Official Coaching Changes: DC Fangio; OC Kellen Moore, Clint Hurtt DL Coach

time2rock

20 minutes ago, DBW said:

Make sense to get a former linebacker coach in here and not give him any linebackers.  

Hopefully whoever is hired will have some say in personnel … he tells Howie who/what he wants and Howie goes and gets them.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Moderator6 said:

No, you posted this on Sunday, time2rock started this last Thursday. I merged 3 different topics all talking about the same thing. The board defaults to the topic that was started first. 

Meet him in Lot F and fight

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Portyansky said:

Don't Eagles get a 3rd round comp pick if he gets hired before getting fired? Maybe that's why?

4 hours ago, Heavywchamp said:

It seems obvious that they wouldn't fire him while he's out in the middle of doing HC interviews. How dirty and disrespectful would that be? 

I think there is close to a zero chance that Johnson gets hired as a HC. Him getting interviews is simply a bad use of the Rooney rule. As you say it’s a respect thing but I hope and expect that they are making progress behind the scenes. It’s an attractive job with the talent available 

• Like 2

I don't get the Mike Caldwell interview at all, unless they are just doing a favor for a former player by getting his name out there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, T-1000 said:

I don't get the Mike Caldwell interview at all, unless they are just doing a favor for a former player by getting his name out there.

I guess they need a backup plan in case Rivera and Martindale both say no to the job. Really hoping it's not Mike Cardwell they end up with.

The Jags already hired former Falcons DC Ryan Nielsen, the other guy the Eagles reached out to for the job.

Hopefully they don't drag this process out too long otherwise they'll miss out on these guys as well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

I guess they need a backup plan in case Rivera and Martindale both say no to the job. Really hoping it's not Mike Cardwell they end up with.

The Jags already hired former Falcons DC Ryan Nielsen, the other guy the Eagles reached out to for the job.

Hopefully they don't drag this process out too long otherwise they'll miss out on these guys as well.

They already dragged out the firing to 6 days, and keeping Sirianni lol.

• Haha 1

I'm out on Wink...I'd be all for and not in any particular order

Leslie Frazier... Dennard Wilson.. Minter... Evero... really hesitant on Rivera but could be swayed

3 hours ago, T-1000 said:

Nothing about this team has made sense for almost 1 full calendar year. Outside of the draft, everything has been off. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, DBW said:

About as dirty and disrespectful as it was to be interviewing the week of a Super Bowl.  F you Gannon I’m still mad 😂 

But yeah at least the Eagles "fired" him immediately after and told him to stay in Arizona 😂😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

I think there is close to a zero chance that Johnson gets hired as a HC. Him getting interviews is simply a bad use of the Rooney rule. As you say it’s a respect thing but I hope and expect that they are making progress behind the scenes. It’s an attractive job with the talent available 

Hey never say never. The Cardinals took Gannon as a HC. I'm just saying, how would it look if someone is gets fired from a DC position on one team while actively interviewing for a HC on another?  Imagine the texts, alerts, or breaking news coming across to the owner of the team BJ is trying to interview for while they're in the meeting. 

4 hours ago, time2rock said:

IMG_0517.jpeg

Come on.... I really hope they're done with the "project" coordinators. Bring in someone with real experience or ex-HC. Someone that can still guide Siriani. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, time2rock said:

Hopefully whoever is hired will have some say in personnel … he tells Howie who/what he wants and Howie goes and gets them.  

I feel like the coaches tel Howie the style of player they want then Howie decides on who and when in the draft to target that skill set/position. 

16 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

What about Jason Target the Browns LB coach. He has DC experience and comes from Schwartz. Schwartz fits the style we like to run obviously. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Tarver

IMG_2721.jpeg

If you've seen the reports, they're changing the defense style almost certainly. It feels like Vic Fangio lineage for us is over, based on the candidates we're seeing.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AmericanEagle77 said:

If you've seen the reports, they're changing the defense style almost certainly. It feels like Vic Fangio lineage for us is over, based on the candidates we're seeing.

Yea but they always fall back. I hope we go more the Jim Johnson route but who knows. 

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, time2rock said:

IMG_0517.jpeg

I’d take him as a LB coach but not DC

• Like 2

Jim Leonhard is who I want. Get it done Howie!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

Yea but they always fall back. I hope we go more the Jim Johnson route but who knows. 

Martindale is kind of like another Ryan from what I hear. That's probably the closest we're gonna get. Rivera is from Johnson's tree too, but a lot of that tree has become a little hard to find. I do think it's a little weird that people are demanding we go back to blitz centric designs, considering when other teams hot route us up people are going to be super mad, but I do get being tired of the bend but don't break stuff.

12 hours ago, T-1000 said:

I hated it when I first found out about it but interestingly whilst the raw stats look pretty ugly, the advanced stats are a fair better for Jags D - not outstanding but certainly above-average. Someone who understand this better than me can help explain why but Defensive DVOA had them ranked #10 and expected points contributed by defence had them at #12.

With regards to being the anti-Eagles issues of the past year. He blitzed 30% of the time which is up there for #9 but not quite Flores or Wink levels. Middle of the pack in red-zone TDs (#15), great on 3rd-down (#8) which may be feeding into advanced stats...But then they had most 4th downs attempted against them (sticks defence maybe?). They were also #10 in drives started that ended up in a score at 32.3% whereas Eagles were near the bottom at 41.1% (and for what its worth Commanders were the worst here). The Jags faced 20 more drives than our D over the season which is probably more of an issue on offence.

Still don't love it but its not terrible.

• Like 2

At least they’re looking at DCs who care about LBs. 

• Like 2

ESPN notification popped up on my phone saying Johnson is out

• Like 2

Two new coordinators vying for alame duck head coaches job in the final year of his contract. What could possibly go wrong? 

• Like 2