**Official 76ers 2023-2024 Season Thread**

mr_hunt

3 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

https://www.rightstorickysanchez.com/the-good-oconnor-mike/052423

And for 10 years, all we’ve had are losers – or at least non-winners. Nerlens Noel. Jahlil Okafor. Ben Simmons. Markelle Fultz. James Harden. Tobias Harris. Joel Embiid. Be it play style, off court habits, or simply their mental makeup, this team has brought in loser after loser, and so, it’s no surprise that they have a rotten culture. 

What’s worse, the team has repeatedly bent over backwards to appease these losers. Ben Simmons wants his brother to be his shooting coach? Sure thing! He doesn’t like Jimmy Butler? No problem, he’s gone! Tobias Harris isn’t sure about re-signing? Let’s do a backdoor favor to sign his brother to the G-League team. Doc Rivers tries to hold James Harden accountable and doesn’t hand him the keys to the offense? OK, he’s out.

This pattern needs to stop; the Sixers need to stop bringing these types of players in, or if they do, they need to establish the organizational infrastructure to keep them in check. 

If that means taking a step back from contender status and letting Harden walk, so be it. I’m fine with the Sixers no longer being a pseudo-contender; I just want to watch a team that won’t quit when it matters most as everyone points the finger at someone else.

really good article, btw.

• Like 4

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HazletonEagle

• DaEagles4Life

• e-a-g-l-e-s eagles!

• Khani1

Just now, Khani1 said:

How true and depressing. 

yeah...i don't think i disagreed with a single thing in the article. dude nailed the entire situation on glenn, harden, & jo.  :meh:  

18 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

And for 10 years, all we’ve had are losers – or at least non-winners. Nerlens Noel. Jahlil Okafor. Ben Simmons. Markelle Fultz. James Harden. Tobias Harris. Joel Embiid. Be it play style, off court habits, or simply their mental makeup, this team has brought in loser after loser, and so, it’s no surprise that they have a rotten culture. 

What’s worse, the team has repeatedly bent over backwards to appease these losers. Ben Simmons wants his brother to be his shooting coach? Sure thing! He doesn’t like Jimmy Butler? No problem, he’s gone! Tobias Harris isn’t sure about re-signing? Let’s do a backdoor favor to sign his brother to the G-League team. Doc Rivers tries to hold James Harden accountable and doesn’t hand him the keys to the offense? OK, he’s out.

This pattern needs to stop; the Sixers need to stop bringing these types of players in, or if they do, they need to establish the organizational infrastructure to keep them in check. 

If that means taking a step back from contender status and letting Harden walk, so be it. I’m fine with the Sixers no longer being a pseudo-contender; I just want to watch a team that won’t quit when it matters most as everyone points the finger at someone else.

The only issue with this is that,  Jimmy Butler cited one of the reasons he left as someone asking Brett if he can control Jimmy, or something like that. 

So the one time they did try to have structure for a known malcontent superstar he got mad and left right away. 

the team was a f'n circus under brett...there was no structure & certainly no winning culture. 

26 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

the team was a f'n circus under brett...there was no structure & certainly no winning culture. 

And never will have one as long as Embiid is around. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

And never will have one as long as Embiid is around. 

you read the embiid portion of that article with your pants down, didn't you? 

:lol:  

• Haha 2

Rockets entertaining offers for 4th overall pick. So Id love to offer this trade, including their 4th overall, and another pick or 2.

They still have money to sign Harden. 

Actually gets us under the cap. And creates a TPE of about 30 million dollars that we can use as well.

Pick 4 gets you a Thompson brother. 6ers are now stacked with young athleticism on the wing. 

image.thumb.png.de4912e6b9cb8714ca972f0baa116952.png

image.png

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mr_hunt said:

I actually listen to the podcast word spike kind of went into this. It makes sense if harden walks away. But it’s important that the sixers when they try to deal Tobias Harris dont get contracts back  that are going to wind up being on the books for longer than a year. Because if you’re taking the step back in 2023–2024 the goal is to clear enough cap space for the 2024 off-season when Jaylen Brown, potentially Kawhi Leonard opts out, and potentially anthony Davis opt out (really not a fit) and some other players opt out. If you’re gonna take a step back but trade Harris and get into contracts that are 2+ years by trading Tobias Harris then you’re not gonna be able to make as big of a splash in 2024 free agency.

So if the sixers go with this plan, they might be better off just keeping Tobias Harris for a year letting it expire and having enough cap space so you have a max money slot so that you can go after someone like a Brown assuming he makes the free agency.

However, this is super risky because you might get the free agency and there’s nobody there that fits or nobody there that’s at the level that you need to pair with Tyrese Maxey and Joel Embiid. Also, whoever you hire as head coach has to be OK with that first year not being as ideal as they like. Hence, if you went after Nick nurse, he could have a better chance at winning right away going to the bucks or the suns if they choose this path. So he might not want to be here if that’s the case. You also have to have embiid signed off on this otherwise can deal with a disgruntled star and the plan crumbles  

8 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Rockets entertaining offers for 4th overall pick. So Id love to offer this trade, including their 4th overall, and another pick or 2.

They still have money to sign Harden. 

Actually gets us under the cap. And creates a TPE of about 30 million dollars that we can use as well.

Pick 4 gets you a Thompson brother. 6ers are now stacked with young athleticism on the wing. 

image.thumb.png.de4912e6b9cb8714ca972f0baa116952.png

image.png

I wouldn't want anything to do with Jalen Green to be honest. Seems like a good kid but he has played AAU basketball the last two years in the NBA. We seen with Trae that it is so hard to come out of that and play winning basketball 

13 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

why we always tryin to be the rockets? :roll: :roll:  

i didnt even think about that. lol.

just saw theyre shopping the 4th pick

Always the best rumors from fosh.  If someone is desperate enough for attention to make up nonsense, they need to make it as bat sheet crazy as fosh.

They Just need a Good coach...one that will utilize Youth. 

10 minutes ago, Right4thePicking said:

They Just need a Good coach...one that will utilize Youth. 

What youth? They've got Maxey and...? 

5 minutes ago, nipples said:

Yeah I don't watch much. I guess Jalen and Jaden. Man that is a lacking Team. Probably a Trade needed.

1 hour ago, nipples said:

Maybe the next coach forces harden to shave and that makes him younger lol

D’antoni catching up. Once +800 

IMG_7597.jpeg

29 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

IMG_9507.thumb.jpg.9be3141d3679d545052c75495922c681.jpg

Nuggets but it’s closer than people think cause jokic is that good. Problem is i don’t think those pieces are nearly good fits around jokic as he has with the nuggets. But he’s so good he’d make them contenders.

But Murray, Porter, ag and kcp makes that team better. If murray is gonna go 30-50-90 and play like the bubble then he’s a legit star. Harden is a shell of his former self. Maxey is the only player in the sixers starting lineup I’d take over the nuggets player. Rather MJP and AG over tobias and tucker. AG has actually been really good this year and has come a long ways from when we discussed him on here. MJP I’ve liked since that draft. Still irritated we had a shot to draft him or keep bridges and we have neither. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mr_hunt said:

IMG_9507.thumb.jpg.9be3141d3679d545052c75495922c681.jpg

Denver won one less game than Sixers last year carrying Aaron Gordon, Jeff Green, Will Barton, and Monte Morris for the season to the playoffs. 

Maxey and Harris would have career years with Jokic because they would actually be involved in the offense. Question is would Harden buy in and probably not. 

Do the Sixers also get Malone? 

I do find it funny the sideline reporter for the WCF didn't realize Jokic was this good, same as bozo Marc Jackson saying it during a game. I bet a lot of the casual never realized it