LB Nakobe Dean Foot Injury (UPDATE: Placed Back on IR on 11/16/23

time2rock

3 hours ago, LacesOut said:

But, TJ signed with the Bears like within the first 15 minutes of FA. So, IMO, he wanted out. And the rumors I heard were that the Eagles offered just about what the Bears offered. Maybe TJ just wanted to move to another team. It happens.

With that said, the Eagles cannot rely on Dean, not with his injury issues. There’s a BIG reason why he fell to the 3rd round. We’re seeing it now. 

Yeah I know he signed early, but what is offered isn’t always what it seems. The Eagles supposedly offered CJGJ more money as well, but clearly there was something he didn’t like about that contract. The Eagle showed little interest in keeping White or Edwards. They don’t value the position and you’re right Dean fell for a reason. Here we are one game in and he couldn’t even last. 

2 hours ago, Diehardfan said:

Yeah, one of the two would have been nice

Howie knew he didn’t do enough at linebacker and that’s why he signed Jack and Cunningham, but there’s a reason why those guys weren’t on rosters to begin with. Maybe instead of trading for TEs who can’t even dress he should’ve traded for a linebacker or two. 

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Howie did not put enough effort in manning the linebacker situation. They didn’t even try to offer Edwards money. 

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

Yeah I know he signed early, but what is offered isn’t always what it seems. The Eagles supposedly offered CJGJ more money as well, but clearly there was something he didn’t like about that contract. The Eagle showed little interest in keeping White or Edwards. They don’t value the position and you’re right Dean fell for a reason. Here we are one game in and he couldn’t even last. 

False narrative is false:

https://www.chicagobears.com/news/edwards-journey-home-to-the-bears-filled-with-pride

hjqywg2j9ramhqagx4mw.jpg

Click the link and read all about how he was a life-long Bears fan and raised in a multi-generational Bears fan family. It was similar to Reddick signing with the Eagles for less than his market value to play on his dream team. This was out of Howie's control. Dean, on the other hand was part of Howie's plan in the event this happened which is why we drafted him when he fell to us in the 3rd round a year ago. 

Dean, btw, played in all 20 Eagles games last season and an early foot injury this season will cost him a few games and all of a sudden you're trashing him for being hurt. I'm not sure if you watched White last season. He started the season very well, but disappeared as the season progressed. In the opener for the Cardinals this season, he picked up one of your favorite stats:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, brkmsn said:

False narrative is false:

https://www.chicagobears.com/news/edwards-journey-home-to-the-bears-filled-with-pride

hjqywg2j9ramhqagx4mw.jpg

Click the link and read all about how he was a life-long Bears fan and raised in a multi-generational Bears fan family. It was similar to Reddick signing with the Eagles for less than his market value to play on his dream team. This was out of Howie's control. Dean, on the other hand was part of Howie's plan in the event this happened which is why we drafted him when he fell to us in the 3rd round a year ago. 

Dean, btw, played in all 20 Eagles games last season and an early foot injury this season will cost him a few games and all of a sudden you're trashing him for being hurt. I'm not sure if you watched White last season. He started the season very well, but disappeared as the season progressed. In the opener for the Cardinals this season, he picked up one of your favorite stats:

The true false narrative is acting like Howie was completely incapable of addressing the linebackers situation much better than he did this offseason. That’s a ridiculous stance. Acting like Dean and a bunch of castoffs was the best he could do is a joke. I don’t know you feel it’s your responsibility to protect everyone in the organization, but the truth is Howie did a poor job constructing this roster at certain positions. This is one of them. FYI this doesn’t mean that I hate Howie or want him fired, but I’m being critical of a decision he’s made. It’s okay to have an opinion. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

IMO, the most ridiculous stance is pretending like you already know how this will end. After 1 game where the defense carried the team to victory on the road, you're singling out the LBs as if spending more resources and cap at that position would have produced an even better outcome than 1-0 with a struggling offense. 

• Like 3

Hopefully Dean will be okay and the other guys will be able to fill in for a few weeks, or Howie has a plan to snatch someone off a practice squad or something.  Definitely think keeping White should have been a higher priority given Dean's injury history and Edwards wanting to play for the Bears.   

1 hour ago, flyerdog said:

can Nolan Smith play outside and they slide Zach Cunningham to MLB? 

I feel like this might end up happening while Dean recovers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

Definitely think keeping White should have been a higher priority given Dean's injury history and Edwards wanting to play for the Bears.   

What is this "injury history" you are referring to? He didn't miss any college games with injuries and played in all 17 regular season games and 3 postseason games last year. Now all of a sudden he has an "injury history?"

1 hour ago, Vermontbird said:

Nolan is a player that should be on the field 

Snap count analysis for the edge rushers in week 1:

image.png.2671a8bdb837b7e8e964a1860a634874.png

Only 7 snaps for Smith.  Wonder if he was limited due to that shoulder injury?

This sucks. Will we ever get to see what he can do? Wasn’t he hurt last year or in the preseason as well?

On 9/13/2023 at 8:09 AM, brkmsn said:

What is this "injury history" you are referring to? He didn't miss any college games with injuries and played in all 17 regular season games and 3 postseason games last year. Now all of a sudden he has an "injury history?"

Yeah maybe history is a bit strong.  He did reportedly battle some minor injuries in college, had a torn pec during the draft/combine, now a busted foot.  Still stand by losing Edwards and White wasn't ideal.   

4 hours ago, xxeaglesfanxx said:

This sucks. Will we ever get to see what he can do? Wasn’t he hurt last year or in the preseason as well?

He was injured at draft time which why he fell, recovery time made him available in the regular season. 

This past game it felt like the linebackers made a few plays. They and the safeties gave up way more in coverage than they should have though.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I don't think MIKE is the best position for Dean. His natural spot is WILL. Not, saying he will not be successful. But, first things first, you have to be on the field to have impact. Also the LB corps cannot cover routes.

6 hours ago, seengreen said:

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I don't think MIKE is the best position for Dean. His natural spot is WILL. Not, saying he will not be successful. But, first things first, you have to be on the field to have impact. Also the LB corps cannot cover routes.

When Dean gets back the Eagles will be asking a 5’11 linebacker to cover 6’4 plus TEs that outweigh him by about 20 pounds too. I know everyone likes to assume this will just work out, but I’m not quite ready to go there and him already being hurt isn’t making me feel better about the situation.

• Like 1

On 9/18/2023 at 4:44 PM, EazyEaglez said:

When Dean gets back the Eagles will be asking a 5’11 linebacker to cover 6’4 plus TEs that outweigh him by about 20 pounds too. I know everyone likes to assume this will just work out, but I’m not quite ready to go there and him already being hurt isn’t making me feel better about the situation.

I understand the tall task for a WILL LB. But, I just don't think he will last long at MIKE. He is injured now, and subsequently will be injured again. I just want to see his talents maximized. Be it at MIKE, WILL, or SAM. I know the roles and times are different for each position. I'm going to give him a chance to keep progressing and improving. 

31 minutes ago, seengreen said:

I understand the tall task for a WILL LB. But, I just don't think he will last long at MIKE. He is injured now, and subsequently will be injured again. I just want to see his talents maximized. Be it at MIKE, WILL, or SAM. I know the roles and times are different for each position. I'm going to give him a chance to keep progressing and improving. 

The Eagles are going to need to play him to his strengths. They might want to go take out some of those Georgia tapes and see what he did best. This is all an experiment and we have to wait and see how it turns out. Unlike some I’m not ready to say it will.