LB Nakobe Dean Foot Injury (UPDATE: Placed Back on IR on 11/16/23

time2rock

23 hours ago, judunno said:

I'm thinking it's pass pro and maybe he hasn't picked up the system. Gainwell and Scott have experience in it so it makes sense for them to get burn early in the season. We saw how the slightest mistake can result in disaster with the Swift interception on the miscommunication.

You can tell Swift is also still learning the system, because that interception was clearly a miscommunication between him and Hurts. Swift was not present for the next group of plays. Penny was here way before Swift was, but he’s still having difficulty picking up the offense? Yeah sorry I don’t buy that as a reason. If they thought they were getting 5.7 yards a carry Penny he would be out there. In the Vikings game they ran the ball nearly 50 times and in that amount we can only give Penny three? The next game against Tampa they ran it 40 times, still down a back, because Scott was out and Penny got zero touches. That doesn’t seem like a situation that if favorable to Penny at all. 😂

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, time2rock said:

They also haven't used that final open roster spot, so it looks like they expect him to be a go this week. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

They also haven't used that final open roster spot, so it looks like they expect him to be a go this week. 

Didn’t Roby fill that spot?  Or was he just a practice squad call up.  I’m kind of behind in terms of news … spent the weekend in the Finger Lakes to celebrate my wedding anniversary … tuned sports out completely (likely a smart move :lol:).

Just now, time2rock said:

Didn’t Roby fill that spot?  Or was he just a practice squad call up.  I’m kind of behind in terms of news … spent the weekend in the Finger Lakes to celebrate my wedding anniversary … tuned sports out completely (likely a smart move :lol:).

He was called up. 

The punter has been called up how many times now?  They need a roster spot for a punter, unless they continue to try out punter stashed at PS.

2 hours ago, Penn7980 said:

The punter has been called up how many times now?  They need a roster spot for a punter, unless they continue to try out punter stashed at PS.

Mann has been called up three times. He has no more free activations left so if they want him to play, he has to go the 53-man roster.

35 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Mann has been called up three times. He has no more free activations left so if they want him to play, he has to go the 53-man roster.

Punt God incoming!

Spoiler

I'm not serious :P

• 2 weeks later...

Curious to see what people are thinking about the return of Dean so far. Maybe he’s still taking time to acclimate himself to the pro game, but so far I haven’t quite seen the irreplaceable player or difference make I thought he was supposed to be. Coming off an injury maybe this takes some time. Perhaps I’m expecting too much, but so far seven tackles in two games. Not tackles for loss. No pass breakups. One play against the Dolphins he missed a tackle. I don’t know for the hype train that started I really haven’t seen any flashes so far. 

6 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Curious to see what people are thinking about the return of Dean so far. Maybe he’s still taking time to acclimate himself to the pro game, but so far I haven’t quite seen the irreplaceable player or difference make I thought he was supposed to be. Coming off an injury maybe this takes some time. Perhaps I’m expecting too much, but so far seven tackles in two games. Not tackles for loss. No pass breakups. One play against the Dolphins he missed a tackle. I don’t know for the hype train that started I really haven’t seen any flashes so far. 

Isn't he like the "general" of the defense though? The D has been awesome the last 2 weeks, maybe it has something to do with his leadership.

36 minutes ago, opa-opa said:

Isn't he like the "genera" of the defense though? The D has been awesome the last 2 weeks, maybe it has something to do with his leadership.

The defense has been solid overall. Earlier in the season they seemed to get more turnovers. The other linebackers were getting sacks. Maybe has a lot to do with it or maybe he doesn’t. It seems hard to tell right now.

Against the dolphins, Dean was dropping into coverage virtually every snap. He wasn't really picked on by Tua, so statistically, he had a quiet game. When you factor in the defensive performance as a whole, it's a great trade against a very good offensive team. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

Lis franc likely means season ending right?

In week 10?  You would think so.
Frankly, considering it's a recurring problem and he's so young it might be prudent to shut him down and live to fight another day. 

He's out at least a couple of weeks. If he opts for surgery his season is done. It's frustrating he can't stay on the field.

24 minutes ago, toolg said:

He's out at least a couple of weeks. If he opts for surgery his season is done. It's frustrating he can't stay on the field.

Hicks was hurt all the time as well

• Like 1

I guess we're seeing now why he fell from a 1st round pick to a 3rd? Injury prone.

Shut him down, I'd say. It's not like the Iggles are going to win or lose a SB because of him.

The best ability is availability. 

3 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

I guess we're seeing now why he fell from a 1st round pick to a 3rd? Injury prone.

Shut him down, I'd say. It's not like the Iggles are going to win or lose a SB because of him.

Morrow and Cunningham were playing surprisingly well when he was out before.  Hopefully they can pick right back up at that level.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr_Philly said:

Ugh, I’m getting the feeling this is going to be the norm for him.

33 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

No injury history all through college. He played in every game for us last season on special teams with no injuries. He hurt his right foot in September. This is most likely similar to the DJax injury where Jackson opted for rest over surgery, didn't heal all the way, reaggravated the injury and then had surgery. If they opt to take care of the injury properly, it should be behind him when he returns. It's an unfortunate setback, but hardly concern that he's all of a sudden injury prone.