**Official 76ers 2023-2024 Season Thread**

mr_hunt

35 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I dont remember which came first but it was the same offseason. 

Yes- Glenn came 1st and wasn't Morey's choice.

27 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I dont remember which came first but it was the same offseason. 

Doc was first. they fired brown after they were eliminated in the bubble (want to say it was end of September/beginning of October when he was hired… after looking it up October 3rd). They got morey on October 28th closer to the draft that took place in the middle of November due to Covid 

All I know is, they MUST nail this next coaching decision. You don't go with a coach who has ZERO NBA head coaching experience at this stage. Sam is out. Did Frank Vogel get a fair shake in LA? Nope.  My choice of Mike Budenholzer isn't popular, but he has the highest winning pct of all of them. If they don't take Mike, I want Vogel. I think he could get things done in Philly. I'm not even going to talk about trades until they get the head coach, because HE is the one who is going to work with Morey to decide all that. Once we see who the next HC is, then let the speculation begin. 

14 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

All I know is, they MUST nail this next coaching decision. You don't go with a coach who has ZERO NBA head coaching experience at this stage. Sam is out. Did Frank Vogel get a fair shake in LA? Nope.  My choice of Mike Budenholzer isn't popular, but he has the highest winning pct of all of them. If they don't take Mike, I want Vogel. I think he could get things done in Philly. I'm not even going to talk about trades until they get the head coach, because HE is the one who is going to work with Morey to decide all that. Once we see who the next HC is, then let the speculation begin. 

Bud only has the highest win percentage cause of Giannis. He’s the only one that had that. It’s like doc having embiid. Even Vogel had Lebron but Lebron and AD were constantly hurt after the bubble. Doc had a .653 win percentage with the sixers and overall .590. Which out of all those guys would be just behind Budenholzer. So do you think the bucks are saying well doc had the best win percentage out of the other guys available at .590? No. Bud had the best player in the league and lost to an 8 seed and flamed out to lesser seeds besides 2021 which he was fortunate harden and kyrie got hurt and KD wore a shoe one size to big other he was getting canned in 2021. 

13 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

Lakers and Celtics are both in the conference finals and one or both make the NBA finals with rookie head coaches soooo yeah

It’s gonna be MDA. It’s such a typical sixers idiotic move cause they wanted to do it 3 years ago but settled on doc. This dumpster fire org just continues to do the dumbest thing possible 

• Angry 1

3 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Lakers and Celtics are both in the conference finals and one or both make the NBA finals with rookie head coaches soooo yeah

I’d go Cassell but i know they won’t. It’s gonna be MDA 

• Like 1

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

It’s gonna be MDA. It’s such a typical sixers idiotic move cause they wanted to do it 3 years ago but settled on doc. This dumpster fire org just continues to do the dumbest thing possible 

MDA is horrific especially paired with slow ass Embiid. They do that they will be scratching for a playoff spot

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

MDA is horrific especially paired with slow ass Embiid. They do that they will be scratching for a playoff spot

Typical sixers doing the dumbest thing possible 

• Like 2

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’d go Cassell but i know they won’t. It’s gonna be MDA 

I'd go Cassell also. He deserves a shot. I was skeptical of darvin Ham coming over from working for Bud but, Ham has been outstanding 

7 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Look at their players. Look at the chokers Embiid and Harden. ANY coach could win with the Lakers and Celtics players. So, yeeeeaaaah.

9 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Bud only has the highest win percentage cause of Giannis. He’s the only one that had that. It’s like doc having embiid. Even Vogel had Lebron but Lebron and AD were constantly hurt after the bubble. Doc had a .653 win percentage with the sixers and overall .590. Which out of all those guys would be just behind Budenholzer. So do you think the bucks are saying well doc had the best win percentage out of the other guys available at .590? No. Bud had the best player in the league and lost to an 8 seed and flamed out to lesser seeds besides 2021 which he was fortunate harden and kyrie got hurt and KD wore a shoe one size to big other he was getting canned in 2021. 

"Bud only has the highest win percentage cause of Giannis." You can say that about ANY coach with a great player, like LeBron, etc etc etc. 🤣

5 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

Look at their players. Look at the chokers Embiid and Harden. ANY coach could win with the Lakers and Celtics players. So, yeeeeaaaah.

Ham had to deal with the Westbrook debacle the Ad injuries and the lebron injuries and held the team together through a bunch of sheet. Not to mention having the worst record in the league at one point.

Also what do expect them to win with effen scrubs? Do you think a new coach is gonna fix hardens BS after how many years in the league? 

3 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

"Bud only has the highest win percentage cause of Giannis." You can say that about ANY coach with a great player, like LeBron, etc etc etc. 🤣

Doc had a .653 win percentage with the sixers and just slightly below Bud career wise at .590. I’m sure the bucks and everyone is lining up to interview him. Your narrative of win percentage is dumb. You dont think nick nurse win percentage looks significantly better if they kept Kawhi and he didn’t go to the clippers? Yeah it would. So again win percentage means crap when you constantly blew playoff series as the favorite except 2021 where you were fortunate harden and kyrie got hurt and KD’s foot was on the line otherwise he’s getting canned then. 

bud with atlanta had a .520 win percentage. Bud with Giannis and bucks .693. Whoever the bucks hire I’d bet with Giannis they are just as good as they were with bud 

Playoffs are where coaches actually matter. The regular season you could lead this Sixers team to 50 wins. Playoffs require game to game adjustments, Doc and ESPECIALLY Bud suck at it. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Yup.  I’m not even considering others because this is so obvious 

• Like 1

So to all the "intellects on TATE, I'm not the only one who ranks Bud #1. I understand a LOT of you here are just a li'l slow. 🤣

https://www.libertyballers.com/2023/5/16/23725559/doc-rivers-fired-sixers-head-coach-mike-budenholzer-monty-williams-nick-nurse-mike-dantoni

Liberty ballers a blog lol. Yes early is a blogger. But right Giannis didn’t massively help bud. Bud in atlanta without top player in the league at .520 win percentage. Meanwhile with Giannis .693. Yeah that just isn’t cause of Giannis. Clearly bud just that good. Why the bucks the best team in the league fired him after getting schooled by spolestra down Herro. lol 

guys bud is better than Eric spolestra cause bud has a higher overall win percentage than spolestra. Heck Doc is also better than spolestra as he had a higher win percentage overall than spolestra. 

if the only reason why you’re going to hire bud is because of his win percentage that is a ridiculously bad argument. Considering the fact that doc had a .653 with the Sixers and if you put him on the bucks I’m guessing he’s pretty close to bud in terms of win percentage with Giannis. I’m guessing Nick nurse probably look a hell of a lot better right now if he also got Giannis for five years instead of kawhi for 1. 

15 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

So to all the "intellects" on TATE, all the master forum guru guys... I'm not the only one who ranks Bud #1. I understand a LOT of you here are just a li'l slow. 🤣

https://www.libertyballers.com/2023/5/16/23725559/doc-rivers-fired-sixers-head-coach-mike-budenholzer-monty-williams-nick-nurse-mike-dantoni

2.1 secs left on the clock. Tell me where 7 foot Brook Lopez who was a Top 3 defensive MVP candidate all year was, on the bench. Butler ties it and have 0.5secs left with a timeout left. Do they use it nope, why bother Bud why bother. 

Dude doesn't adjust period, like worse than Doc. You ain't winning a ring with a guy that only got one with Giannis. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

2.1 secs left on the clock. Tell me where 7 foot Brook Lopez who was a Top 3 defensive MVP candidate all year was, on the bench. Butler ties it and have 0.5secs left with a timeout left. Do they use it nope, why bother Bud why bother. 

Dude doesn't adjust period, like worse than Doc. You ain't winning a ring with a guy that only got one with Giannis. 

The guy INVENTED adjustments the rest of the league still use. Some seriously stupid people on this forum. I ain't one of them.  🤣

16 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Liberty ballers a blog lol. Yes early is a blogger. But right Giannis didn’t massively help bud. Bud in atlanta without top player in the league at .520 win percentage. Meanwhile with Giannis .693. Yeah that just isn’t cause of Giannis. Clearly bud just that good. Why the bucks the best team in the league fired him after getting schooled by spolestra down Herro. lol 

guys bud is better than Eric spolestra cause bud has a higher overall win percentage than spolestra. Heck Doc is also better than spolestra as he had a higher win percentage overall than spolestra. 

if the only reason why you’re going to hire bud is because of his win percentage that is a ridiculously bad argument. Considering the fact that doc had a .653 with the Sixers and if you put him on the bucks I’m guessing he’s pretty close to bud in terms of win percentage with Giannis. I’m guessing Nick nurse probably look a hell of a lot better right now if he also got Giannis for five years instead of kawhi for 1. 

He is the best guy for the job. I mean- I am seeing people wanting Cassell. Just a LOT of stupid nonsense on here.🤣

13 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

They were going to fire him in 2021 if they lost to the Nets. He is so fortunate that Kyrie Irving and James Harden both got hurt in that series in the Kevin Durant foot was on the line. Otherwise he was getting fired at that moment.

His argument about wind percentage is Fing stupid. Doc Rivers had a .653 win percentage with the Sixers. That is one of the best all-time with the 76ers organization. you think other teams are lining up to go get doc because it win percentage is higher than everybody else out there right now besides bud? Hell no.

Nick nurse if he was coaching the bucks during that time probably as just a good win percentage. If  Rivers who coached an inferior Sixers team over the last three years was given the roster for the bucks over that same three-year period of time I’m guessing he probably has a record close to bud. 

23 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Playoffs are where coaches actually matter. The regular season you could lead this Sixers team to 50 wins. Playoffs require game to game adjustments, Doc and ESPECIALLY Bud suck at it. 

Bud INVENTED adjustments coaches still use today. I think there is a forum Kool Aide a LOT of you drink. Like a herd mentality. 🤣

giphy.gif

7 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

He is the best guy for the job. I mean- I am seeing people wanting Cassell. Just a LOT of stupid nonsense on here.🤣

Your argument for he’s Best guy for the job is on win percentage. If you gave any one of those coaches on that list giannis their win percentage would be high. Eric spolestra has a lower win percentage so bud is a better coach? That’s pretty Fing dumb argument. Spolestra twice has schooled bud when bud has had the best player in the world. Your argument about why bud is the best is Fing stupid 

11 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

This.  Bud sucks