Eagles Trade a 4th round pick in 2025 for Lions RB D'Andre Swift

time2rock

14 hours ago, Procus said:

Lions moved on from Swift because he was unhappy there and it is a contract year for him. 

Duce will never be a head coach in the NFL.  The Bieniemy analogy doesn't fly - Duce was never a coordinator, let alone a coordinator for the top offensive team in the NFL.  And Duce hasn't distinguished himself as a RB coach.  I doubt very much that he will ever be promoted to OC anywhere in the NFL.

We will never know the real reason he moved to Carolina.  He had a sweetheart job in Philly, and disgruntled himself out of town.  He was not doing a good job coaching Swift in Detroit.  Don't take what the guy says at face value.  Do you honestly believe he'd say he was having problems in Detroit as his reason for leaving?  Seriously?

They moved on from Swift because they signed Montgomery and drafted Gibbs. They replaced him and had no intent of keeping him around. That's an organizational decision and Swift was unhappy because he was now the third option. 

Duce was flagged as a potential HC option when Doug was the head coach. The two things that hurt him was the fact he hadn't called plays and he only had experience within one organization. Here is an article from SI where Campbell says he is grooming Duce for a HC role.

https://www.si.com/nfl/lions/news/lions-lose-duce-staley

Williams just had a career season under Duce where he rushed for 17 TD's in a season which lead the league. They didn't keep him either because the view around the league is that the position is expendable and Williams was average at best before getting injured at the Saints. The team rushing stats improved from 2021 to 2022 with Duce as the RB coach. He has a mother that has health issues and he asked the Lions to release him. If he wasn't a good coach Reich wouldn't have brought him straight in. 

While you may not like him, many coaches and former players have said he would make a good HC at some point. Bienmy was an OC that didn't call plays, Duce was a RB and assistant HC that also didn't call plays. And before you say he is just a RB coach, positional coaches don't get HC jobs, Campbell went from TE coach to HC. Harbaugh went from a DB coach to a HC. The HC is about managing the personalities and building the game plan, they don't have to call the plays

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PhillyDan1969 said:

I think the game plan abandoned Swift too early and didn't utilize him enough. In that final drive in regulation for the Eagles, I would've fed Swift a hefty diet of runs to grind the yards and the clock and ended the game with the FG. 

Agreed, probably should have given him the ball a couple more times in OT as well

Here is a quote from the Lions board that I find concerning.

Bingo
And Swift ALWAYS had a big game or two to start the year — he will fade like he did every year for us

Maybe the Eagles are aware of that too which is why they're not using him that much.

49 minutes ago, eglz1 said:

Maybe the Eagles are aware of that too which is why they're not using him that much.

He was on a sheet team and barely got the ball his whole career there. Also he didn't have a big game or 2 to start the year either 

3 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

He was on a sheet team and barely got the ball his whole career there. Also he didn't have a big game or 2 to start the year either 

He had a big game against last season didn’t he ? 

2 minutes ago, rrfierce said:

He had a big game against last season didn’t he ? 

Ah sheet yes he had that one but hardly touched the ball the rest of the year that game was the most carries he had in a game all year and it was only 15 carries. Probably duce rotation nonsense 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eglz1 said:

They aren't?

RUNNING BACK WK 1 WK 2 WK 3 WK 4 TOTAL
D'Andre Swift
29%
75%
54%
63%
Kenneth Gainwell
62%
46%
38%
Boston Scott
12%
13%
0%
Rashaad Penny 0
12%
0 0 9

The Eagles like Gainwell too, but he is getting less snaps each week in favor of Swift.

13 hours ago, brkmsn said:

They aren't?

RUNNING BACK WK 1 WK 2 WK 3 WK 4 TOTAL
D'Andre Swift
29%
75%
54%
63%
Kenneth Gainwell
62%
46%
38%
Boston Scott
12%
13%
0%
Rashaad Penny 0
12%
0 0 9

The Eagles like Gainwell too, but he is getting less snaps each week in favor of Swift.

Need to get Penny more involved IMO as the year progresses. Need these guys fresh for the end of the season and playoffs. I've said it before that guys like Mcaffrey who avg 25 touches a game will be burned out come January. 

• Like 1

does anyone find it amusing that , like the Chiefs, we have our own Kelce/Swift relationship? 

though ours would be more like Brokeback Mountain if it were the same dynamic....

25 minutes ago, flyerdog said:

does anyone find it amusing that , like the Chiefs, we have our own Kelce/Swift relationship? 

though ours would be more like Brokeback Mountain if it were the same dynamic....

All this bull w the Chiefs is reason # 547,903,261 that we needed to win that SB. Endless Travis commercials, State farm commercials, now this Taylor swift nonsense. Makes me miss Tony Romo's carousel of gf's smh