**Official 76ers 2023-2024 Season Thread**

mr_hunt

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Not talked about enough is when Tatum was destroying the sixers in game 7 (even 4th quarter of game 6 when tobias was cooked by that point and wasn’t scoring anyway) why not try to use mcdaniels and hope he gives you a house type of energy. Likely doesn’t work but at that point had nothing to lose with how it was going. 

surely part of why doc is gone. how many guys has morey brought in that doc doesnt play?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

surely part of why doc is gone. how many guys has morey brought in that doc doesnt play?

Would have to go through the rosters over the 3 years. Likely good amount. Heck he didn’t play Isaiah Joe who would be great off the bench right now. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Would have to go through the rosters over the 3 years. Likely good amount. Heck he didn’t play Isaiah Joe who would be great off the bench right now. 

was it basset that they paid millions of dollars to buy a pick to go get? didnt get to play.

or was it petrusev who is stuck overseas.

I think it was Bassey.

Anyway, Doc prevented a bunch of trades, and the ones that Morey managed to sneak through, Doc made sure they were ineffective.

If Morey is the Wizard we thought he was and Doc held him back, I believe he can have a nice offseason here with that list I posted above. Regardless of what happens with Harden and Harris. Either way, there will be moves to be made and solid players to be had. We will see.

5 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

was it basset that they paid millions of dollars to buy a pick to go get? didnt get to play.

or was it petrusev who is stuck overseas.

I think it was Bassey.

Anyway, Doc prevented a bunch of trades, and the ones that Morey managed to sneak through, Doc made sure they were ineffective.

I believe it was bassey. 

Lombardi goes after Embiid and Morey and really hard to argue his points. Starts at the hour mark 

need a f'n time machine to advance forward to june 30...the start of free agency.  draft is june 22, btw...an important date for teams that actually have 1st round picks. 

48 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

She owes the Unions - they won her the election. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

need a f'n time machine to advance forward to june 30...the start of free agency.  draft is june 22, btw...tan important date for teams that actually have 1st round picks. 

Or any picks at all...

25 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

need a f'n time machine to advance forward to june 30...the start of free agency.  draft is june 22, btw...tan important date for teams that actually have 1st round picks. 

I have never witnessed a draft in which my team has 0 picks through the entire thing.

But I will still watch because you never know if Morey makes a trade on draft night.

4 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I have never witnessed a draft in which my team has 0 picks through the entire thing.

But I will still watch because you never know if Morey makes a trade on draft night.

Gonna be a bigger kick in the balls when Embiid asks for a trade in July/August and the draft has already passed. 2024 draft class is not great compared to this one. 

• Sad 1

oh sheet.  :roll:   nbadraft.net is showing philly with pick 58 on their mock so i thought we at least had that one. wow. :lol:  

Just now, mr_hunt said:

oh sheet.  :roll:   nbadraft.net is showing philly with pick 58 on their mock so i thought we at least had that one. wow. :lol:  

dont forget, we would have but Morey tampered  to get House and PJ Tucker so we lost it.

• Haha 1

oh yeah. :lol: josh harris gotta be pizzed about not getting the $$ he always sells 2nd round picks for. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Gonna be a bigger kick in the balls when Embiid asks for a trade in July/August and the draft has already passed. 2024 draft class is not great compared to this one. 

Based on what? That's an impossible claim to make months before the college season even starts.

21 minutes ago, nipples said:

Based on what? That's an impossible claim to make months before the college season even starts.

How is it impossible? It was a weak high school year for those kids so in turn in 2024 it will be a weak year for the draft. 

Scoot and Wemby aren't a surprise to anyone, heck I knew about these kids for 2 plus years now. 

Cooper Flagg right now a 2026 kid but is talk of reclassifying up a grade so will be in thr 2025 draft and best prospect in the world once Wemby gets drafted. 

Cameron Boozer 2026 draft 

Same thing as saying Caleb Williams and Drake Maye are better NFL prospects than anyone this year and why it was dumb for the Texans to give away a 1st next year for nothing. Not to mention Marvin Harrison Jr is the best WR prospect in years. 

Apparently the Lakers can only offer Reaves up to 4/50M

Stealing him away would be a fantastic start to free agency for us whether we have about 16M  from Harden walking and renouncing our free agents,  our if we use a portion of our max space from Harden and Harris being gone. 

15 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Apparently the Lakers can only offer Reaves up to 4/50M

Stealing him away would be a fantastic start to free agency for us whether we have about 16M  from Harden walking and renouncing our free agents,  our if we use a portion of our max space from Harden and Harris being gone. 

He is a restricted free agent and I'm not sure if the Lakers are willing to make the same mistake they made with Caruso and let him walk over the luxury tax

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

He is a restricted free agent and I'm not sure if the Lakers are willing to make the same mistake they made with Caruso and let him walk over the luxury tax

I wonder why there is a limit on what they can pay.  Are they hard capped this year?

23 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I wonder why there is a limit on what they can pay.  Are they hard capped this year?

I'm not going to pretend I know anything about the cap. I just know they said they have a Caruso type situation again. 

41 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

He was an undrafted draft pick and only given a 2 year deal so something to do with his Bird Rights

Believe they can match any offer though 

18 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

He was an undrafted draft pick and only given a 2 year deal so something to do with his Bird Rights

Believe they can match any offer though 

There was some scenario a few years ago with a free agent I wanted and it was similar.  The team was not going to be able to match above a certain amount. 

It actually may have been Danuel House.

There are a lot of articles written about the House contract situation from about 3 years ago.

The rockets were not going to have his full bid rights to match any offer. 

https://rocketswire.usatoday.com/2019/01/20/houston-rockets-danuel-house-contract-explained/

It sorta sounds to me like LA may not be able to match any offer over that 3/40 amount as well.