**Official 76ers 2023-2024 Season Thread**

mr_hunt

32 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

Seems legit!

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

Maybe they can trade Harden and Tobias Harris, clear up some cap space and sign some younger Free Agents.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Sounds like Dame is calling him out for being a whiny beetch 

1 hour ago, vikas83 said:

2 championships at the start and 1 at the end of his career. All on the backs of other players. Not saying he’d be bad but those championships don’t carry a lot of weight. 

2 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

With what assets? I don’t think it’s out of the question if you don’t believe maxey is a no. 1 star and don’t believe if you eventually build around him that you are gonna win a title that he is a tradable asset. However if you are remotely thinking of trading maxey then you have to keep harden to be your no. 3 guy on a championship team. Meaning not sure you are going lillard, harden and embiid. I think you are looking for a wing type player at that point. Idk who that is but it makes more sense. Also not getting lillard in some 3 way deal with giving up Harris, maxey and the 1 first rounder you have to trade in 2029. 

21 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

It's trade machine time! 

Screenshot_20230515-165858.png

I like this trade. I hope Sixers Management uses this software, because I don't believe they are this creative to pull off a deal like this.

6 minutes ago, jsdarkstar said:

I like this trade. I hope Sixers Management uses this software, because I don't believe they are this creative to pull off a deal like this.

theyll pass because it says 6ers -2 wins. 

D’antoni odds are great. Cause I’m betting the sixers do the dumbest thing possible and hire d’antoni. Harden odds kind of speak loudly that he’s going back to houston 

C4B609C4-A408-4E02-B3E5-15D33C488F92.thumb.jpeg.a8f29c3b28f5c71330860145b086528e.jpeg6BED5CD7-EE24-41CC-B4ED-638D20B09DAC.thumb.jpeg.8fd8e98fc50c581a02dae2fb849cd1f4.jpeg

41 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

theyll pass because it says 6ers -2 wins. 

I made the trade and kept Maxey. LOL.

image.png.61023b7fea464e035db418b917f40a28.png

• Haha 1

I wouldnt mind seeing Harden walk to Houston, taking Daryl with him, and seeing them hire D'Antoni there.

Speaking of, since Doc and Morey came in during the same off-season. If the 6ers have seen enough of Doc, can a Morey firing be next?

• Like 1

Just now, jsdarkstar said:

I made the trade and kept Maxey. LOL.

image.png.61023b7fea464e035db418b917f40a28.png

still losing a game due to that trade. Pass!!

• Haha 1

With all the talk about player movement, give me a Nick Nurse, and Kawhi team up in Philly.

I dont want to see Embiid or Kawhi for a single regular season game. Keep them on ice. Sneak in as a 7 seed or play in team. And unleash the beasts. 

• Haha 1

If Blazers end up with the 2nd thru 4th pick tonight and Simons/Sharpe that along with some future 1sts is value for Embiid. 

This is the draft class to get a picks in, nexts years class isn't good. 

7 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I wouldnt mind seeing Harden walk to Houston, taking Daryl with him, and seeing them hire D'Antoni there.

Speaking of, since Doc and Morey came in during the same off-season. If the 6ers have seen enough of Doc, can a Morey firing be next?

Didn't they hire Doc before Morey?

Wouldn't mind trading for a guy like Smith. Screw Hollinger's analysis. 

image.png.bedb93b60753d45c080aa54f95af4e6a.png

40 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

They did. I’m not gonna sit here and justify Daryl Morey keeping his job. The move that should cost him his job is just only having eyes for James Harden, when there were other options that were likely better long-term fits for the Sixers.

That said when he was hired, sixers cap situation and assets were horrific due to mismanagement by the Sixers front office and ownership. The fact that he inherited Harris’ god awful contract that you couldn’t really move unless took back just as awful contracts. Al Horford was given to him because of stupid ass decisions by the 76ers (brand/brown), which ultimately cost them cap space to actually make good moves and only way to dump him was giving up a first rounder. Add on the sixers hired doc before they even got morey in the building so he was forced into doc. the sixers cheap ass ownership wouldn’t fire him with 4 or 3 years left on the contract cause they were still paying brett brown in his buyout and didn’t want to pay two buyouts and a new HC

the worst decision he made was only going after Harden when he could’ve gotten Halliburton. Which long term is gonna look really bad. If he was given the assets that Colangelo and Elton Brand/Brett Brown were given then I’d be more pissed off at him. But he wasn’t. He was given a **** cap situation. Give a crap contract and Al Horford and Tobias Harris. And then ownership that wanted to save if $16 million at this years’ trade deadline instead of actually making moves. I’m going to say if Joshua Harris wasn’t a crap owner that wanted to pocket $16 mil then we likely see more than mcdaniels at the deadline. But we have a crappy owner whk wanted $16 mil 

i wouldn’t lose sleep over firing morey. However the I’m way more irritated and angry about ownership allowing colangelo to be in charge then giving brown/brand power for 2 offseasons when neither had experience or should’ve had that type of power. Also not so sure any GM is turning the sixers around considering the crap amount of assets and cap space they have due to horrific moves by previous regimes and morey’s poor harden trade 

Imo the Sixers brought in Daryl Morey two off-season’s too late to save them from all the mistakes they made with brand/brown. Morey only having eyes for harden didn’t help and finally likely doomed the sixers. but I’m guessing some of his logic in it was getting harden and if he wasn’t shot (just injured with nets) that it was the only way to counter those mistakes previously. Which looks like a bad plan now. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

I dont remember which came first but it was the same offseason. 

49 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

With all the talk about player movement, give me a Nick Nurse, and Kawhi team up in Philly.

I dont want to see Embiid or Kawhi for a single regular season game. Keep them on ice. Sneak in as a 7 seed or play in team. And unleash the beasts. 

Kawhi is the type of clutch player this team is missing. Apparently Damian Lillard has also expressed some "intrigue" regarding the 76ers roster. At this point you're either building around Embiid and Harden and hoping that you can find the missing piece, or you're moving both and rebuilding.

Acquiring Kawhi or Lillard will easily cost us both Maxey and Tobias Harris (plus draft picks), but we really need an alpha to fill the void that Jimmy Butler left. 

Letting go of Tyrese Maxey in a potential trade would be very difficult, since he's a young ascending talent who plays with heart (including the playoffs), but our best bet is trying to create a new big 3 with Embiid, Harden, and either Kawhi or Lillard, followed by filling the rest of the roster with ring-chasing vets.

683222040_ScreenShot2023-05-16at3_03_50PM.png.133de0ab80f22d36f1a5f0104edd60c3.png

538820405_ScreenShot2023-05-16at3_05_10PM.png.2df342a9c941ccada6b80c9a7a4302cc.png

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

Kawhi is the type of clutch player this team is missing. Apparently Damian Lillard has also expressed some "intrigue" regarding the 76ers roster. At this point you're either building around Embiid and Harden and hoping that you can find the missing piece, or you're moving both and rebuilding.

Acquiring Kawhi or Lillard will easily cost us both Maxey and Tobias Harris (plus draft picks), but we really need an alpha to fill the void that Jimmy Butler left. 

Letting go of Tyrese Maxey in a potential trade would be very difficult, since he's a young ascending talent who plays with heart (including the playoffs), but our best bet is trying to create a new big 3 with Embiid, Harden, and either Kawhi or Lillard, followed by fill the rest of the roster with ring-chasing vets.

683222040_ScreenShot2023-05-16at3_03_50PM.png.133de0ab80f22d36f1a5f0104edd60c3.png

538820405_ScreenShot2023-05-16at3_05_10PM.png.2df342a9c941ccada6b80c9a7a4302cc.png

First, I hate trading maxey, but I looked at it for a while now that after Joel Embiid is gone, the likelihood you win a title with maxey as you’re number one guy and just building around him is very slim. Likely the iggy and holiday sixers stuck in a purgatory. So if you’re going to maximize a championship window then he is likely the guy you have to trade to get a star player to put alongside Joel Embiid and harden if you keep him to try to win a title. It’s unfortunate but the reality. The reality is when you trade Joel Embiid and he’s gone would you rather just be stuck in the middle of the pack with Tyrese Maxey (with some picks that might or might not bring you another star) or would you rather just be completely bad to the point where you’re picking high enough to potentially get better stars?

Second, I love Kawhi Leonard. However, Kawhi Leonard can’t stay healthy. We don’t need more guys on this team that are unreliable when the playoffs start to stay healthy. If this was Kawhi Leonard Toronto Raptors and I knew that’s what I was getting him throughout the playoffs and he wasn’t gonna get hurt then I would do it. I think you’re gonna wind up getting a guy who consistently gets injured and then now you’re back to where you are because you don’t have reliable players in the playoffs.