Official Coaching Changes: DC Fangio; OC Kellen Moore, Clint Hurtt DL Coach

time2rock

The Chargers ex-HC as our DC maybe?

All I know is that I think BOTH Coordinaters should be changed.

Call me crazy, but am I the only that thinks, if given carte blanche, Matt Patricia can actually do something with the defense? He had inherited a sheet-show so of course there was no chance at getting better. Do the players hate him and that's why they didn't tackle? He was a good freakin' coordinator when with the Patriots. 

On 1/19/2024 at 9:08 AM, Talonblood said:

Reich is the best, smoothest transition. He knows the FO, most players, etc, etc, etc. Hire the dude- it will be almost seamless. On the defensive side of the ball? Clean house and get a REAL DC. Show us you learned the lesson here, Lurie and Howie.

Even if Reich is not the Best OC, he certainly can develop QBs. And QB development guy is what we need now most of all.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, JohnB said:

Call me crazy, but am I the only that thinks, if given carte blanche, Matt Patricia can actually do something with the defense? He had inherited a sheet-show so of course there was no chance at getting better. Do the players hate him and that's why they didn't tackle? He was a good freakin' coordinator when with the Patriots. 

You ARE crazy and the only one. You are welcome.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, JohnB said:

I thought it was a weird hire to begin with. Why do the they need so many cooks in the Kitchen?

He should be shown the door along with all of the D Coaches.

Hindsight is 20/20, but they probably should have kept and promoted Dennard Wilson from Secondary Coach to DC.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, time2rock said:

IMG_0480.jpeg

Sounds like wild conjecture by Garafolo to me. He's the current OC for the Colts and they have a bright future under Shane Steichen. I get the tie to the Eagles with his brief stint as a consultant but would rather just have Frank Reich if the team is gonna put that much weight on familiarity.

The only current OCs that would make sense to offer a lateral move to be our OC are the guys on teams that fired their HC already: Kellen Moore, Eric Bieniemy, etc...

• Like 1

21 hours ago, LacesOut said:

The Chargers ex-HC as our DC maybe?

All I know is that I think BOTH Coordinaters should be changed.

Eh, not my first choice but I think he's worth an shot at an interview and at least an upgrade over Patricia/Desai to a degree.

Just now, LacesOut said:

^^^^^^
Who would want as the new DC?

My top three are Ron Rivera, Wink Martindale, and Glenn Schumann in that order.

The last one is a wild card choice, but the Eagles interviewed him last year and have already invested so much draft capital in Georgia defensive players, so I think it would be worth the gamble if the veteran options say no. See if Schumann can get the best out of his former players in the NFL, since they're now the core of our defense going forward.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Aspiritfall said:

Is Patricia and BJ going with him 

TBD.  I don’t think either are safe.  But I think nick had to do start somewhere.  Id love to see vrabel in here as DC, but that’s probably not gonna happen.  Nick couldn’t handle another proven guy in here.  Wouldn’t go well with his ego. 

also don’t rule out Brian Johnson may get a HC job anyway so they aren't gonna fire him and ruin his reputation 

If Vrabel doesn’t get a head coach spot we need to offer him a blank check for DC. Who cares about Siri’s ego. He need someone he doesn’t need to manage in that spot.

Just posted this elsewhere but might as well post it her:

Some of the names I've heard that I would be fine with:

Ron Rivera- DC

Josh McDaniels- OC (great offensive coordinator-please God, make this happen!)

Gregg Williams-DC

Hopefully Patricia is gone next, and can we please hire a DC that values linebackers and safeties.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Mr_Philly said:

Hopefully Patricia is gone next, and can we please hire a DC that values linebackers and safeties.

Patricia isn't under contract they don't need to let him go he is already gone. 

• Like 6

The D needs a total overhaul of Coaches.

The O? Just keep the Line Coach.

As expected, Desai was fired.  Report also said Patricia is not under contract and will not be with the team.  The team will have a new DC, just don't know who yet.  They need to spend some resources to stock up defensive players up and down, starters and depth.  It would take more than one off-season to get that done.

Re OC, it is hard to make a case to keep Johnson.  Staying put or demoting him do not look good.  They could just drop him and move on to someone more seasoned.  Offense has some pieces in place already.  An able QB coach to further develop Hurts to read coverage and as a pocket passer is a critical piece, IMHO.  

• Like 1

Expecting Patricia to be gone. Brian Johnson- if he gets hired as a head coach, that's that. If he doesn't, I expect him to be fired as well. I am just keeping trach of them as they get fired. 🤟🏻

• Like 1

If they were going to fire Johnson then why didn’t they do it when they fired Desai? Perhaps the plan is to keep Johnson and to bring in some kind of offensive consultant? Perhaps they don’t want another season of Jalen or Sirianni with a different OC? For the record I still think it’s a mistake to have Sirianni go into next season as a lame duck coach. 

• Confused 1