 million.

This is the "ultimate" kick the can down the road contract. A 4 year window to hopefully win a Super Bowl or two and hope QB salaries in 2027 is close to 80 mil per year 🙂

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, MidMoFo said:

Indeedzzz…

2023 = 1

2024 = 2

2025 = 3

2026 = 4

2027 = 5 

2028 = 6 yearzzzz FTWzzzz

Fine I didn't carry the 1 :wacko:

4 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

People freak out about the size of these contract, but the keys are guaranteed money, length and cap hit.

There was talk that Hurts wanted a three year extension so he could negotiate again. This contract feels like it’s going to be restructured after 2026. In the meantime Hurts gets a bucket load of guaranteed money and to say he’s the highest paid player in the league.

This will be an extremely back loaded contract with dummy years. The result is that we have our franchise QB for the next 4 years on extremely low cap hits. 

Another masterclass by Howie.

The guaranteed money and no trade clause kind of voids the back loaded dummy years concept. I agree he likely restructures to do the team a solid towards the end so that he can actually have a supporting cast though

1 hour ago, Rey said:

This is the "ultimate" kick the can down the road contract. A 4 year window to hopefully win a Super Bowl or two and hope QB salaries in 2027 is close to 80 mil per year 🙂

Or we restructure it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rey said:

Why in god's name does anyone on here try and understand the cap?  The Eagles with Howie have a team of people that understand every nuance of the cap, run numbers out, create plans and when they would target restructures and what that would do.  The cap will continue to go up, Howie will continue to manipulate it.  Now if everyone wants to get in a panic about his draft picks....go ahead.  But even then, they have been better!  (assuming he stays away from PAC 12 players)

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, NYEagle said:

Why in god's name does anyone on here try and understand the cap?  The Eagles with Howie have a team of people that understand every nuance of the cap, run numbers out, create plans and when they would target restructures and what that would do.  The cap will continue to go up, Howie will continue to manipulate it.  Now if everyone wants to get in a panic about his draft picks....go ahead.  But even then, they have been better!  (assuming he stays away from PAC 12 players)

I don't try to figure it out ... I just marvel at the creativity.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

NTCs are already in the NFL. It’s not really worth being worked up over. Russell Wilson had a NTC and still got traded. Good thing he did too, because if he didn’t the Eagles could’ve gotten stuck with that contract and bad QB play of Wilson. 

I'm not worked up I just don't like it. The more they happen the more likely they become.

1 hour ago, Boogyman said:

Or we restructure it.

Restructuring usually results in a can kicking for Howie lol

12 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Restructuring usually results in a can kicking for Howie lol

Yes. So?

8 minutes ago, Boogyman said:

Yes. So?

I was getting the impression your "or we restructure it" was an alternative to kicking the can. If not then my mistake

6 minutes ago, Boogyman said:

Yes. So?

Exactly. The can was designed and implemented to be kicked. There is no "end of the road" as long as the NFL is in business.

The owners regulate themselves. Who else would create a system that pays someone $51 million a year but only counts for $41 million in cap space the first 3 years combined

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

Exactly. The can was designed and implemented to be kicked. There is no "end of the road" as long as the NFL is in business.

The owners regulate themselves. Who else would create a system that pays someone $51 million a year but only counts for $41 million in cap space the first 3 years combined

Somebody forgot to get this memo to the Giants 🙂

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Rey said:

If I am doing my math right, that means the cap hit for 2028 is somewhere between $101 million and $106 million (and maybe more, depending on what incentives Hurts achieves).

Looks like the Eagles are a desired destination now. People asking for trades want to go to Philly. They want to play with Jalen :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Diehardfan said:

I'm not worked up I just don't like it. The more they happen the more likely they become.

If it makes Jalen an even better version of the guy who took us to the SB then I’m all for it.

6 hours ago, BayAreaLennie said:

If I am doing my math right, that means the cap hit for 2028 is somewhere between $101 million and $106 million (and maybe more, depending on what incentives Hurts achieves).

Sounds like a restructuring not worth worrying about.

• Like 1

It essentially looks like a 4yr 70mil contract. Did he get no signing money? It looks built to be restructured after 2026. Throws out a big number but it's all fluff. I mean I appreciate our guy taking a deal like this but get ya some money man. He definitely earned A payday.

55 minutes ago, Vileborg said:

It essentially looks like a 4yr 70mil contract. Did he get no signing money? It looks built to be restructured after 2026. Throws out a big number but it's all fluff. I mean I appreciate our guy taking a deal like this but get ya some money man. He definitely earned A payday.

Bruh... he almost has fully 130mil guaranteed. 110 guaranteed at signing alone.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vileborg said:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/jalen-hurts-47648/

Screenshot_20230418_204633.jpg