Eagles Trade a 4th round pick in 2025 for Lions RB D'Andre Swift

time2rock

On 4/30/2023 at 9:48 AM, judunno said:

4 headed monster keep these guys fresh

Saw something that said all four of our backs cost less than Miles Sanders. 😂

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Stud.  if Hurts can learn to throw to the back in the flat or on the screen, this guy will do major damage.

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

29 minutes ago, Miami said:

Stud.  if Hurts can learn to throw to the back in the flat or on the screen, this guy will do major damage.

What makes you think he wouldn't. If he has a viable back that can catch he'll check down. He's done it with Gainwell who hasn't been the most reliable as a pass catcher. The Eagles haven't dialed up many screens to the RBs preferring to go with the TEs and WRs. Progressions rarely started with the RB last year. If you have an actual weapon at RB like Swift who is a great receiver as a RB, they'll actually draw up more plays for him to actually be 1st in the progressions. Especially in those empty sets that we like to run. More screens, texas routes, and wheel routes to the backs would be in play as well. We haven't had a RB like Swift that's an actual weapon as a receiver in years. 

https://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/video/highlight-rb-kenneth-gainwell-s-precise-texas-route-nets-13-yard-td-grab

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 4/30/2023 at 11:52 AM, EazyEaglez said:

This is part of the reason I wanted Robinson, because he added a new dynamic that this team was lacking. I really do like this pickup. Swift is a guy who could get 1000 total rushing/receiving yards. Between all of their backs they have a great combo group. For the value of the player you can’t beat what they got. Now is this move AJ Brown level? No, but  this kid will be productive and he will help this team win football games.

Oh for sure it isn’t an AJ Brown type move but it’s a very good and logical move. We know behind this OL and with Hurts at QB that a RB on this team has a great chance to do some damage. Swift is the kind of player who can do a lot of damage for sure.

• Like 3

Man these videos of our guys are getting me way too hype in May haha.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, T-1000 said:

Any word on what number Swift is wearing?

No clue. What's the meaning of life, the universe, and everything?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, judunno said:

No clue. What's the meaning of life, the universe, and everything?

Poor K’Von

• Like 1

On 5/3/2023 at 7:10 PM, T-1000 said:

I was bored
One of these: 0,3,9,10,12,13,22,23,25,26,30,36,37,38,41,43,46,47,49,83,86,87
Unless someone gives up their jersey or gets moved. 32 and 7 are currently taken.
Penny is going to need a # that's not #20 as well.

• Like 1

On 5/3/2023 at 7:10 PM, T-1000 said:

ZERO

Agent 0

Perfect. Great trivia question for the future. First Eagle to wear #0.

• Like 1

On 5/3/2023 at 1:30 AM, judunno said:

Man these videos of our guys are getting me way too hype in May haha.

I am so used to be a bit bummed after the draft, my favorite players ignored- other picks I don’t get..

Not this time. Just great picks that feel right. I honestly believe the first four picks will be starters and there is a lot of potential with every pick they made.

A lot can happen, I get it. And all the praise is dangerous, rat poison and all..

It still feels good though!

• Like 2

So if Swift and Penny show a really strong one two combo, does the team resign one of them, both of them, neither of them?

36 minutes ago, SPIDER-MAN said:

So if Swift and Penny show a really strong one two combo, does the team resign one of them, both of them, neither of them?

probably, no, maybe

On 5/5/2023 at 9:36 PM, Bwestbrook36 said:

FB_IMG_1683334271635.jpg

This was fake news right?

2 hours ago, judunno said:

This was fake news right?

He did say it but it wasn't the real reason he took the number lol

2 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

He did say it but it wasn't the real reason he took the number lol

Nah I don't think he said it... looks like a troll job. Still funny though. And facts...hahaha.

We're seeing a pattern with the Eagles - signing or trading for players on one year deals on the cheap.  It's a great strategy.  The rentals are tremendous value having every incentive to play hard, one or two latch on with second contracts, and the rest that leave to cash in on big deals net the team comp picks.  Strategy makes sense from a talent, roster and cap standpoint, and mitigates loss of future assets through comp picks.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Procus said:

We're seeing a pattern with the Eagles - signing or trading for players on one year deals on the cheap.  It's a great strategy.  The rentals are tremendous value having every incentive to play hard, one or two latch on with second contracts, and the rest that leave to cash in on big deals net the team comp picks.  Strategy makes sense from a talent, roster and cap standpoint, and mitigates loss of future assets through comp picks.

Pretty damn slick. Howie mastered the cap game now he's mastered the prove it deal/comp game. If he starts hitting regularly on draft picks, it's game over.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, judunno said:

Pretty damn slick. Howie mastered the cap game now he's mastered the prove it deal/comp game. If he starts hitting regularly on draft picks, it's game over.

From cap king to draft king? 😎

• Like 2

On 5/8/2023 at 3:59 PM, Procus said:

I like it.

BUT, can this philosophy be sustained year after year after year. I guess time will tell.

3 hours ago, LacesOut said:

I like it.

BUT, can this philosophy be sustained year after year after year. I guess time will tell.

Long as the NFL doesn't default on it's national debt... yup. Helps that we have an owner that doesn't mind spending money.

4 hours ago, LacesOut said:

I like it.

I think the advantage the Eagles have now is that they're a desirable organization that all other things aside, players want to play with.  Plus, if the player can latch on to a team that can advance in the playoffs, he has a better chance at hitting on a good second contract.  So at least for now, Eagles are a step ahead of the rest of the league on that front.

• Thanks 1