Black Monday: Who's on the Hot Seat in 2023? Who gets fired

VaBeach_Eagle

Carrroll and Belichek step down... 1/4 of the league (8 teams) are looking for new coaches for next season.

On 8/9/2023 at 11:27 PM, Mat said:

This could be a high turnover year. 

McCarthy if Dallas don't win a playoff game again 

Well tomorrow is going to be interesting 

3 hours ago, Mat said:

They’ve surely got to fire him? But I think they need to ask themselves bigger questions around their QB.

6 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

They’ve surely got to fire him? But I think they need to ask themselves bigger questions around their QB.

You mean the guy that continually comes up small against good teams and finds ways to turn the ball over in critical situations? 

McCarthy is overrated, he scapegoated Moore because he wanted to 'run the ball more' and then had Dak throw 60 times in a game. I know they were behind, but the second drive where he threw the interception they had 3 straight passing plays. The best case scenario for the Eagles is they keep both, lose Dan Quinn and they'll be out of the playoffs next year with the 1st place schedule. 

12 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Jones can be slow to act when it comes to firing coaches (aside from Jimmy Johnson). It wouldn't surprise me to see him sit on his hands for at least one more season. But we'll soon see.

On 1/15/2024 at 4:02 PM, Mat said:

ESPN now reporting the Cowboys will keep him. They probably lose Quinn in the off-season (Seahawks were spoken about as a potential landing spot) which will weaken that defense that was already creating turnovers and scoring at an unsustainable level. 

On 1/15/2024 at 3:31 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Why do you think that they 'surely' have to fire him??

I think they're going to give him another year, or two. 

13 hours ago, LacesOut said:

Why do you think that they 'surely' have to fire him??

I think they're going to give him another year, or two. 

I mean because they just got humiliated in the play offs. They are a good regular season team but a terrible post season team.

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I mean because they just got humiliated in the play offs. They are a good regular season team but a terrible post season team.

Like I was saying about Lurie not jumping to fire a coach 'too' soon, though he will do it quickly if he thinks it's needed, Jerry tends to wait too long even after it's needed. Which I think is more ego than any kind of 'loyalty' to the coach. 

Sticking with a coach through rough times to try to get him to work through it is a good thing, in my opinion. But waiting a year or three too long is probably even worse than jumping too soon and that's Jerry. He tends to wait too long. 

• Like 1

Lol first coach that'll be on the hot seat will be Nick :lol: