Fire Sirianni

rrfierce

1 hour ago, pisceschica said:

This team has been a constant mess since week one. If he was such a great coach with awareness why didn't he right this ship by end of semptember or october. The fact that he didn't demonstrates to me he is a poor decision make with poor leadership skills when things are not going well. 

Because they were winning

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gannan said:

We aren't going to win another game this season regardless of who we play. The players have flat out quit, the offense will continue to run QB draws and bubble screens that the rest of the league has long since figured out. They're cooked. 

If they call those stupid plays like they did last game then the whole lot deserve to be fired. 

Also at some point surely Hurts and the players have to call them out and refuse? They should know as a team whats gonna work in certain situations, not some idiot in a headset that continually Fs things up.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Wallyhorse said:

I don't expect it but as noted in a thread I started ESPN Radio's national morning show (Unsportsmanlike with Evan Cohen, Chris Canty and Michelle Smallmon) the Eagles exit early, they seem to think that Siranni could be replaced by Bill Belichek. 

Those talking heads have no idea or clue they are just speculating to get ratings and clicks.  They know throwing out controversial or hot takes will get attention, even from people thinking it's a stupid idea.  It's how they make money.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, pisceschica said:

This team has been a constant mess since week one. If he was such a great coach with awareness why didn't he right this ship by end of semptember or october. The fact that he didn't demonstrates to me he is a poor decision make with poor leadership skills when things are not going well. 

Because they were winning, and we don't know what happens behind closed doors 

2 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Those talking heads have no idea or clue they are just speculating to get ratings and clicks.  They know throwing out controversial or hot takes will get attention, even from people thinking it's a stupid idea.  It's how they make money.

Yep. Gotta have content. It's called clickbait for a reason 

After listening to AJ today, Siri isn’t going anywhere.  He hasn’t lost the room.  He probably earned more respect after today. AJ choked up a bit when he mentioned how Nick dove in the sword for them after the Seattle debacle. It’s pretty clear the players are probably trying to do too much at times and becoming a little undisciplined in their on field assignments.  Maybe why Jalen said they needed to be more committed, but the fact that AJ owned up to the players making mistakes and showing Nick love for covering for them should put a stop to any broken locker room BS narrative that Marcrap Hayes throws out there.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Gannan said:

He did what he always does... refused to run the ball. The key to beat Mahomes is to run the ball, grind the tempo of the game down, and keep Mahomes off the field. Football basics. 

Even Reid ran the ball in that game. It's why he won. 

So you're ignoring the whole arguably worst half by a defense in Super Bowl History part? The 'played even worse than the 2017 Super Bowl defense' part? The 'got beat 3 times by the same play for 3 touchdowns' part?

Give me a Fing break. If defense wins championships, then lack of it can lose it just as easily. They sucked.

• Like 2

Here's the full AJ Brown locker room interview from today so you can hear from him directly.  Interesting comments about Nick, especially that he makes up excuses to protect the players even if it makes him look like a fool to cover for the players improvising.  Says Nick is loyal, he supports him and Brian and that the players are to blame because they're the ones who put on the cleats and play.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Here's the full AJ Brown locker room interview from today so you can hear from him directly.  Interesting comments about Nick, especially that he makes up excuses to protect the players even if it makes him look like a fool to cover for the players improvising.  Says Nick is loyal, he supports him and Brian and that the players are to blame because they're the ones who put on the cleats and play.

Interesting interview and he raises some interesting things there. I still think this is AJ doing the right thing by talking. I’m not sure this is the truth but he’s finally done the right thing.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Interesting interview and he raises some interesting things there. I still think this is AJ doing the right thing by talking. I’m not sure this is the truth but he’s finally done the right thing.

He was claiming that it wasn't about play calling or anything the coaches are doing but that his frustrations arose from seeing his "dude get rolled up" (Smitty get injured).  So it's obvious he isn't making public what is really eating him because this has been going on for several weeks (even after a W when he didn't get as many catches as Smitty logged).  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, time2rock said:

He was claiming that it wasn't about play calling or anything the coaches are doing but that his frustrations arose from seeing his "dude get rolled up (Smitty get injured).  So it's obvious he isn't making public what is really eating him because this has been going on for several weeks (even after a W when he didn't get as many catches as Smitty logged).  

Exactly. And look he’s done the right thing (finally). He should have done this from the start. He’s unhappy and he’s frustrated. He is right to feel that way but he did it in the wrong way. I still think this ends with AJ requesting a trade.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, time2rock said:

He was claiming that it wasn't about play calling or anything the coaches are doing but that his frustrations arose from seeing his "dude get rolled up" (Smitty get injured).  So it's obvious he isn't making public what is really eating him because this has been going on for several weeks (even after a W when he didn't get as many catches as Smitty logged).  

Look, he’s frustrated. He said it.  He owned it.  He didn’t place blame on anyone.  He defended his teammates and coaches.  As far as I’m concerned he cleared the air and now it should be squashed. End of story.  I’d rather want a passionate guy who wants to win with teammates that care about him than a guy who nobody in the locker room likes (Wentz) leading this team.  

I get so tired of the media doing this crap - particularly the regular shitbags who always find a way to try to tear the team apart because they are insufferable less than human scum and they have no enjoyment in their pathetic lives.  

it’s over.  Now we ride….TOGETHER!  Go birds! 

• Like 2

Much ado about nothing.  Everybody wanted him to speak and he did.  Move on.  Nothing to see here.   On to the next faux controversy. 

• Like 2

I actually feel like there's interesting tidbits in there. The play in Seattle was actually intended as something completely different? I realize it's he said, she said, but that's pretty interesting.

18 hours ago, AmericanEagle77 said:

So you're ignoring the whole arguably worst half by a defense in Super Bowl History part? The 'played even worse than the 2017 Super Bowl defense' part? The 'got beat 3 times by the same play for 3 touchdowns' part?

Give me a Fing break. If defense wins championships, then lack of it can lose it just as easily. They sucked.

Gannon was terrible too. Ultimately its the head coach's responsibility. If we had done better on time of possession, Gannon's screw ups wouldn't have mattered. For the life of me, I can't understand all the excuses fans make for Sirianni and his 6 play Tecmo bowl offense. Go watch the offenses of other playoff teams. Its not even comparable. Sirianni isn't a real head coach.

Wonder if the players think that the 2 QB draws and the screen were the right play calls? 

I bet they don't. So the coaches are to blame - obviously AJ isn't gonna say that. Yet.

8 minutes ago, rrfierce said:

Wonder if the players think that the 2 QB draws and the screen were the right play calls? 

I bet they don't. So the coaches are to blame - obviously AJ isn't gonna say that. Yet.

They have to think the play calling is bad, I think reading between the lines of comments throughout the season shows that.  I think the organization does a good job - and the right thing - to have a unified public response where no one points fingers and blames someone else.  The coaches blame themselves, the players blame themselves, the coaches talk about putting guys in better position coach speak, the players talk about execution.  They do a good job trying to control the narrative, like any organization should.

What matters are what they do.  Siri said he was not going to make changes to his coaches...then swapped Desai for Patricia.  He's talked about Quez, then hasn't used him and Oz and Jones are getting more targets.  He's answered criticism that they don't use motion enough and said that's not always needed to confuse a defense, there are other ways...then the next game used a lot more motion seemingly just to shut up criticism to say they finally used motion.  

At one point in the past he also talked up how much he liked Reagor...then they traded him.  He talked up Driscoll earlier in the year...Steen and Opeta have become the go-to backups.  

You have to watch what actions they take.  They're always going to say the right things (or should) to the media.

45 minutes ago, Gannan said:

For the life of me, I can't understand all the excuses fans make for Sirianni and his 6 play Tecmo bowl offense. 

too bad sirianni hasnt figured out how to get the bo jackson glitch play to work. 

• Haha 1

@NOTW didn´t Driscoll have to have surgery on his thumb or something? Or am I making that up?

25 minutes ago, NOTW said:

They have to think the play calling is bad, I think reading between the lines of comments throughout the season shows that.  I think the organization does a good job - and the right thing - to have a unified public response where no one points fingers and blames someone else.  The coaches blame themselves, the players blame themselves, the coaches talk about putting guys in better position coach speak, the players talk about execution.  They do a good job trying to control the narrative, like any organization should.

What matters are what they do.  Siri said he was not going to make changes to his coaches...then swapped Desai for Patricia.  He's talked about Quez, then hasn't used him and Oz and Jones are getting more targets.  He's answered criticism that they don't use motion enough and said that's not always needed to confuse a defense, there are other ways...then the next game used a lot more motion seemingly just to shut up criticism to say they finally used motion.  

At one point in the past he also talked up how much he liked Reagor...then they traded him.  He talked up Driscoll earlier in the year...Steen and Opeta have become the go-to backups.  

You have to watch what actions they take.  They're always going to say the right things (or should) to the media.

I don't think Sirianni was lying about that, I don't think it was his decision, tbh I never thought it was his decision that Patricia was here at all.

24 minutes ago, kiwinavega said:

@NOTW didn´t Driscoll have to have surgery on his thumb or something? Or am I making that up?

I don't know, I hadn't heard that.  I just thought they weren't playing him anymore.  Maybe it's injury.

18 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

I don't think Sirianni was lying about that, I don't think it was his decision, tbh I never thought it was his decision that Patricia was here at all.

That's possible.  It happened to Doug.  My point is, what they say in press conferences is meaningless if what they actually do is something else.

14 minutes ago, NOTW said:

That's possible.  It happened to Doug.  My point is, what they say in press conferences is meaningless if what they actually do is something else.

Sorry yeah I should've added I agreed with the general point you were making.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kiwinavega said:

I believe Dickerson is the one who had thumb surgery. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I believe Dickerson is the one who had thumb surgery. 

Yeah Dickerson missed one game after having thumb surgery.

• Like 1