Black Monday: Who's on the Hot Seat in 2023? Who gets fired

VaBeach_Eagle

There are few things in this world that I will ever understand less than the hype that got McDaniels so many job offers.  Like it was entirely built on him playing hard to get.

• Like 1

The Belicheat coaching tree strikes again

What amazed me with the McDaniels hire is the length of the contract. There was no way in hell you should be giving him 6 years when he proved how much he sucked the first time around. He also had enough arrogance to bail on the Colts job after he accepted it. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he goes back to the Pats and he ends up being the successor there for a third shot 

1 minute ago, Mat said:

The Belicheat coaching tree strikes again

What amazed me with the McDaniels hire is the length of the contract. There was no way in hell you should be giving him 6 years when he proved how much he sucked the first time around. He also had enough arrogance to bail on the Colts job after he accepted it. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he goes back to the Pats and he ends up being the successor there for a third shot 

If that dude gets the pats job with that track record im gonna lose it.

The raiders have had 13 coaching changes in 23 years and they all had bad records.  Most of these guys were highly thought of coordinators or coaches, but they never could make the raiders contenders.

So was it the coaches or the terrible owner, scouting departments or GM's?    I think it's the front office......and I don't know why any coach would want that job working for mark davis and that front office.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

If that dude gets the pats job with that track record im gonna lose it.

But he is an elite coach!

He reminds me of Gase except more a-holey and less nuts

Bill O'Brien probably gets the Pats job 

15 minutes ago, birdman#12 said:

The raiders have had 13 coaching changes in 23 years and they all had bad records.  Most of these guys were highly thought of coordinators or coaches, but they never could make the raiders contenders.

So was it the coaches or the terrible owner, scouting departments or GM's?    I think it's the front office......and I don't know why any coach would want that job working for mark davis and that front office.

GM's imho.  Raiders scouting is antiquated.  

46 minutes ago, birdman#12 said:

The raiders have had 13 coaching changes in 23 years and they all had bad records.

I would normally make fun of that kind of team and its fans, but in this case, I do feel a little bad for one fan of the Raiders. My oldest brother is a lifelong Raiders fan. 

Dobbs didn't even know his teammates names and managed to beat the Falcons. Smith's seat would be getting pretty warm

• Like 1

On 11/1/2023 at 7:10 AM, Mat said:

Revisiting this at the half way point, McDaniels the first to go 

And they HATED McDaniels.  Will be interesting to see if they can keep it going next week against the Jets who have a much stingier defense. 

Proves they should have kept Rich Biscotti. who got them to the playoffs after Gruden was essentially forced out by the NFL.  

On 11/6/2023 at 11:03 AM, Wallyhorse said:

And they HATED McDaniels.  Will be interesting to see if they can keep it going next week against the Jets who have a much stingier defense. 

Proves they should have kept Rich Biscotti. who got them to the playoffs after Gruden was essentially forced out by the NFL.  

Do you even know what the word proof means? Firing McDaniels only "proves" that he shouldn't have been hired. It doesn't "prove" that the previous coach shouldn't have been fired.

On 11/5/2023 at 11:26 PM, Mat said:

Dobbs didn't even know his teammates names and managed to beat the Falcons. Smith's seat would be getting pretty warm

The Falcons are a bad football product.  I have no idea how people watch them on Sundays and then go lay money on these guys.  They got a nice defensive nucleus, but I see a 6-11 squad whenever I'm unfortunate enough to catch some Falcons.

3 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

The Falcons are a bad football product.  I have no idea how people watch them on Sundays and then go lay money on these guys.  They got a nice defensive nucleus, but I see a 6-11 squad whenever I'm unfortunate enough to catch some Falcons.

They were never going to win many games with Ridder at QB, but they had a top 5 D and lost to the Vikings down their starting QB, back up QB and number 1 WR.

I miss Tom Cable. He punched his players and went wild. He was so funny. I loved it when he jumped up an down. Great Raider coach.

7 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Do you even know what the word proof means? Firing McDaniels only "proves" that he shouldn't have been hired. It doesn't "prove" that the previous coach shouldn't have been fired.

I would have given Biscotti at least one season and more likely two to prove himself.  

It is pretty funny watching the 'Patriot Way' flame out in epic fashion

• Like 1

Did anyone honestly think the Panthers were going to be a good team this year, particularly on offense?

These are the offensive starters at the skills positions

RB: Sanders/Hubbard
WR: Thielen
WR: Chark
WR: Mingo
TE: Hurst

Sanders was relegated to the back up and was their big off-season signing, Thielen has been good for them but is about 100 years old, Chark was really good in his second season and never hit that form again, Mingo is a rookie and Hurst a dude that will bounce around from team to team and not provide much. Defensively it got so bad that they went out and signed Blake Martinez. A dude that retired to sell (scam) Pokemon cards. I would say Reich is safe, they really do need to sign some decent FA's this off-season though

2 hours ago, Mat said:

Did anyone honestly think the Panthers were going to be a good team this year, particularly on offense?

Sanders was relegated to the back up and was their big off-season signing, Thielen has been good for them but is about 100 years old, Chark was really good in his second season and never hit that form again, Mingo is a rookie and Hurst a dude that will bounce around from team to team and not provide much. Defensively it got so bad that they went out and signed Blake Martinez. A dude that retired to sell (scam) Pokemon cards. I would say Reich is safe, they really do need to sign some decent FA's this off-season though

You would think Reich would be safe, but they have an owner that some think may pull the trigger and fire him anyway.

If he were fired, I would give him another shot somewhere. 

The Broncos have the same record as the Chargers. Staley is done

On 11/12/2023 at 9:57 AM, Mat said:

Yes.  I thought they had 7/8 win type potential in that weak sauce division.  They seemed solid enough at the LOS, defense not bad.  The weaponry is mediocre but there are worse out there, it really comes down to Bryce Young.  I didn't like his ceiling but he was supposed to be solid day 1.  I also thought the Texans were going to be a frisky 8-9 win team, I may have underestimated them.

The Bills fired their OC... desperation act? Could McDermott be on the warm seat? I wouldn't think so, but you never know. 

McDermott's always been a bit overrated going way back since his days in Philly, but he's been a decent HC for Buffalo.  I don't thin they are the type of franchise to fire him for 1 down season in a stacked AFC when the roster is clearly flawed.  IMO, this has to do with some panic around Josh Allen's regression since Daboll left.  They wanted that rooted out ASAP.

• Like 1

I'd say he is safe. He has runs on the board and it depends how they go next season ans the shape of the roster. They have a makeshift D with a ton of injuries, interesting they fired their OC because Allen has been turnover prone throughout his career anyway.