**Official 76ers 2023-2024 Season Thread**

mr_hunt

11 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

and this is why...as much as i don't like it....the sixers might be better off re-signing harden. :meh:  players just don't choose philly...ever. 

21 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Portland likely asking for Herro, Martin and bam along with picks and pick swaps in a lillard deal to Miami. I don’t see anyway miami can make that deal without including bam in it. With straus and Vincent UFA this offseason can’t include them unless doing a sign and trade and doubting they’d sign on to go to portland in a rebuild. Could do Lowry on expiring and herro. Doubt Portland sees the value as enough as  Miami doesn’t have the draft picks like Knicks and nets. miami can trade their 2023 first. But don’t have their 2025. So could only do a swap in 2026 and 2028. Then get 2027 and 2029 first. Hard time seeing Riley giving up all that for lillard who may have 2-3 years left 

Knicks and nets have more picks they can send over. I don’t think player wise the Knicks or nets could come close to Miami unless nets and Knicks dealing bridges and Brunson which is highly doubtful they do. Frankly think the nets and Knicks picks might coukd go in any direction.  the nets have the suns 2025, 2027 and 2029 firsts. dont have any protections on it based on what I’m seeing. neither does the 2029 first they got from Dallas, sixers 2027 is top 8 protected. The problem is the nets can’t trade their own pick until 2028 as they don’t own their 2024 and 2026 picks and rockets already own swaps in 2025 and 2027. The Knicks have a lot of firsts but almost all of them have protections on them and i think the ones you’d ideally want have protections that likely eventually make them 2nd rounders. So you’d need Knicks picks and swaps from like 2025-2029

7 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

and this is why...as much as i don't like it....the sixers might be better off re-signing harden. :meh:  players just don't choose philly...ever. 

It's too early to be drinking. I don't know why anyone would want Harden for 3 to 4 more years. His history is well documented he is a choker 

2 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

It's too early to be drinking. I don't know why anyone would want Harden for 3 to 4 more years. His history is well documented he is a choker 

want him? :wacko:  i definitely do not want him. 

i was only trying to point out that letting harden walk (and then tobi) to create cap room in 2024 isn't going to help either because players don't choose philly. 

6 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

I actually think the Fred Vanvleet move isn’t horrible. Obviously he’s not a star and Harden  might still be better than him today. But a 4 year contract with James Harden you’re going to get stuck in that contract until he becomes an expiring contract. He’s already declined pretty steadily from 31 to 33. chance by the second year of that contract it’s even more. At least with Fred Vanvleet if you sign him to an extension and he’s only 29 years old. So in two years, if Joel Embiid asked to be traded, I could trade Embiid and I still have value with Fred Vanvleet at 31 to be able to move him. Teams would still want him and have some sort of value for him. I don’t have to just wait until he becomes an expiring contract. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mr_hunt said:

i was only trying to point out that letting harden walk (and then tobi) to create cap room in 2024 isn't going to help either because players don't choose philly. 

Correct. But the answer isn't to keep Harden. 

It's to gather assets for that offseason as well so you can make a trade. 

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I actually think the Fred Vanvleet move isn’t horrible. Obviously he’s not a star and Harden  might still be better than him today. But a 4 year contract with James Harden you’re going to get stuck in that contract until he becomes an expiring contract. He’s already declined pretty steadily from 31 to 33. chance by the second year of that contract it’s even more. At least with Fred Vanvleet you to get him into an extension and he’s only 29 years old today. So in two years, if Joel Embiid asked to be traded, I could trade Embiid and I still have value with Fred Vanvleet at 31 to be able to move him. Teams would still want him and have some sort of value for him. I don’t have to just wait until he becomes an expiring contract. 

Agree,  if we are repeating the Andre Miller era, better to do it with FVV rather than Harden. 

2 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

This is the reason they did the process and were asset accumulating. Sixers FO basically pissed away those assets and never actually got a legit second star besides butler and let him walk. Harden used to be a big star. He’s not that guy anymore or can’t be it enough in the playoffs to put us over

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Yeah i looked at FVV as a possible asset going forward. Harden isn’t going to be an asset. He’s gonna be an anchor you are stuck with until he’s an expiring contract which doesn’t help you in terms of assets over the next couple years. 

funny that the rights to ricky Sanchez mentioned the trade of FVV and OG for maxey and tobias like Daeagles4life and I brought up a couple weeks back. They said the same thing i did that they don’t think Toronto would do it. 

48 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

There's an argument to be made that a better coach could have and would have found a way to win game 6. If that happens maybe they make the finals. I'm not 100% buying it, but that's the argument for running it back.

42 minutes ago, Gannan said:

There's an argument to be made that a better coach could have and would have found a way to win game 6. If that happens maybe they make the finals. I'm not 100% buying it, but that's the argument for running it back.

I hate when people make that argument. Because I’m guessing Boston can make the same argument that if Marcus Smart would’ve gotten his shot off 0.1 seconds earlier in game 4 then Celtics are up 3 to 1 going home for game 5 and that series likely ends in 5.

2 hours ago, Gannan said:

Giannis doesn't hurt his back either and Heat don't get here. 

And you can't guarantee they beat the Heat 

37 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

I like Chris Paul as a player, but he has also had his fair share of playoff collapses. If we lose James Harden in free agency and replace him with Paul, I'm not sure if the playoff results would be much better. This article sums it up quite nicely.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/chris-paul-blows-fifth-2-0-series-lead-of-career-an-nba-record-and-the-legacy-birds-are-going-to-be-singing/

43 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

50 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

A year too late, dopes

The flyers of the nba

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Too mich risk of wasting the rest of embiids prime

On 6/5/2023 at 7:54 PM, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Also a year too late…

but thank god