Mid FA Mock (03-18-2024)

Ray75

We’re entering the 2nd week of FA. 

Although I do believe adding White, Burks and Baum is an upgrade, I still don’t think Eagles solved their LB problem. Howie might think otherwise and calling it a wrap. Frightening isn’t it but it wouldn’t surprise me one bit if the Eagles don’t address the LB position in the draft…at least not early…

I do believe Eagles are not finished in FA and we’ll see some more signings.

Ohhhh and I’m still on the fence what they’ll do with Reddick. For the sake of the argument I think he signs an extension here.

I always try to be as realistic as possible with my draft. You and I may not like it but it’s what I think Eagles might do, not just what I want them to do…otherwise I would have them taking a corner in the first…

Many of these prospects have met with the Eagles, some even had formal interviews or are in line for a top 30 visit. Always try to incorporate new names.

So here goes. Have fun!

Draft:

1 JC Latham, OT/OG, Alabama;

2 TJ Tampa, CB, Iowa State;

2 Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan;

4 Theo Johnson, TE, Penn State;

5 Khristian Boyd, DT, Iowa;

5 Jaden Hicks, S, Washington State;

5 Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky;

6 Blake Watson, RB, Memphis.

Probably what the eagles will do because I don’t really like it it’s mostly "meh” 

1 hour ago, Cheesteakitis said:

Probably what the eagles will do because I don’t really like it it’s mostly "meh” 

Exactly but I almost never make fancy fantasy mocks…

If it were up to me, I’d take a corner in the first. Heck, I might even trade for one if the price won’t be too steep.

• Like 1

Latham would set the majority of the fan base on fire but that would be a very good pick at that slot.  I don’t think most people understand that he projects as a starter on day 1 around the league.  He gave up zero sacks in 13 starts at Alabama and is athletic for his size.  He could potentially slide inside to guard as he would be the natural succession plan for Lane’s retirement in the future.  

Fashanu and Alt will probably be gone by the time the Bengals pick and I don’t see them passing Latham up at 18 given their needs on the offensive line.  

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, VeeMak said:

Latham would set the majority of the fan base on fire but that would be a very good pick at that slot.  I don’t think most people understand that he projects as a starter on day 1 around the league.  He gave up zero sacks in 13 starts at Alabama and is athletic for his size.  He could potentially slide inside to guard as he would be the natural succession plan for Lane’s retirement in the future.  

Fashanu and Alt will probably be gone by the time the Bengals pick and I don’t see them passing Latham up at 18 given their needs on the offensive line.  

Exactly. Will compete with Steen and Hennessy for the starting RG job and be cross trained to eventually be LJ’s successor. Potentially day one starter IMO.

24 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

Exactly. Will compete with Steen and Hennessy for the starting RG job and be cross trained to eventually be LJ’s successor. Potentially day one starter IMO.

He ran an unofficial 4.85 at Alabama but he opted out of that portion of the underwear Olympics.  He looked the part in the position drills.  IMHO he is a better prospect than Alt.  I think he lost 20 pounds after the season ended leading into the combine, so he checks the self discipline box that you worry about with "big bone” prospects. He will have to get the set corrected as he tends to overset with his anchor, but that would be right up Stout’s alley. 

• Like 1

Ray - I don't think it's a tackle in round 1. I think it's a corner. My preference is a small move down, get an additional pick, and then draft DeJean who projects at both corner and safety. 

i don't know if I think your draft is realistic or pessimistic. 

On 3/18/2024 at 5:52 AM, Ray75 said:

I still don’t think Eagles solved their LB problem

Agree 100% - Edgerrin Cooper in the 2nd, but White will begin the year as the starter. 

I do believe Eagles are not finished in FA and we’ll see some more signings.

Same page again. My hopes are for Hunter Renfrow which would make drafting Wilson moot. Also, there are just too many needs to rely completely on the draft - OL now that both Opeta and Driscoll are gone. WR3 which Renfrow would perfectly solve. Starting corner since we need 2 - an outside and a slot. Safety depth unless Brown will be ready to go. LB capable of being a long term starter.

Ohhhh and I’m still on the fence what they’ll do with Reddick. For the sake of the argument I think he signs an extension here.

i think your thoughts were overcome by events when the news of the delayed roster bonus came out last night. A trade is much more likely now. Not going to get what we thought though. Maybe a 3rd, and if we get one I'd love to see Shipley  

Your drafts usually leave me a bit more upbeat - not this one. 

2 hours ago, Rob331 said:

Ray - I don't think it's a tackle in round 1. I think it's a corner. My preference is a small move down, get an additional pick, and then draft DeJean who projects at both corner and safety. 

Agree 100% - Edgerrin Cooper in the 2nd, but White will begin the year as the starter. 

Same page again. My hopes are for Hunter Renfrow which would make drafting Wilson moot. Also, there are just too many needs to rely completely on the draft - OL now that both Opeta and Driscoll are gone. WR3 which Renfrow would perfectly solve. Starting corner since we need 2 - an outside and a slot. Safety depth unless Brown will be ready to go. LB capable of being a long term starter.

i think your thoughts were overcome by events when the news of the delayed roster bonus came out last night. A trade is much more likely now. Not going to get what we thought though. Maybe a 3rd, and if we get one I'd love to see Shipley  

Your drafts usually leave me a bit more upbeat - not this one. 

Although I want a corner bad, they haven’t taken one in the first for 22 years now. What makes this year different?! Have to see it to believe it but hope you’re right.

If you’re still in denial Eagles could take a tackle in the first, brace yourself for a possible letdown. They took Dillard to be JP’s heir and Jurgens was handpicked by Jason Kelce to be his successor. Guess what?! LJ already endorsed Tyler Guyton to the Eagles FO as his ideal successor. It’s what they do…finding replacements two years in advance. Especially on the OL.

Tell you what I think might happen! Ready?!

Eagles have a knack for creating a whole new need just ahead of the draft. Happens albeit every year. There is no hole and suddenly they create one by letting players walk or flat out trade them.

This year we might see something similar develop in a Haason Reddick trade. If they trade him, they create another hole. One they feel extremely comfortable filling with a first round prospect. 

Although I believe OT is definitely in play, if they trade Reddick it’s almost a gimme they’ll target a pass rusher like Verse, (Chop) Robinson or Latu in the first. I can even see them trading up for one of those kids…

• Like 1

They could also trade down fr Barton or Worthy.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Crazy Legs said:

They could also trade down fr Barton or Worthy.

Absolutely…tons of options…

23 hours ago, Ray75 said:

f you’re still in denial Eagles could take a tackle in the first, brace yourself for a possible letdown. They took Dillard to be JP’s heir and Jurgens was handpicked by Jason Kelce to be his successor. Guess what?! LJ already endorsed Tyler Guyton to the Eagles FO as his ideal successor. It’s what they do…finding replacements two years in advance. Especially on the OL.

Like they say with investments - past resulots are not indicative of future performance. Case in point - Saquon Barkley

On 3/19/2024 at 3:48 PM, Rob331 said:

As usual it's most likely a lineman. I don't think they wouldn't draft a corner in general, just that the corners they like always get picked too early for us.

On 3/19/2024 at 3:48 PM, Rob331 said:

I think he always plays it very, very safe with his picks. Usually they get picked later than he thinks (no offense. I'm just the other way around, mine get picked earlier).

23 minutes ago, Infam said:

As usual it's most likely a lineman. I don't think they wouldn't draft a corner in general, just that the corners they like always get picked too early for us.

I think he always plays it very, very safe with his picks. Usually they get picked later than he thinks (no offense. I'm just the other way around, mine get picked earlier).

You call it safe, I call it grounded. There’s a difference…

As far as I’m aware, I’m usually pretty good at guessing where a prospect might go. Especially in the first 3-4 rounds. I might be off from time to time but more often than not, I’m pretty close. Like not only projecting the round but also where in that round (early, mid, late).

But hey, let’s put it to the test. Name a couple of prospects projected to go top 100 and I’ll tell you where I have them going…

• Like 1

I'm both conflicted and frustrated...it happens just about every year (need vs. talent, competition with 31 other teams, etc.).

First, I fear the players that ideally fit their needs and deliver the most impact will be snatched-up just a few picks before us in almost every round.

Second, the best players within early reach will probsbly be required to sit and observe for a season or two.

Third, while extremely pleased with how aggresive Howie has been this offseason, we still have a few important positions to address.

Fourth, professional football continuously evolves and we have 2 new coordinators again, so we really don't know what path our team will take this season.

Let me suggest some food for thought:

1. Offensive Tackle: Does it make sense to make a "sure" pick at pick #22 for a player that will understudy for 2 seasons? We do need a quality backup and should be grooming the next player to continue our dominance down to road. Would Mims be a great pick for the future? Would Barton be an instant contributer?
  2. Do we draft a wide receiver that will hopefully produce immediately and serve as insurance in case of injuries?  Would Xavier Worthy be considered a stretch at pick #22? Do we draft 1 or 2. Are there any good FA slots available for a 1 year commitment?
  3. Do we plan now for succession at tight end? Theo Johnson looks intriguing, but probably will be gone prior to Pick #120. Do we reach or make a draft day trade? Are we content with our current backups?
  4. Do we want to draft a linebacker early in 2024? Who fits best and how long will they be available?
  5. Is a "shut down" cornerback imperative this offseason? If so, who/when/how?
  6. There is minimal depth at safety. Should Kelee Ringo be reassigned here? What talent will be available on day #3?
  7. Do we see much value in players picked on day #3?  I'd just as soon use them as pawns to just to get a few good men that will raise our level of play. You can always find "JAGs" at the touch of a dial (old school), To me, these are practice squad candidates who may eventually develop into something.

Time is yours, Ray.

5 hours ago, Crazy Legs said:

I'm both conflicted and frustrated...it happens just about every year (need vs. talent, competition with 31 other teams, etc.).

First, I fear the players that ideally fit their needs and deliver the most impact will be snatched-up just a few picks before us in almost every round.

Second, the best players within early reach will probsbly be required to sit and observe for a season or two.

Third, while extremely pleased with how aggresive Howie has been this offseason, we still have a few important positions to address.

Fourth, professional football continuously evolves and we have 2 new coordinators again, so we really don't know what path our team will take this season.

Let me suggest some food for thought:

1. Offensive Tackle: Does it make sense to make a "sure" pick at pick #22 for a player that will understudy for 2 seasons? We do need a quality backup and should be grooming the next player to continue our dominance down to road. Would Mims be a great pick for the future? Would Barton be an instant contributer?
  2. Do we draft a wide receiver that will hopefully produce immediately and serve as insurance in case of injuries?  Would Xavier Worthy be considered a stretch at pick #22? Do we draft 1 or 2. Are there any good FA slots available for a 1 year commitment?
  3. Do we plan now for succession at tight end? Theo Johnson looks intriguing, but probably will be gone prior to Pick #120. Do we reach or make a draft day trade? Are we content with our current backups?
  4. Do we want to draft a linebacker early in 2024? Who fits best and how long will they be available?
  5. Is a "shut down" cornerback imperative this offseason? If so, who/when/how?
  6. There is minimal depth at safety. Should Kelee Ringo be reassigned here? What talent will be available on day #3?
  7. Do we see much value in players picked on day #3?  I'd just as soon use them as pawns to just to get a few good men that will raise our level of play. You can always find "JAGs" at the touch of a dial (old school), To me, these are practice squad candidates who may eventually develop into something.

Time is yours, Ray.

Well my friend! It’s Howie vision we are all just living in it.

For real. Try to understand how this FO operates, how they think, what their strategy is and you’ll be fine. We have no influence on it. Once you accept that, you learn to cope with these frustrations.

OL, DL and occasionally a WR will always be their mantra in the first. It has worked for them for decades so why deviate?! Teams like the Steelers and Ravens prioritize other positions like LB and CB in the first and it worked for them too.

Howie always fills most pressing needs in FA, always finds a way to create new holes and sets the team up heading into the draft in a way to justify a high pick will be spend on OL and/or DL cause that’s their comfort zone.

They simply don’t feel comfortable taking a CB, S or LB in the first (always try to avoid that) and as long as they don’t break that trend, they’ll always have to go the FA route to address those needs. The most expensive way…

I get that you have a strategy, a code you live by, a mantra if you will but as long as you don’t deviate from that, you’ll always have to deal with the same wins and the same obstacles. 

You invest in the trenches and occasionally at the WR position through the draft and accept the fact CB, S, LB will albeit always have to be addressed in FA. You draft two year in advance so when a vet at DL or OL finally hangs it up, you have his successor already on the roster.

I’m all for a more balanced approach cause I believe the best way to build a team is to have young homegrown talent at every level. Talent you drafted yourself. Complementary pieces you take later in the draft and you use FA to add veteran talent that fit your culture and bring something extra like leadership, swagger, a different flavor etc. Your core you drafted yourself and not just at OL, DL and QB.-

Back to your questions;

1) they already have set themselves up to take an OT early. In all honesty I think Tyler Guyton will be the pick. Things might change once Reddick gets traded but the edge class simply isn’t great and I don’t know if they like Robinson, Latu or Verse so much they’re willing to trade up for one of them;

2) They added Parker and Campbell but I’m pretty sure they’ll take a WR in the 2nd or in that 4th/5th round range (Rice?!). Probably someone versatile enough who can play outside and in the slot;

3) They have nothing behind Goedert, Dallas misses a couple of games every year and slowly but surely he’s getting up there in age. We need a better backup / 2nd TE, eventually a successor;

4) I think they should but the question is; do they?! Let’s assume you draft a Cooper or Wilson in the 2nd round and White is your No.1 LB, do you start ‘m over Dean if he’s 100 % healthy?! You only do that if you’ve already given up on Dean. Question is; have they?! Plus; they signed Burks, Baum in FA, got Okwara earlier and VanSummeren showed promise. Howie might think he’s done enough there. I’d take Wilson or Cooper in the 2nd cause I don’t think Dean is the answer (let’s hope I’m wrong). Health is the issue…

5) I don’t think so in a Fangio scheme although I want one early. Heck…I would trade two 1st and change for Surtain or move up for Arnold or Mitchell. Waiting for a first round CB for 22 years now. About time!

6) 4 maybe 5 I guess but fully expect them to address that in FA and not in the draft (at least not early). Still think either Blackmon or Simmons will sign here or they trade for one;

7) On day 3 and after the draft (UDFA’s) you hope to find gems. Eagles always do. Last year it was Ricks, year before Blankenship, we had an UDFA RB to help us win the SB (Clement), tons of OL-men who became quality backup’s and eventually got payed in FA. I think Howie and our FO became pretty good at it.

• Like 1

That's the hardest part and usually i do 2 mocks... what I would do and what I think Howie will do...

3 hours ago, Breeze 44 said:

That's the hardest part and usually i do 2 mocks... what I would do and what I think Howie will do...

Exactly! I have them taking corners in the first for about 15 years now but the closer we get to the draft, the more I start deviating from that dream.

I would love someone like Wiggins (so skinny), DeJean (S or CB?) or McKinstry (poor man’s Surtain) but they never do that! Howie rather trades for a corner than draft one himself early. It is what it is…

So it’s back to the drawing board and ending up with a tackle or pass rusher.

It’s Groundhog Day all over again…

• Like 1

Well Ray, what more is there to say. 

By the way  Ray, that's my middle name.

Indeed, Howie does have alot to say. He has become the maestro of GMs. To be honest, he has become the front man for an entire organization that is a model of excellance. He is following in the footsteps of Andy Reed, who has set the tone for the Eagles over 20 years ago. 

Thanks for showing your concern. I have learned to accept that this organization will do as they please, and for the most part do a masterfull job of maintaining a winning team. Take my word for it, we've come a long way since the dog days of Joe Kuharich. When competing with 31 other teams, you can't win them all. Nevertheless, this is Philly, afterall, so we are all going to second-guess every move that is made.

Back to my questions:

1. If we want an OT in the first round, who would be the best fit, why and will he be there at pick #22?
  2. Do we resort to place-holders at WR (again)? Would you consider another WR in round 1? Who would be worthwhile picking on day 3?
  3. Is this the year to address TE?
  4. What role is most important/lacking at LB? Does SLB exist anymore or is that now a hybrid/part-time/situational response?
  5. Indeed, the ideal would be 4 or 5 shut-down DBs that can play multiple roles. What is the best alternative solution?
  6. We have several talented young DBs; how can we best exploit them?
  7. I just hope that we can land at least 3 or 4 "keepers" this draft, unlike 2020 (no Jefferson, ugh!).

41 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

Exactly! I have them taking corners in the first for about 15 years now but the closer we get to the draft, the more I start deviating from that dream.

I would love someone like Wiggins (so skinny), DeJean (S or CB?) or McKinstry (poor man’s Surtain) but they never do that! Howie rather trades for a corner than draft one himself early. It is what it is…

So it’s back to the drawing board and ending up with a tackle or pass rusher.

It’s Groundhog Day all over again…

Keep in mind, what position players most often retire with 10 or more years in Eagles green? Dawkins? McNabb? Who else?

P.S. off to the gym.

34 minutes ago, Crazy Legs said:

Keep in mind, what position players most often retire with 10 or more years in Eagles green? Dawkins? McNabb? Who else?

P.S. off to the gym.

The two that just retired, BG. NFL life expectancy for QB’s and linemen is the longest.

Kelce, Cox, BG are all time greats like Dawk but the latter played last years in Denver and the others their entire careers in midnight green.

44 minutes ago, Crazy Legs said:

Well Ray, what more is there to say. 

By the way  Ray, that's my middle name.

Indeed, Howie does have alot to say. He has become the maestro of GMs. To be honest, he has become the front man for an entire organization that is a model of excellance. He is following in the footsteps of Andy Reed, who has set the tone for the Eagles over 20 years ago. 

Thanks for showing your concern. I have learned to accept that this organization will do as they please, and for the most part do a masterfull job of maintaining a winning team. Take my word for it, we've come a long way since the dog days of Joe Kuharich. When competing with 31 other teams, you can't win them all. Nevertheless, this is Philly, afterall, so we are all going to second-guess every move that is made.

Back to my questions:

1. If we want an OT in the first round, who would be the best fit, why and will he be there at pick #22?
  2. Do we resort to place-holders at WR (again)? Would you consider another WR in round 1? Who would be worthwhile picking on day 3?
  3. Is this the year to address TE?
  4. What role is most important/lacking at LB? Does SLB exist anymore or is that now a hybrid/part-time/situational response?
  5. Indeed, the ideal would be 4 or 5 shut-down DBs that can play multiple roles. What is the best alternative solution?
  6. We have several talented young DBs; how can we best exploit them?
  7. I just hope that we can land at least 3 or 4 "keepers" this draft, unlike 2020 (no Jefferson, ugh!).

1) Tyler Guyton but my favorite is Troy Fautanu but we’d probably have to trade up. Mims and Latham are also options in that 20-30 range;

2) I would absolutely consider taking a WR like Worthy in round one but economically it’s not the smartest move IMO. I’d take one in the 2nd or 4th.

3) IMO definitely yes but beyond Bowers and Sanders I’m not in love with the options; Bell or Johnson might do but I don’t view them as possible Goedert successors;

4) one who can do it all. Need to be multidimensional like Payton Wilson but the injury history scares me;

5) sign Simmons for two years, develop Sydney Brown properly and draft a CB high that can do it all (zone, off man, press). Only a handful that can do that;

6) just let them play…

7) I started the Jefferson topic in "I want the Eagles to get” months before the draft. FO overthought it. Wanted a speedster and chose Reagor for all the wrong reasons. In that class, I had Jefferson as receiver No.1 from the get go. Was yelling at the tv when they announced the pick. Last couple of drafts were good so fingers crossed…

1. It's got to be either OT or CB...we can't satisfy both needs in April. BTW, either pick would probably have to understudy for at least one season. It's nice to be able to do that.

2. How about Ricky Piersal, Florida , Roman Wilson, Michigan, or Malachi McCorley,  WVU as our next slot receiver in round 2?

3. I think Theo drew alot of attention to himself at the combine and won't make it to round 4. Hopefully, he doesn't become another Mike Mamula (or Paris Campbell).

4. The pickings are slim. Should we invest a second?

5, I'd love to land Simmons. That would probably push us over the top. Do it Howie PLEASE!

6. Yes. We need to see what we have now. Address next year if need be.

7. I reacted the same way in 2020. You can't bat 1,000, but it really hurts when you have too many misses.

Regarding day 3, here are some of our hits this century:

• Correll Buckhalter
  • A. J. Feeley
  • Tod Herremans
  • Trent Cole
  • Jason Avant
  • Brent Celek
  • King Dunlap
  • Macho Harris
  • Riley Cooper
  • JASON KELSE
  • Jordan Poyer
  • Beau Allen
  • H. Vaitai
  • Jalen Mills
  • Mack Hollins
  • Avonte Maddox
  • Josh Sweat
  • Jordan Mailata
  • Jack Driscoll

This amounts to about 1 hit verus 3 misses on average each year, about half of whom managed to start for at least several years somewhere in the NFL.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Crazy Legs said:

1. It's got to be either OT or CB...we can't satisfy both needs in April. BTW, either pick would probably have to understudy for at least one season. It's nice to be able to do that.

2. How about Ricky Piersal, Florida , Roman Wilson, Michigan, or Malachi McCorley,  WVU as our next slot receiver in round 2?

3. I think Theo drew alot of attention to himself at the combine and won't make it to round 4. Hopefully, he doesn't become another Mike Mamula (or Paris Campbell).

4. The pickings are slim. Should we invest a second?

5, I'd love to land Simmons. That would probably push us over the top. Do it Howie PLEASE!

6. Yes. We need to see what we have now. Address next year if need be.

7. I reacted the same way in 2020. You can't bat 1,000, but it really hurts when you have too many misses.

Regarding day 3, here are some of our hits this century:

• Correll Buckhalter
  • A. J. Feeley
  • Tod Herremans
  • Trent Cole
  • Jason Avant
  • Brent Celek
  • King Dunlap
  • Macho Harris
  • Riley Cooper
  • JASON KELSE
  • Jordan Poyer
  • Beau Allen
  • H. Vaitai
  • Jalen Mills
  • Mack Hollins
  • Avonte Maddox
  • Josh Sweat
  • Jordan Mailata
  • Jack Driscoll

This amounts to about 1 hit verus 3 misses on average each year, about half of whom managed to start for at least several years somewhere in the NFL.

Not bad at all…

1) the fact that Reddick is on the trade block, the fact they restructured but didn’t extend Sweat’s contract and invited Latu for a top 30 visit, gives me the feeling a pass rusher is definitely in play in the first;

2) Love those WR’s. Wilson and McCorley are 2nd round locks I think, Piersal probably won’t make it to pick #120;

3) Agreed! Johnson probably won’t make it out of the 3rd round;

4) in a lb?! I would but will Howie?! I think if he drafts a LB it won’t be in the 2nd round. Keep an eye on Jaylon Ford in that 3rd to 4rd round range. I know they don’t have a 3…yet…but that could change once they trade Reddick. Minimum asking price IMO;

5) depends on the price I guess. I’d also be down with Blackmon but his injury history scares me a bit but when healthy a fine young safety;

6) I would add one CB…my favorites Mitchell, Arnold, Melton, Lassiter and DeJean. Took Tampa in this mock cause he has the size, athleticism and skill set to play on the outside whether in zone, press or coverage. Personally I prefer the somewhat smaller more athletic feisty corners. You know…the Jairy Alexander, Trent McDuffy, Tredavious White type of corners. Slay is also in that mold. The ones I mentioned fit that bill;

7) Fingers crossed! I haven’t yelled at the screen since 2020. In fact…Howie surprised the heck out of me in a good way…

@Infam @Crazy Legs @Breeze 44 @Rob331 @UK_EaglesFan89

Gimme your top 5 realistic draft targets at #22…

Mine;

Cooper DeJean, Chop Robinson, JC Latham, Amari Mims, Jer’Zhan "Johnny” Newton

Just mist the cut; Tyler Guyton, Kool Aid McKinstry (like them but at #22 slight reach IMO)

Some tidbits;

Huge fan of Max Melton but #22 is too early for him. Wiggins is too skinny for my taste. Not convinced both Mizzou corners would be good fits (good tacklers but skinny), gimme Tampa or Lassiter over both of them in the 2nd round. Latu we have to trade up for. Same can be said about Verse and Fautanu. I believe Mitchell and Arnold are out of reach. Don’t want them to draft a WR in the first.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ray75 said:

@Infam @Crazy Legs @Breeze 44 @Rob331 @UK_EaglesFan89

Gimme your top 5 realistic draft targets at #22…

Mine;

Cooper DeJean, Chop Robinson, JC Latham, Amari Mims, Jer’Zhan "Johnny” Newton

Just mist the cut; Tyler Guyton, Kool Aid McKinstry (like them but at #22 slight reach IMO)

Some tidbits;

Huge fan of Max Melton but #22 is too early for him. Wiggins is too skinny for my taste. Not convinced both Mizzou corners would be good fits (good tacklers but skinny), gimme Tampa or Lassiter over both of them in the 2nd round. Latu we have to trade up for. Same can be said about Verse and Fautanu. I believe Mitchell and Arnold are out of reach. Don’t want them to draft a WR in the first.

DeJean is definitely in play at #22. I think this is a really difficult draft to figure out though. Lots of QBs are going to go early which will push really good players down the board. If we fall in love with a player I can see Howie moving up to get them. I’m not sure though that this is a best draft in terms of top end quality.