Official Coaching Changes: DC Fangio; OC Kellen Moore, Clint Hurtt DL Coach

time2rock

9 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

If they were going to fire Johnson then why didn’t they do it when they fired Desai? Perhaps the plan is to keep Johnson and to bring in some kind of offensive consultant? Perhaps they don’t want another season of Jalen or Sirianni with a different OC? For the record I still think it’s a mistake to have Sirianni go into next season as a lame duck coach. 

They didn't fire Johnson because they are waiting to see if he gets a head coaching job. If he gets hired as a head coach, then they don't need to do anything.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

They didn't fire Johnson because they are waiting to see if he gets a head coaching job. If he gets hired as a head coach, then they don't need to do anything.

Plus they get 2 3rd round picks

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

My thought exactly.  Firing him now would also hurt his chance of getting a HC job.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Plus they get 2 3rd round picks

why?

They need to hire an established defensive coordinator that isn't afraid of benching star players who aren't playing well. That's the only way your going to rein these guys in.

3 minutes ago, Perforator said:

They need to hire an established defensive coordinator that isn't afraid of benching star players who aren't playing well. That's the only way your going to rein these guys in.

They also need to hire an aggressive DC who can blitz and ditch the bend not break mentality.

If we keep going with that crap it'll just be more of the same.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, rrfierce said:

They also need to hire an aggressive DC who can blitz and ditch the bend not break mentality.

If we keep going with that crap it'll just be more of the same.

I don't disagree but they need to invest in the defense (both FA and the draft). They don't have the players to implement much of a system.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I don't disagree but they need to invest in the defense (both FA and the draft). They don't have the players to implement much of a system.

Yep. Get the new DC in and let him have a say who they sign and draft. 

Thats probably not gonna happen though

• Like 1

9 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

If they were going to fire Johnson then why didn’t they do it when they fired Desai? Perhaps the plan is to keep Johnson and to bring in some kind of offensive consultant? Perhaps they don’t want another season of Jalen or Sirianni with a different OC? For the record I still think it’s a mistake to have Sirianni go into next season as a lame duck coach. 

Don't Eagles get a 3rd round comp pick if he gets hired before getting fired? Maybe that's why?

I like Wink as a possible DC. But I don't like our 2ndry to run his scheme. But maybe that was part of the scheme why they sucked so bad.

Ok- I made this thread 1st, but I didn't us the word "OFFICIAL"- so they removed my post. Nice. And really childish, too. 🤣💩

46 minutes ago, Portyansky said:

I like Wink as a possible DC. But I don't like our 2ndry to run his scheme. But maybe that was part of the scheme why they sucked so bad.

May I ask why do people think Wink Martindale ia a good option? Honest question, I don’t see it and from what I’ve seen his defences have been rubbish. I also don’t see that he has somehow maximised the talent in there

How long are they going to hold off while trying to get comp picks? Has to come a time when they realize it's not happening and fire him. The longer they wait the pickings get slimmer

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

How long are they going to hold off while trying to get comp picks? Has to come a time when they realize it's not happening and fire him. The longer they wait the pickings get slimmer

Unless they plan to keep him? Which I mean WOW if they do.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

It seems obvious that they wouldn't fire him while he's out in the middle of doing HC interviews. How dirty and disrespectful would that be? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Talonblood said:

Ok- I made this thread 1st, but I didn't us the word "OFFICIAL"- so they removed my post. Nice. And really childish, too. 🤣💩

No, you posted this on Sunday, time2rock started this last Thursday. I merged 3 different topics all talking about the same thing. The board defaults to the topic that was started first. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Moderator6 said:

No, you posted this on Sunday, time2rock started this last Thursday. I merged 3 different topics all talking about the same thing. The board defaults to the topic that was started first. 

Ok. 👍🏻

Brian Johnson is about to be added to the list. 

7 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

We all wish, but that will take a distinct change in Howie's philosophy with LB and S.

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

IMG_4722.jpeg

Make sense to get a former linebacker coach in here and not give him any linebackers.  

2 hours ago, Heavywchamp said:

It seems obvious that they wouldn't fire him while he's out in the middle of doing HC interviews. How dirty and disrespectful would that be? 

About as dirty and disrespectful as it was to be interviewing the week of a Super Bowl.  F you Gannon I’m still mad 😂 

• Like 1