Black Monday: Who's on the Hot Seat in 2023? Who gets fired

VaBeach_Eagle

Bills inconsistency is catching up to them and Allen is looking like Wentz 2.0

Curious who Chargers would go after for a HC. I think they go offensive HC this time to try and get the most out of Herbert who is still young

17 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Bills inconsistency is catching up to them and Allen is looking like Wentz 2.0

Curious who Chargers would go after for a HC. I think they go offensive HC this time to try and get the most out of Herbert who is still young

Kellen Moore has done a pretty decent job with Herbert and the offense. I think they can afford to go for a defensive coach and have Moore run the offensive side of the ball.

Their defense is a bit of a mess at the moment looking at the raw numbers, they're bottom end of the league other than 3rd down percentage.

If they go offensively they may look at Bobby Slowik, what he has done with Stroud and the Texans offense is pretty impressive. I had heard nothing about him prior to this season but he fits that mould of young coach that teams were chasing when McVay hit it big. 

On 11/15/2023 at 5:18 PM, Mike030270 said:

Curious who Chargers would go after for a HC.

I hear that Chip Kelly might be available soon... 

6 hours ago, wrestlevessel said:

River Boat is gone tomorrow.

I like Rivera but if it’s not Monday, I’ll be shocked if he get to black Monday. 

Said it other thread, I just don't see a class act who hasn't lost the locker room like Rivera get ousted mid season.  He makes it to black monday imo.

On 11/19/2023 at 9:10 PM, wrestlevessel said:

River Boat is gone tomorrow.

Wasn't him but Jack Del Rio was fired.  Rivera apparently going to handle DC duties the rest of the way. 

Sorry to see Frank fired again, I've liked him since his days at Maryland. I'm almost positive that it won't happen, but if Nick brought him in as a 'consultant', I wouldn't mind. 

1 hour ago, Godfather said:

Staley has to get fired this year. For Herbert's sake

For sure Staley is a goner, but the GM has to be culprit #1.  The roster is built like a basketball team, a few superstars and a bunch of scrubs.  Anybody who says the Chargers have a good roster just named their top 10 players and then completely forgot a football team suits 47 on Sunday.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

For sure Staley is a goner, but the GM has to be culprit #1.  The roster is built like a basketball team, a few superstars and a bunch of scrubs.  Anybody who says the Chargers have a good roster just named their top 10 players and then completely forgot a football team suits 47 on Sunday.

They have the qb and the skill guys on offense. Oline is meh. Bosa, Tuipulotu (rookie), and Samuel Jr only one's worth mentioning on defense 

5 hours ago, Godfather said:

They have the qb and the skill guys on offense. Oline is meh. Bosa, Tuipulotu (rookie), and Samuel Jr only one's worth mentioning on defense 

Derwin James, Mack and Kendricks as well

On 11/29/2023 at 11:35 PM, Mat said:

Derwin James, Mack and Kendricks as well

I forgot about James

23 hours ago, LacesOut said:

I'd fire the OC. The DC has trash players to work with. 

That defense is nowhere close to bottom 5 talent wise.  No where close and that's where they rank performance wise.

On 11/29/2023 at 4:35 PM, Godfather said:

Staley has to get fired this year. For Herbert's sake

I think he is out if he loses tonight.  

EDIT: I suspect Staley could be fired as soon as this game is over with the Chargers losing in the second quarter 35-0.

4 hours ago, Wallyhorse said:

I think he is out if he loses tonight.  

EDIT: I suspect Staley could be fired as soon as this game is over with the Chargers losing in the second quarter 35-0.

Lol he should have been fired at halftime 

• Haha 1