LB Nakobe Dean Foot Injury (UPDATE: Placed Back on IR on 11/16/23

time2rock

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

Okay maybe it’s better he doesn’t come back. :ph34r:

Pff gave him a high score for his bench sitting analytics 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Pff gave him a high score for his bench sitting analytics 

Can’t wait to see the all of videos showing me how good he is on the bench like JJAW. 😂

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

Can’t wait to see the all of videos showing me how good he is on the bench like JJAW. 😂

Lmao!! I'd still like to see dean back even if it's not starting, just so we have more options and depth

2 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Lmao!! I'd still like to see dean back even if it's not starting, just so we have more options and depth

I don’t like guys being hurt. Overall that is one less player they can use. All I’m stating though is Morrow is making the best of his opportunities while Dean is out. Has Dean really done anything to this point that says he deserves to just get his job back when he’s healthy? I don’t think he has. Get him reps sure though. 

I don’t like guys being hurt. Overall that is one less player they can use. All I’m stating though is Morrow is making the best of his opportunities while Dean is out. Has Dean really done anything to this point that says he deserves to just get his job back when he’s healthy? I don’t think he has. Get him reps sure though. 

Cunningham seems to have been playing better too. I wouldn't be shocked if Dean loses his spot

• Like 1

Just now, Bwestbrook36 said:

Cunningham seems to have been playing better too. I wouldn't be shocked if Dean loses his spot

Unfortunately I wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t. I mean we have seen coaches be stubborn before. When the game was on the line they put Gainwell out there and not Swift who was carving them up all game. 

Unfortunately I wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t. I mean we have seen coaches be stubborn before. When the game was on the line they put Gainwell out there and not Swift who was carving them up all game. 

I don't think Swift can handle 20+ carries a game and that is why they went with gainwell. I don't want swift used up this early in the season 

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I don't think Swift can handle 20+ carries a game and that is why they went with gainwell. I don't want swift used up this early in the season 

Then they might want to do a better job of player management. Also how about get Penny some carries in the game? 

Then they might want to do a better job of player management. Also how about get Penny some carries in the game? 

They don't like penny for some reason. He does look slow but, I  thought they would have got him going some at least

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

They don't like penny for some reason. He does look slow but, I  thought they would have got him going some at least

Penny does look slow, but I thought he might be more of a short yardage guy for them or a guy they would use to close out games. He’s not even close to a factor in their minds.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I think if our defense would have had 1 more stop in the 4th quarter, we would have seen Mariota and Penny. I wasn't concerned with Penny on his 4 touches (so far this season). He looked fine. He looked explosive in the preseason. Don't confuse patience with lack of speed/quickness.

On 9/25/2023 at 11:00 PM, EazyEaglez said:

Penny does look slow, but I thought he might be more of a short yardage guy for them or a guy they would use to close out games. He’s not even close to a factor in their minds.

I would say he doesn't look as quick and explosive as the other backs (he's bigger and pretty patient so that may be why.. different running style). I'd put money on his long speed being faster than all of the backs on the roster though.

4 hours ago, judunno said:

I would say he doesn't look as quick and explosive as the other backs (he's bigger and pretty patient so that may be why.. different running style). I'd put money on his long speed being faster than all of the backs on the roster though.

Since he's bigger you would think they would want to use him more, but they are not even giving him the ball in those situations often opting to use Gainwell instead. People can say what they want, but the proof is in the production. They had only two backs against the Vikings and they barely used Penny. Gainwell came back and they had three backs and they used both Swift and Gainwell frequently. Penny never got a sniff of the ball. They don't like Penny for whatever the reason and so far we haven't seen that burst either.

10 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Since he's bigger you would think they would want to use him more, but they are not even giving him the ball in those situations often opting to use Gainwell instead. People can say what they want, but the proof is in the production. They had only two backs against the Vikings and they barely used Penny. Gainwell came back and they had three backs and they used both Swift and Gainwell frequently. Penny never got a sniff of the ball. They don't like Penny for whatever the reason and so far we haven't seen that burst either.

I feel like we said the same thing about Sermon the last few years but he wasn't really on the active roster. Penny hasn't earned the trust of the staff yet maybe. Would be nice to have a 3rd guy sharing the load to preserve them all for the playoffs. Teams that don't employ a rotation their RBs will probably be burned out by December. That extra game makes a difference.

1 minute ago, judunno said:

I feel like we said the same thing about Sermon the last few years but he wasn't really on the active roster. Penny hasn't earned the trust of the staff yet maybe. Would be nice to have a 3rd guy sharing the load to preserve them all for the playoffs. Teams that don't employ a rotation their RBs will probably be burned out by December. That extra game makes a difference.

Sermon I understand. He was more hyped by the fans, but he did nothing at that point in the league to earn that respect. Penny is a vet at this point Penny has 340 career carries and during that time has only fumbled twice. Frankly the treatment of Penny is kind of baffling unless they don't think he has much left in the tank.

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Sermon I understand. He was more hyped by the fans, but he did nothing at that point in the league to earn that respect. Penny is a vet at this point Penny has 340 career carries and during that time has only fumbled twice. Frankly the treatment of Penny is kind of baffling unless they don't think he has much left in the tank.

I'm thinking it's pass pro and maybe he hasn't picked up the system. Gainwell and Scott have experience in it so it makes sense for them to get burn early in the season. We saw how the slightest mistake can result in disaster with the Swift interception on the miscommunication.

2 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

Sooooooo...........when is Dean expected back????

Should be able to come off of IR next week

37 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

In time for the Jets game? 

33 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I don't think so.  I think it's the week after.  He played in the first game.  He has to miss 4 games.  That means that he's missing Weeks 2-5.  He'll be eligible to come back for Week 6.

17 minutes ago, ilikepargo said:

I don't think so.  I think it's the week after.  He played in the first game.  He has to miss 4 games.  That means that he's missing Weeks 2-5.  He'll be eligible to come back for Week 6.

I should of clarified that it would be "after" next week but that's what meant. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, judunno said:

I'm thinking it's pass pro and maybe he hasn't picked up the system. Gainwell and Scott have experience in it so it makes sense for them to get burn early in the season. We saw how the slightest mistake can result in disaster with the Swift interception on the miscommunication.

You can tell Swift is also still learning the system, because that interception was clearly a miscommunication between him and Hurts. Swift was not present for the next group of plays. Penny was here way before Swift was, but he’s still having difficulty picking up the offense? Yeah sorry I don’t buy that as a reason. If they thought they were getting 5.7 yards a carry Penny he would be out there.