Fire Sirianni

rrfierce

4 minutes ago, Macho Grande said:

You might wanna do some more research there buddy.  Jedd Fisch has never been an NFL head coach.  He has served in various assistant/position coach roles with several NFL teams, but never been HC.  His current gig at University of Arizona is the only time he has been hired as a full time head coach. 

Fisch and Roseman were frat brothers and roommates in college during their time at Florida.  So the familiarity is there.  And he's a hot name in the college ranks this year after resurrecting Arizona's football program after only a few short years.  The idea of him being our next coach isn't as far-fetched as some might think it is.    

I had already edited as I misread you misspelling Jeff Fischer. NYE hangover :smoke:

7 hours ago, kiwinavega said:

I'm not quite ready to fire Sirianni yet, but that was disgustingly soft football in the second half. Such a lack of ambition. Good teams that are well coached don't give up 15pt leads at home to teams like the Cardinals. Great teams put their foot down and go on to crush their opponents. There is a real attitude and mentality problem here. They need to ask Mailata bout the great Aussie cricket teams and how they went about their business, or the great New Zealand All Blacks teams.

The Eagles problems aren't to do with talent - some excellent players on offense, a sprinkling of good ones on defense, ace kicker, good punter. In terms of talent, they have a roster better than much of the league. But talent that doesn't work hard enough or fight hard enough will never be good enough. I could forgive the defeats to SF (quality team) and even Dallas (nobody beats them at home these days). But last night was embarrassing, and the problem is in between their ears.

In 2017, we had a team culture. This year, it's like a family culture, but not really team. We have some disfunction and it gets excused because "player a" and "player d" are just "great competitors" and all that... The vet leaders are classy, but not real fiery. The young leaders/captains are immature and haven't really figured out how to put the team above themselves. There's a good chance we lose most or all of the veteran leaders on this team after the season and if the young leaders don't mature quickly, the disfunction will only get worse. 

There's never a good reason for heated back and forth outbursts on the sideline during a game. There is never a good reason for players to get into social media meltdowns with fans. There is never a good reason for coaches to expect issues to fix themselves. 

I know a lot of people are prognosticating the worst for the remainder of the season, but I don't think it's as written in stone as they do. At any point, a real leader could emerge and shape this team's future from that point on. But it will always require a team effort to pull off. Somebody has to get everybody to buy in and put the team and winning above all else. It's not impossible. It's just hard to be encouraged by what we have seen to this point. This team can either implode or stick together. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NOTW said:

I had already edited as I misread you misspelling Jeff Fischer. NYE hangover :smoke:

I kinda figured after my post that you must've been thinking of Jeff Fischer.   All good bud.  Good luck with that hangover 👍 

• Like 1

Nick has the clown show to motivate. He can't coach cause he sucks on both sides of the ball. 

What coach would they get? Perhaps one with a playbook of more than 5 plays and who doesn't call bubble screens 70% of the time. That'd be a good start. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Equinox said:

I'm kinda hesitant on the whole "blame the coach, fire the coach" stuff.

This team is 27-9 the past two years, including a Superbowl trip and a competitive Superbowl performance, albeit a loss, under Sirianni. His offense is well suited to Jalen Hurts, who set records in the Superbowl and this season.

Then we have this "lost the lockeroom" nonsense, which makes it sound like the players are intentionally losing so the coach gets fired. It's suddenly his fault the players can't tackle, can't cover, can't pressure the other team's QB?

The most likely explanation is that the team is simply fatigued and Sirianni has gotten all he can out of them. It's nobody's fault. They've played several top-tier football teams the past few weeks. They are simply out of gas and their opponents are taking advantage of that.

Whilst they could be fatigued that doesn’t excuse the bonehead play calling and inability to make any adjustments to a 3 win team who just put up 400+ yards on us, at home. 

we’ve had several chances to right the ship and we’ve gone into games with poor preparation and even worse in game calls. 

id say that’s the HCs fault 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

Hea been disappointing this year but I ain’t on the firing.

Based on what I saw this year, if they bring Sirianni back you're looking at a sub .500 team, dude doesn't know jack. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bring in Belicheat SzN and the deflated balls

defcon 4 

It has to be done 

• Haha 1

I can't pretend to know all the real stuff going on and what needs to change but there is a clear coaching problem.

The role of coaches involves the training and improvement of players individually and as a team to win games.  Individually and as a team that is not happening.  The have largely stayed the same or regressed over 16 games.

There is too much talent on the team for that to be the case.

There is a huge coaching problem. I have no idea exactly what it is but it's there. Super disappointing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

He pretty much sums it up perfectly. This is a coaching issue. The personnel on both sides of ball hasn’t changed much since last year,  I mean not enough to fall apart like this. 

jim harbaugh is the guy i want. he took colin kaepernick to the super bowl

• Like 2

Unpopular opinion but Siriani definitely deserves another year. Super Bowl hangover is a thing, just hit us a bit different. 

Of course I have big concerns, but he got us to the Super Bowl last year and we are still 11-5 and in the playoffs this year. Not the right move to fire him.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Unpopular opinion but Siriani definitely deserves another year. Super Bowl hangover is a thing, just hit us a bit different. 

Of course I have big concerns, but he got us to the Super Bowl last year and we are still 11-5 and in the playoffs this year. Not the right move to fire him.

Honest question, has Nick Sirianni shown that he does one thing well as a head coach? Most head coaches around the league you can point to something they do well, Shannahan, McVay, and McCarthy all can call plays. Tomlin, Harbaugh, and Carrol always have well coached teams. 

What does Nick do? Last year he had two coordinators that are now head coaches. He is Mike Vraebel without the playing experience. 

• Thanks 2

Look, when you lose the locker room, you lose your job. He has lost the locker room. End of story.

• Like 2

No one would be asking for Nicks head if we didnt overachieve and got lucky to get to 10-1. 

If we started 7-4 for example and ended up 11-6 people would be singing his praises.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Gannan said:

They fired a coach who actually won the super bowl, so I don't see why not. 

when they fired pederson they were a 4-5 win team lol. not an 11 win team

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MagicMoment said:

Honest question, has Nick Sirrianni shown that he does one thing well as a head coach? Most head coaches around the league you can point to something they do well, Shannahan, McVay, and McCarthy all can call plays. Tomlin, Harbaugh, and Carrol always have well coached teams. 

What does Nick do? Last year he had two coordinators that are now head coaches. He is Mike Vraebel without the playing experience. 

I want a serious answer to this question ^

Having a coach like those bolded creates more stability throughout the years as coordinators come and go. If there is a serious drop off due to an OC/DC like what was experienced with the offense this year what exactly does Sirianni do for the team from a pure football standpoint?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Our talented OC, and DC…who are currently head coaches on other teams has got us to the Superbowl!!! Siri was just a mascot for the ride. This year, without supporting head coaches …Siri was exposed as a fraud. Over his head.

• Like 2

We're just going to continue to get the same kind of coaches

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

We're just going to continue to get the same kind of coaches

Probably so. 

4 hours ago, EmeraldArcher7154 said:

jim harbaugh is the guy i want. he took colin kaepernick to the super bowl

That's who ive got my eye on. He had a great defense as well. Not sure if he played a role in selection of personnel but he has a football mind. 

Didnt he also lose the locker room in SF which lead to his firing?

• Like 1