Eagles Trade a 4th round pick in 2025 for Lions RB D'Andre Swift

time2rock

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I don’t think he would cost a lot to keep though. I really like the pick up and I think he adds a lot to this offense but he’s not going to cost a lot if they did want to keep him beyond this year.

If he has a big year and leaves, we get a comp pick back the year we traded the 4th from to get him. 

• Like 2

"I was a real big Eagles fan,” Swift admitted to the media. "That’s where I’m from, so I always wanted to root them on coming from the city of Philadelphia, but not this week.”

"Living out my dream, being able to play the NFL team I grew up watching. Having the opportunity to play against them, it’s a blessing,” Swift told the media.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Penny and Swift might be the best ypc RB combo in the league... for the 73 snaps neither of them are hurt.

Great players but fra-gee-lay  (lots of RBs are like Sanders and he stayed healthy last year so lets hope for the best)

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Procus said:

I'm still holding out for Derrick Henry

I think those dreams are over bud.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Great players but fra-gee-lay  (lots of RBs are like Sanders and he stayed healthy last year so lets hope for the best)

Define "healthy" - Sanders got dinged on the first play of the SB and was a non-factor the entire game.  He was frequently missing games or playing time due to various injuries

1 minute ago, Procus said:

Define "healthy" - Sanders got dinged on the first play of the SB and was a non-factor the entire game.  He was frequently missing games or playing time due to various injuries

He played in 17 games and had 250+ carries.

1 minute ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

Winston Justice?

Andy Reid and his stubbornness ruined that guy’s career in just one game. 

4 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Andy Reid and his stubbornness ruined that guy’s career in just one game. 

What happened? Was it that multiple sack Giants game?

Are you glad Andy Reid days are behind us and got to experience Doug Pederson and Nick Sirianni?

5 minutes ago, gameshowfan91 said:

What happened? Was it that multiple sack Giants game?

Are you glad Andy Reid days are behind us and got to experience Doug Pederson and Nick Sirianni?

You don’t remember the Osi sack game and Andy’s refusal to run the ball or give that kid any kind of help blocking? 

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

You don’t remember the Osi sack game and Andy’s refusal to run the ball or give that kid any kind of help blocking? 

I thought it was that game. It was misery to watch that game.

Just now, gameshowfan91 said:

I thought it was that game. It was misery to watch that game.

I actually felt bad for McNabb. He took a beating that game. 

1 hour ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

Max Jean-Gilles 4th Rd 2006 OG

Forgot about him. good catch.

Eagles had six picks at the start of this draft and they basically turned that into 8 players. 

• Like 3

Swift was born in Philly the same week that Andy Reid was hired to coach the Eagles.

• Like 2

Swift is really good.  And lethal catching the ball in the flat.  He opens up a new dimension to the offense.  He must be ecstatic to have this opportunity.  If he stays healthy, he will crush.  Watched a few games of his where he just ran all over the place.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Miami said:

Swift is really good.  And lethal catching the ball in the flat.  He opens up a new dimension to the offense.  He must be ecstatic to have this opportunity.  If he stays healthy, he will crush.  Watched a few games of his where he just ran all over the place.

He adds a real dimension to this offense that we’ve not necessarily had. Sanders was up and down in terms of catching the ball and Gainwell is good at it but Swift is another level.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

He adds a real dimension to this offense that we’ve not necessarily had. Sanders was up and down in terms of catching the ball and Gainwell is good at it but Swift is another level.

This is part of the reason I wanted Robinson, because he added a new dynamic that this team was lacking. I really do like this pickup. Swift is a guy who could get 1000 total rushing/receiving yards. Between all of their backs they have a great combo group. For the value of the player you can’t beat what they got. Now is this move AJ Brown level? No, but  this kid will be productive and he will help this team win football games.

• Like 1

Super happy with this move. I thought they needed to add an impact player on offense and Penny just couldn’t be counted on to stay healthy.  Swift plays and plays well but can’t take a heavy workload. Between the 2 I think you have something impactful

• Like 1