Nicholas Morrow

EagleVA

I don't think some people really understand why rookie contracts are structured like they are. Most players need to be developed. With a guy like Ringo, he was drafted because of his physical traits. If he responds to NFL coaching and puts it all together, he could be a special player in time. Personally, I think he left college a year too early. Fans always want instant impact and tend to give up on some players way too early. I'm pretty sure the Eagles' expectations are more long term as they currently have starters locked up on the outside. They need Ringo to be ready likely in his 3rd season. Right now he just needs to help on special teams however he can.

27 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Well... he's here now, so we might as well hope for the best.

I remember saying that about JJAW. Unfortunately some players don't pan out. I still think it takes about 3 years to know for sure. Some guys take even longer. We've seen a couple guys like Rasul Douglas and K'Von Wallace take even longer and have some success after the Eagles gave up on them. How many years was Brandon Graham a "bust?" People were even worried about Jordan Davis this offseason because his rookie year wasn't dominating. 

Just now, brkmsn said:

I remember saying that about JJAW. Unfortunately some players don't pan out. I still think it takes about 3 years to know for sure. Some guys take even longer. We've seen a couple guys like Rasul Douglas and K'Von Wallace take even longer and have some success after the Eagles gave up on them. How many years was Brandon Graham a "bust?" People were even worried about Jordan Davis this offseason because his rookie year was dominating. 

A little early to declare on Ringo.   But, he'll need to show something eventually.

• 1 month later...

His worst game of the season for sure. He's played better than expected for most of the season. I know it's not popular to go against the negadelphian mob, but we sure missed Dean yesterday. Morrow has more experience and has been better for most of this year in coverage, but Dean has still been the best tackler and has better speed. You can't really expect a LB to "cover" Samuel, but there were opportunities to limit the YAC very early and Morrow just isn't as consistent a tackler as Dean and had his worst game at a bad time. 

• Like 2

On 10/23/2023 at 4:47 PM, DBW said:

Anyone else watch last night and say to themselves, "why is Keith Byars on defense right now?” 😂 

Byars hit harder.

So, looking at that, this is about coaching. Why TF would you have a linebacker in coverage against those receivers? No wonder they killed us while making Purdy look like Joe Montana. That´s just terrible planning

• Like 1

Morrow was god awful Yesterday, but the worst 'tackle' was Roby on a Purdy run, the commentators tried to excuse it by saying he expected Purdy to slide, but he had a chance to absolutely level him and instead didn't hit him hard or wrap him up, Purdy ended up getting more extra yards than the penalty would have been for hitting a QB that's given himself up.

I know for damn sure if the 49ers had Hurts in that position, they would have knocked 7 bells out of him.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

This post gets my vote for the worst post of the year. 

One more game and we’ll never see Morrow play in the NFL again. 

• Like 1

Another guy who can go at the end of the season.

• Like 1