Round 1 pick #9 Eagles select Georgia DT Jalen Carter

D-Shiznit

The dude is gonna play with a chip on his shoulder for falling this far.

• Haha 1

Watching footage of Jordan Davis last year obviously Jalen Carter looked like a superstar

Hoping for the same here

Love the pick. Can’t complain. Him, Davis, and Dean is going to be a nice group for years to come. 

• Like 1

Parsons melting down over the Eagles selecting Carter was just lovely. 😂🤣😂

• Like 4

I haven't been able to watch anything on the Draft, so I don't know what was going on but did we HAVE to move up a single slot? Was there a threat that the Bears would take him?

2 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I haven't been able to watch anything on the Draft, so I don't know what was going on but did we HAVE to move up a single slot? Was there a threat that the Bears would take him?

There was a perceived threat that the Bears would trade with another team who could jump the Eagles. 

• Like 8

I don't watch college or really pay much attention to these guys until they come to the NFL, however, I recognize that this guy's name has been thrown around a lot here. Seems like a great pick for us. 

8 minutes ago, Procus said:

There was a perceived threat that the Bears would trade with another team who could jump the Eagles. 

Good point, I hadn't thought about that. 

31 minutes ago, Procus said:

The way Howie explained it... they just did it for good measure.

1 hour ago, Procus said:

Carter didn’t help us by telling everyone we guaranteed to pick him.

That being said. Landing the best player in the draft at 9. Love it!

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Carter didn’t help us by telling everyone we guaranteed to pick him.

That being said. Landing the best player in the draft at 9. Love it!

Well he didn’t help himself with what got him in trouble either. Probably not the smartest player here. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Procus said:

If that was the case we should have known it wasn't a real prospect when they accepted just a '24 4th to do it.

51 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

If that was the case we should have known it wasn't a real prospect when they accepted just a '24 4th to do it.

Not necessarily true. They accepted a fourth because it was only one spot. Obviously compensation would have been a lot more if another team (like Dallas) wanted to jump a lot more spots to move up there. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, nipples said:

Not necessarily true. They accepted a fourth because it was only one spot. Obviously compensation would have been a lot more if another team (like Dallas) wanted to jump a lot more spots to move up there. 

Exactly, like I said Chicago had fielded zero offers for pick 9 and were picking a player in Wright who could have been there as low as 14.