Black Monday: Who's on the Hot Seat in 2023? Who gets fired

VaBeach_Eagle

On 10/2/2023 at 12:14 AM, LacesOut said:

Patriots Coach?? How good is he without Brady.

I think the debate is long over! Was it Brady or Belichick. Now we absolutely know.

19 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think the debate is long over! Was it Brady or Belichick. Now we absolutely know.

Doesn't matter. Bill will always get the praise for all those Championships and dominating a crappy AFC East for 20 years lol.

• Like 1

On 10/9/2023 at 5:33 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Dude c'mon, stop with the revisionist history.  Brady wasn't even considered top 5 by most people til he had like 3 SB's under his belt.  At least half of the SB's won were more Bellichick than Brady, including the win over Mcnabb/Reid.  You are forgetting the huge multitude of big games the pats won during that ended 20-17.

i have a memory, the first half of the dynasty was definitely more Bellichick than Brady.  Then they had a hiatus of 10 years with no rings before emerging for the 2nd half of the run that was more Brady centric.  Brady was NOT an elite Qb until his 5th or 6th year.  The dude just kept getting better and better.

Even the post divorce success isn't really what it seems, Brady won the SB on the back of a red hot Bucs defense.  The game has clearly caught up to Bill.  The amorphous defenses, the trick plays, the rules bending, there are younger coaches who do all of that better than him now and as a GM he's one of the worst in the league.  But none of that gives anybody the right to revise what happened in the first half of the Pats dynasty.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 10/12/2023 at 5:16 PM, dawkins4prez said:

Dude c'mon, stop with the revisionist history.  Brady wasn't even considered top 5 by most people til he had like 3 SB's under his belt.  At least half of the SB's won were more Bellichick than Brady, including the win over Mcnabb/Reid.  You are forgetting the huge multitude of big games the pats won during that ended 20-17.

i have a memory, the first half of the dynasty was definitely more Bellichick than Brady.  Then they had a hiatus of 10 years with no rings before emerging for the 2nd half of the run that was more Brady centric.  Brady was NOT an elite Qb until his 5th or 6th year.  The dude just kept getting better and better.

Even the post divorce success isn't really what it seems, Brady won the SB on the back of a red hot Bucs defense.  The game has clearly caught up to Bill.  The amorphous defenses, the trick plays, the rules bending, there are younger coaches who do all of that better than him now and as a GM he's one of the worst in the league.  But none of that gives anybody the right to revise what happened in the first half of the Pats dynasty.

Sure, it's just a coincidence that Brady won a super bowl after leaving New England, while Belichick has a career losing record with QBs not named Brady.

20 hours ago, nipples said:

Sure, it's just a coincidence that Brady won a super bowl after leaving New England, while Belichick has a career losing record with QBs not named Brady.

If you go by post divorce success, George Harrison was the best Beatle songwriter.  It's just not a fair way to write the whole story.

9 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

If you go by post divorce success, George Harrison was the best Beatle songwriter.  It's just not a fair way to write the whole story.

Yoko was their best singer. 

• Like 1

I think Robert Kraft will hand over the reins completely to his son, so that he can pull a Jerruh and fire the franchise legend coach his first day in the job and take the shitstorm from ex players and pundits that comes with it.

I think Bellichicks biggest problem is he's a godawful GM, with a staff full of yes men who couldn't scout an offensive skill position player to save their lives.  Their record of drafting receivers is criminal, absolutely awful, the last decent one they drafted was Edelman and even he basically built his career on standing where Wes Welker used to be.

On 10/19/2023 at 6:35 AM, Cochis_Calhoun said:

I think Robert Kraft will hand over the reins completely to his son, so that he can pull a Jerruh and fire the franchise legend coach his first day in the job and take the shitstorm from ex players and pundits that comes with it.

I think Bellichicks biggest problem is he's a godawful GM, with a staff full of yes men who couldn't scout an offensive skill position player to save their lives.  Their record of drafting receivers is criminal, absolutely awful, the last decent one they drafted was Edelman and even he basically built his career on standing where Wes Welker used to be.

How many NFL head coaches who assumed personnel duties were good at it? I can't think of many (any?)

1 hour ago, eglz1 said:

How many NFL head coaches who assumed personnel duties were good at it? I can't think of many (any?)

Vermeil and Parcells were both officially GM's at one stage and were good,  Jimmy Johnson was de facto GM in Dallas. Beyond that Shanahan was exposed as soon as Elway retired, Reid was OK in Philly, but couldn't quite bring it home and Kansas has shown how much better he is when he just concentrates on one thing, I'm struggling to think of guys beyond that.

11 hours ago, LacesOut said:

I could see the Raiders canning dough boy McDaniels.

They should, but they won't.

They shouldn't have hired him in the first place and kept Bisaccia. 

• Like 1

On 8/14/2023 at 5:57 PM, LacesOut said:

Rivera, for sure.

Putting this one back in play.

I just realized that he has 3 (3!!) winning seasons in about 13 years as a HC in the NFL. How in the heck does he keep a job??!!

AND, his possible replacement is their OC. Easy enough transition.

15 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

Putting this one back in play.

I just realized that he has 3 (3!!) winning seasons in about 13 years as a HC in the NFL. How in the heck does he keep a job??!!

AND, his possible replacement is their OC. Easy enough transition.

I've been saying it for years Rivera is the new Jeff Fisher 

On 10/16/2023 at 10:41 AM, dawkins4prez said:

Bad comparison. The Beatles sucked to begin with.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

Patriots HC......

I thought I saw somewhere that he was given a contract extension?

On 10/27/2023 at 4:47 PM, LacesOut said:

He read the Marvin Lewis book on the keys to keeping your job without winning a whole lot. 

I don't think Rivera makes it through the season... Bienemy is right there! I think the Commanders want Bieniemy to tryout for the position as interim coach.

• Like 1

I think Rivera is gone regardless of what the commies do for the rest of the season.

I think Brandon Staley needs to not only get the chargers in the playoffs, but win a game or tow or he's gone.

Todd Bowles also.

I think McCarthy has to win a super bowl, which isn't going to happen or he gets the hook.

Eberflus may get it from the bears if they continue to simply stink.....but you could see the bears screwing up 2 top ten picks to mess up the next coach.

Love to see McVay get fired....i think he's the most overrated coach in the NFL......

I think Frank Reich is a better coordinator than head coach......and he may get fired if the panthers continue losing.

If Will Levis plays like he did sunday, he could save Vrabel's job.....But then again, It might be good for Vrabel to get out of there....the titans FO seems hell bent on making bad trades and holding on to declining players.

On 10/30/2023 at 4:19 PM, birdman#12 said:

If Will Levis plays like he did sunday, he could save Vrabel's job.....But then again, It might be good for Vrabel to get out of there....the titans FO seems hell bent on making bad trades and holding on to declining players.

Levis gets his chance to show Sunday wasn't a fluke on Thursday against the Steelers.

I suspect if the Pats move on from Belichek, they call the Titans about Vrabel replacing him.  

From what I was hearing, Davis was hearing the fans wanted McDaniels gone and I suspect season ticket holders threatened not to renew unless McDaniels was fired.

On 8/9/2023 at 11:27 PM, Mat said:

This could be a high turnover year. 

McCarthy if Dallas don't win a playoff game again 

Bowles feels like an obvious choice considering they thought he might get fired last off-season. 

Rivera if they don't make the playoffs is a given, although Josh Harris is to cheap to want to pay out his contract. 

Harbaugh has won 2 playoff games in 10 years so if they miss the playoffs I think the Ravens might move him on. Might be one of those relationships that has had a run and they need a mutual split.

Eberflus if the Bears win 4 games and Fields is god awful 

Staley if the Chargers capitulate and either don't make the playoffs or flame out in grand fashion during the first week

Dennis Allen because it's Dennis Allen. The Saints will be close to faves for that division and if they don't win it that could see him gone. 

Stefanski if the Browns are a middle of the road team

McDaniels is one that probably should go but I see him keeping his job because it's the Raiders. 

Saleh will be an interesting one, if the Rodgers move backfires and they're not a playoff team yet again, do they make a move with the HC? 

Belicheat is the one you would think has a golden ticket, but if they are really bad he might moved on. I don't know if they rebuild with him

Revisiting this at the half way point, McDaniels the first to go