Nicholas Morrow

EagleVA

There were a lot of great additions to the roster thus far and I think Nicholas Morrow should be considered one of them.

I can't recall any Eagles LB that's impressed my as much as Morrow, dude can do it all, sideline to sideline run stopper, excellent pass coverage, excellent blitzer, and a hitter, I think he solidified the defense.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 3

I'll have to wait and see how he performs in our defense. I really expect him to perform pretty similar to they way White did last season. If so, it will be money well spent. But there should be some fun battles in TC / preseason for that starting spot. Elliss supposedly has been impressive to date and had some work with the first team. Bradley sounds like he's really confident and Taylor has great athleticism if he can put it all together. 

5 hours ago, brkmsn said:

II really expect him to perform pretty similar to they way White did last season. 

I hope not, White was pretty much invisible as far as I'm concerned. 

• Like 1

I know its just the OTAs but seems like Ellis has flashed more than either Dean or Morrow.

Im getting a bit worried about Dean. Maybe he will end up as a great leader on defense but not a great playmaker on his own?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

36 minutes ago, opa-opa said:

I know its just the OTAs but seems like Ellis has flashed more than either Dean or Morrow.

Im getting a bit worried about Dean. Maybe he will end up as a great leader on defense but not a great playmaker on his own?

You’re worried about Dean based on what? Lack of tweets about him in OTAs?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I've looked at I don't know how many 2023 Free Agent ranking lists, all of them are packed with linebackers, all of them include the two linebackers we lost in free agency this year and Singleton in their top 100, not a one of them includes Morrow. PFF has him at 199.

Linebacker is the one spot that I think we took a hit on this year, Edwards was a ton better than he was given credit for, Dean better hit the ground running.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

I'm not sure that anything can be taken out of OTA's. Let's talk in August. 

• Like 1

Just to put things in perspective, Morrow is better in every part of the game than Nate Gerry and it's not even close. In our current defense, Morrow will be asked to take over for the departed White. There should not be a noticeable drop off at the position. He and White are very similar and both players arrived here with ample starting experience. 

There will still be competition for the starting spot. If any of the less experienced guys actually beat out Morrow, then they will be exciting prospects themselves. 

17 hours ago, EagleVA said:

There were a lot of great additions to the roster thus far and I think Nicholas Morrow should be considered one of them.

I can't recall any Eagles LB that's impressed my as much as Morrow, dude can do it all, sideline to sideline run stopper, excellent pass coverage, excellent blitzer, and a hitter, I think he solidified the defense.

I hope you're right, but the people that actually do this for a living don't seem to think he's that great as evidenced by his 1 year $1.1 million contract.  

• Like 2

I asked Google Bard to write a post why Nicholas Morrow will be a pro bowler, and here's what it said:

Nicholas Morrow is a young, talented linebacker who has the potential to be a Pro Bowler in 2023. He is coming off a season in which he recorded 105 tackles, 3.5 sacks, and an interception. He is also a very good coverage linebacker, and he has the ability to make plays all over the field. If he can stay healthy and continue to improve, he should be a Pro Bowler in 2023.

Here are some of the reasons why Morrow should be a Pro Bowler in 2023:

• He is a very good all-around linebacker. He is good against the run, he can rush the passer, and he is also a good coverage linebacker.
  • He is still young and has room to improve. He is only 25 years old, and he has only been in the NFL for three seasons.
  • He is playing for a good team. The Philadelphia Eagles are a playoff contender, and they should be giving Morrow plenty of opportunities to make plays.

If Morrow can stay healthy and continue to improve, he should be a Pro Bowler in 2023. He has all the tools to be a great linebacker, and he is playing for a team that is going to give him the opportunity to succeed.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

I asked Google Bard to write a post why Nicholas Morrow will be a pro bowler, and here's what it said:

I think it's great that it sounds so credible while getting literally every stat in it and his age wrong.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

I think it's great that it sounds so credible while getting literally every stat in it and his age wrong.

Yeah, it made good points.  Unfortunately, every last one was wrong.  

Looks like LB will be the weak link in this team again, as always....

9 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

Is OP serious????

"Pro Football Focus graded Morrow at 54.0 last season, among the lowest grades for starting linebackers. Out of 60 linebackers who played at least 500 snaps, Edwards ranked sixth with an 81.6 grade and Morrow ranked 52nd."

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, LacesOut said:

Is OP serious????

Considering he’s the same guy who thinks DeVonta Smith is no better than Greg Ward, I’d say yes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, RunItBAck said:

"Pro Football Focus graded Morrow at 54.0 last season, among the lowest grades for starting linebackers. Out of 60 linebackers who played at least 500 snaps, Edwards ranked sixth with an 81.6 grade and Morrow ranked 52nd."

That might be a contributing factor to why Edwards is being paid almost 7 times more money. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

The Philadelphia Eagles are a playoff contender? Come on Bard.. 

:LII:

On 6/8/2023 at 2:57 PM, EagleVA said:

Agreed.  He is the missing piece.  That's why they spent a million on him.

• Haha 2

His play seems flat to me. i think he may have hit the wall.

• Like 1

On 6/8/2023 at 2:57 PM, EagleVA said:

Since he has signed with the Eagles, the Eagles D hasn't allowed a single TD, FG, or even a single yard has been gained against them.  So... yes...

its-a-technicality-but-it-checks-out.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Heres a really dumb question. Does Reddick play LB on this team?

I know he is listed as a LB but he is never mentioned as one of our LBs.

The potential is there. But aside from Reddick, all our LBs are a question mark this season.

• Like 1