Nicholas Morrow

EagleVA

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I’m a little surprised by this just because we are all scarily thin at LB. Appreciate that Morrow wasn’t great but you still need bodies.

Cunningham was noticeable out there. Morrow really wasn't. 3 off ball LBs seems very thin. Obviously, we could add a LB somehow, but maybe they just really want to work N. Smith in there while we are so loaded on the line. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I’m a little surprised by this just because we are all scarily thin at LB. Appreciate that Morrow wasn’t great but you still need bodies.

Howie went cheap here. I think he was hoping for payoff like White was. Maybe Cunningham could be that guy. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I like it when a player I doubt proves me wrong and right now Morrow is having himself a really nice start to this season. He went from cut, practice squad, to now being an impactful starter. He’s timing his blitzes with perfection and getting home. The safety last week to three tackles for losses and three sacks this week. Dude is balling right now. Cunningham is also playing great right now too. 

• Like 2

I wouldn't mind Howie looking at the LB or secondary market for some re-inforcements.  I agree it could be a heck of lot worse that what we have but it could also be alot better.  

I wonder what they will do with him when Dean gets healthy. Morrow has been playing great the past couple of weeks but I don't think they ever had him play OLB before.

Morrow has played very well. Wonder what they do when Dean comes back. Morrow definitely deserves to keep starting 

17 minutes ago, Godfather said:

Morrow has played very well. Wonder what they do when Dean comes back. Morrow definitely deserves to keep starting 

Hard to bench Cunningham or Morrow right now. The issues with this defense right now aren’t with the linebackers. 

• Like 6

I’ve not read this whole thread, but Morrow is clearly a reincarnated Brian Urlacher. And I’m not even sure if Urlacher is dead yet. 

• Haha 1

On 10/3/2023 at 12:11 AM, brkmsn said:

We're obviously as good at scheming LB's as the Bears are bad.

22 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

I’ve not read this whole thread, but Morrow is clearly a reincarnated Brian UrlacherZZzzZz. And I’m not even sure if UrlacherzzZzzZZ is dead yet. 

Fixed

• Like 3

3 hours ago, opa-opa said:

Wow, so does now mean this team has no weaknesses?

I hear our backup RDE is a risk to commit a game-losing penalty, our TE4 does not yet know the offense real well, and our RB4 is cooked. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/4/2023 at 7:15 PM, brkmsn said:

I hear our backup RDE is a risk to commit a game-losing penalty, our TE4 does not yet know the offense real well, and our RB4 is cooked. 

Don’t forget about that 3rd wide receiver who is scared of contact, and the backup quarterback who allegedly quit on his team last year. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/2/2023 at 4:48 PM, EazyEaglez said:

Hard to bench Cunningham or Morrow right now. The issues with this defense right now aren’t with the linebackers. 

What is the issue? Issues? Lack of healthy DBs? Scheme? Missing production from Slot Corner so they have to insert their best DB into the position? Hmm. 

3 hours ago, Traveler Vic said:

What is the issue? Issues? Lack of healthy DBs? Scheme? Missing production from Slot Corner so they have to insert their best DB into the position? Hmm. 

I don't think there is necessarily a glaring issue. Injuries have added some challenge so far, but it's also giving some of the depth experience. Our defense has played well overall through the first 5 games even with all that has gone on and an offense that hasn't really played their best football yet. 

On 10/3/2023 at 4:57 PM, ManchesterEagle said:

I’ve not read this whole thread, but Morrow is clearly a reincarnated Brian Urlacher. And I’m not even sure if Urlacher is dead yet. 

I think I saw Morrow at the Philadelphia airport.

• Haha 2

I think the return of Dean was to mixed results. I don’t recall him doing anything to terrible, but I don’t think he stood out much. He didn’t really get home on any of the times he blitzed. Overall the defense wasn’t too bad though. I guess we need to see him out there more often to find out how good he really is.

On 10/14/2023 at 1:39 PM, brkmsn said:

I don't think there is necessarily a glaring issue. Injuries have added some challenge so far, but it's also giving some of the depth experience. Our defense has played well overall through the first 5 games even with all that has gone on and an offense that hasn't really played their best football yet. 

I think the Eagles are now number 1 against the rush. 25th against the pass though 😞 The injury bug has really killed the pass defense IMO.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, judunno said:

I think the Eagles are now number 1 against the rush. 25th against the pass though 😞 The injury bug has really killed the pass defense IMO.

You'll always be at best middling against the pass when you're constantly giving receivers a 10 yard cushion on 3rd and 8, that will become low ranked against the pass when the guy giving the cushion is Josh Jobe or Mario Goodrich and the receivers are decent NFL level. Our corner depth is terrible, Jobe and Goodrich are sub PS level garbage,  Kelee Ringo must be an absolutely god awful corner to not be getting a shot ahead of these bums.

On 10/17/2023 at 2:34 AM, Cochis_Calhoun said:

You'll always be at best middling against the pass when you're constantly giving receivers a 10 yard cushion on 3rd and 8, that will become low ranked against the pass when the guy giving the cushion is Josh Jobe or Mario Goodrich and the receivers are decent NFL level. Our corner depth is terrible, Jobe and Goodrich are sub PS level garbage,  Kelee Ringo must be an absolutely god awful corner to not be getting a shot ahead of these bums.

Ringo Sucks. I was hoping Eagles would cut him in the training camp. Unfortunately they picked him high and...are still hoping that he will make it. I will not be holding my breath on Ringo transitioning to NFL. Looking forward to the next years draft replenishment for the DB position.

6 minutes ago, Traveler Vic said:

Ringo Sucks. I was hoping Eagles would cut him in the training camp. Unfortunately they picked him high and...are still hoping that he will make it. I will not be holding my breath on Ringo transitioning to NFL. Looking forward to the next years draft replenishment for the DB position.

They are focusing on his youth.  He's only just turned 21 years old.   He's younger than "I need to find a new cliche McKinstry", who is the top prospect this year at CB coming into the draft.

Basically, he's going to be the same age as the guys that will be drafted this year.  And he'll have a year of NFL coaching under his belt entering next year, versus the guys like McKinstry or Kalen King, who will have an extra year of college coaching.

I'm not seeing it with him right now... but I'm willing to be patient with him for now.

2 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

They are focusing on his youth.  He's only just turned 21 years old.   He's younger than "I need to find a new cliche McKinstry", who is the top prospect this year at CB coming into the draft.

Basically, he's going to be the same age as the guys that will be drafted this year.  And he'll have a year of NFL coaching under his belt entering next year, versus the guys like McKinstry or Kalen King, who will have an extra year of college coaching.

I'm not seeing it with him right now... but I'm willing to be patient with him for now.

In the words of Mel Brooks from History of the World Part I…..”It will take a miracle " Lol

• Haha 1

Just now, Traveler Vic said:

In the words of Mel Brooks from History of the World Part I…..”It will take a miracle " Lol

Well... he's here now, so we might as well hope for the best.