Eagles Trade a 4th round pick in 2025 for Lions RB D'Andre Swift

time2rock

I think the eagles would be prudent to start getting Penny some touches.......splitting the touches with all 4 backs would be a good idea, especially when they have a 2-3 score lead.  

They also need to get RBs more involved in the passing game, looking for mismatches against LBs.  

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, birdman#12 said:

I think the eagles would be prudent to start getting Penny some touches.......splitting the touches with all 4 backs would be a good idea, especially when they have a 2-3 score lead.  

They also need to get RBs more involved in the passing game, looking for mismatches against LBs.  

I think Penny should get more touches than Gainwell just to see what he has but they need to feature Swift more... He makes the offense more dangerous... Gainwell is average at best 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

Thank you Detroit Lions.

Thank you Detroit... thank you Chicago. NFC Central blessed us.

• Like 2

Yeah, I want to see if Penny actually has anything to give. Maybe he can be a good closer to spell Swift/Gainwell, but we won't know that unless he gets touches.

• Like 2

Penny is a better runner than Gainwell. He should be getting touches, I'm amazed he has seen the field only due to multiple injuries. 

• Like 1

I mostly like the formula the last two games.  Use Swift early to open up the passing game and capture yards in chunks. Once the game is well in hand, bring in Gainwell to run out the clock.  He is serviceable and dare I say...expendable?

Hard to predict, but my gut tells me we're going to see more Penny near the end of close games where we need to sustain long drives. 

14 hours ago, Infam said:

This Lions fan is really unhappy about Duce and losing Swift. 

I think he‘s not wrong.

To sum up the above video, it claims that Swift was unfairly labelled as being injury prone.  In fact, he's never missed more than 3 games a season which is in line with Miles Sanders' time in Philly.

The video goes on to claim that Swift was a victim of bad coaching by Duce Staley who adjured him to run over a hard hitting safety in practice.  There was also a claim that Staley felt that Swift did not respect him enough.  Staley placed the injury prone moniker on Swift.

This was the same Duce Staley who talked himself out of the Eagles coaching staff for being 'disrespected' by being a Rooney Rule interview without having been offered the head coaching job.  The same Duce Staley who did not last long in Detroit and who is currently in Carolina on Frank Reich's staff.

• Like 3

Swift is better than both the backs the lions have now. 

And for all the Gibbs hype going into the draft and during the preseason, he looks ordinary asf. 

• Like 1

On 9/28/2023 at 6:18 PM, Procus said:

To sum up the above video, it claims that Swift was unfairly labelled as being injury prone.  In fact, he's never missed more than 3 games a season which is in line with Miles Sanders' time in Philly.

The video goes on to claim that Swift was a victim of bad coaching by Duce Staley who adjured him to run over a hard hitting safety in practice.  There was also a claim that Staley felt that Swift did not respect him enough.  Staley placed the injury prone moniker on Swift.

This was the same Duce Staley who talked himself out of the Eagles coaching staff for being 'disrespected' by being a Rooney Rule interview without having been offered the head coaching job.  The same Duce Staley who did not last long in Detroit and who is currently in Carolina on Frank Reich's staff.

Duce will never get a HC job. He doesn't know how to manage different personalities. Everyone's not going to be like him and that's ok. Once he realizes that maybe folks will take him seriously

• Like 2

1 hour ago, judunno said:

Duce will never get a HC job. He doesn't know how to manage different personalities. Everyone's not going to be like him and that's ok. Once he realizes that maybe folks will take him seriously

He had it pretty damn good in Philly.  Asst. HC, long term position coach making good money.  Top tier organization.  Should have said thank you to the team brass and stayed put - but he listened to too many voices whispering in his ear and signed his ticket out of football paradise.  Worked out well for the Eagles in the end, but not so good for Duce.

• Like 1

On 9/29/2023 at 8:18 AM, Procus said:

If you asked most Eagles fans they would have told you that they thought Sanders is injury prone. 

Swift also injured his ankle in week one last year and apparently separated his shoulder 2 weeks later. He did struggle to stay healthy or had to play through injuries in limited work during his time with the Lions. Article below 

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2023/01/10/detroit-lions-dandre-swift-injury-surgery/69794808007/

The Lions also decided to move on from Swift even though Duce was no longer there. That's not a Duce decision, that's an organization decision. Dudes be making 10 minute YouTube videos for something a 20 second Google search can dispute those facts pretty quickly. Williams also managed to have a career year with Duce as his RB coach. He had his first 1000 yard season and the most rushing TD's in the league with 17. 

21 hours ago, Procus said:

He had it pretty damn good in Philly.  Asst. HC, long term position coach making good money.  Top tier organization.  Should have said thank you to the team brass and stayed put - but he listened to too many voices whispering in his ear and signed his ticket out of football paradise.  Worked out well for the Eagles in the end, but not so good for Duce.

It was a sideways move, but if Duce wanted to become a HC it was a move he had to make. Same reason Bieniemy moved to Washington. He also left Detroit because Reich wanted him to join his staff and his mom is sick and lives near Carolina. 

1 hour ago, Mat said:

The Lions also decided to move on from Swift even though Duce was no longer there. That's not a Duce decision, that's an organization decision. Dudes be making 10 minute YouTube videos for something a 20 second Google search can dispute those facts pretty quickly. Williams also managed to have a career year with Duce as his RB coach. He had his first 1000 yard season and the most rushing TD's in the league with 17. 

It was a sideways move, but if Duce wanted to become a HC it was a move he had to make. Same reason Bieniemy moved to Washington. He also left Detroit because Reich wanted him to join his staff and his mom is sick and lives near Carolina. 

Lions moved on from Swift because he was unhappy there and it is a contract year for him. 

Duce will never be a head coach in the NFL.  The Bieniemy analogy doesn't fly - Duce was never a coordinator, let alone a coordinator for the top offensive team in the NFL.  And Duce hasn't distinguished himself as a RB coach.  I doubt very much that he will ever be promoted to OC anywhere in the NFL.

We will never know the real reason he moved to Carolina.  He had a sweetheart job in Philly, and disgruntled himself out of town.  He was not doing a good job coaching Swift in Detroit.  Don't take what the guy says at face value.  Do you honestly believe he'd say he was having problems in Detroit as his reason for leaving?  Seriously?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Procus said:

And Duce hasn't distinguished himself as a RB coach. 

I believe he has. He is a strong believer in RBBC which many fans don't like, but I believe he has has had a lot of successful RBs play while he was coaching. He also created the drill adopted for RBs at the combine. I think he's been a stellar positional coach. I have no idea how he'd do when it comes to other coaching tasks. 

14 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

I believe he has. He is a strong believer in RBBC which many fans don't like, but I believe he has has had a lot of successful RBs play while he was coaching. He also created the drill adopted for RBs at the combine. I think he's been a stellar positional coach. I have no idea how he'd do when it comes to other coaching tasks. 

If Duce doesn't have Stout as the OL coach, Duce is a crap RB coach.  Eagles haven't missed a beat since he left - if anything, the team got better.

Did not appreciate his attitude of entitlement to the head coaching job for being a RB coach for a few years.  I suspect he ran into problems behind the scenes in Detroit.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Procus said:

If Duce doesn't have Stout as the OL coach, Duce is a crap RB coach.  Eagles haven't missed a beat since he left - if anything, the team got better.

Did not appreciate his attitude of entitlement to the head coaching job for being a RB coach for a few years.  I suspect he ran into problems behind the scenes in Detroit.

At the time of the Sirianni hiring, there were a lot of people questioning the decision. I'm sure Duce felt like he had done more (for the team) to earn the job than Sirianni (a low-profile outsider). 

21 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

At the time of the Sirianni hiring, there were a lot of people questioning the decision. I'm sure Duce felt like he had done more (for the team) to earn the job than Sirianni (a low-profile outsider). 

If that's the way he "felt" - then he sure felt entitled.  Show me another RB coach that made the jump to HC.  Just one.

• Like 2

I think the game plan abandoned Swift too early and didn't utilize him enough. In that final drive in regulation for the Eagles, I would've fed Swift a hefty diet of runs to grind the yards and the clock and ended the game with the FG. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Procus said:

If that's the way he "felt" - then he sure felt entitled.  Show me another RB coach that made the jump to HC.  Just one.

Why was he being interviewed then?

1 hour ago, brkmsn said:

Why was he being interviewed then?

Rooney Rule - the NFL forces owners to interview black candidates.  I guess all the other interviewees who weren't hired were similarly disrespected, right?

1 hour ago, PhillyDan1969 said:

I think the game plan abandoned Swift too early and didn't utilize him enough. In that final drive in regulation for the Eagles, I would've fed Swift a hefty diet of runs to grind the yards and the clock and ended the game with the FG. 

100% - that game never should have gone into OT.  Eagles should have wound the clock down to under 10 seconds and then kicked the FG.  Washington only had one T.O.

• Like 1