Fate of Former Eagles

time2rock

2 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I agree I know he gets trashed a lot but the guy I think some of it is unwarranted

The kid had 5 passes defended, 2.5 sacks, and 2 interceptions last season. He also scored a touchdown. That’s not terrible, but he’s just not consistent right now. I agree though. He’s not as bad as many like to make him out to be. 

11 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

The kid had 5 passes defended, 2.5 sacks, and 2 interceptions last season. He also scored a touchdown. That’s not terrible, but he’s just not consistent right now. I agree though. He’s not as bad as many like to make him out to be. 

Absolutely not,  the guy gives effort and I think he can get better. He was a safety in college just needs to get comfortable and I think he is reaching that point by how much everyone likes him and another year he is in the system as linebacker

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Absolutely not,  the guy gives effort and I think he can get better. He was a safety in college just needs to get comfortable and I think he is reaching that point by how much everyone likes him and another year he is in the system as linebacker

He’s not some 250 pound linebacker capable of shedding the blocks of over 300 pound linemen. I don’t even think he’s 220 pounds. 😂 Anyways a guy like that needs the defensive line to keep those big bodies off him in order to make plays. Him at linebacker is basically having another defensive back out there. 

5 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

He’s not some 250 pound linebacker capable of shedding the blocks of over 300 pound linemen. I don’t even think he’s 220 pounds. 😂 Anyways a guy like that needs the defensive line to keep those big bodies off him in order to make plays. Him at linebacker is basically having another defensive back out there. 

True. I think he is smart and knows what is going on out there just a bit undersized to execute what he wants too

3 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I’m pretty much out on Bradham right now. The way he failed to stick down there and how he couldn’t even beat out their young linebackers makes me think he doesn’t have much left. 

Apparently he was a cap casualty. Which means hes likely to be had for cheap.

19 hours ago, time2rock said:

Well the Nigel Bradham experiment in NO didn't last long ... they've already cut him.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/08/24/saints-cut-nigel-bradham/

That's funny, after his comments saying that the Eagles weren't a 'winning franchise'. Maybe he wishes he hadn't said that, now. lol

Maybe he can sign with the Browns, they have a long history of being a 'winning franchise.'

• Like 2

19 hours ago, EagleMatt said:

Apparently he was a cap casualty. Which means hes likely to be had for cheap.

So the Saints sign a guy only to cut him a week later because of the cap? That doesn’t sound like the type of move a "winning franchise” would make. I think I would rather see the Eagles make a move for another pass rush player than a linebacker. Right now they do not get to the quarterback enough to disrupt the opposing offense. That is a bigger priority IMO. 

• Like 2

On 8/24/2020 at 6:03 PM, EazyEaglez said:

I’m pretty much out on Bradham right now. The way he failed to stick down there and how he couldn’t even beat out their young linebackers makes me think he doesn’t have much left. 

I think if there are any injuries, in the LB group, the remainder of TC. Then Bradham maybe a consideration,  as he knows the system inside out, as they would be scraping the barrel... Perhaps, he couldn't adapt so quickly to the Saints defense.

1 hour ago, Robmarina9 said:

I think if there are any injuries, in the LB group, the remainder of TC. Then Bradham maybe a consideration,  as he knows the system inside out, as they would be scraping the barrel... Perhaps, he couldn't adapt so quickly to the Saints defense.

He may not want to come to a 'losing franchise' though... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robmarina9 said:

I’m hoping these young (and for many, untested) LBs we now have on our roster play well enough that we don’t need to consider bringing back Bradham or sign any vets that get cast off during roster cuts.  Like the youth movement at WR, I am really hoping to build a solid nucleus of young LBs (all on cheap rookie contracts) that can all grow together.  Next it would be great to do the same at DE and CB.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, time2rock said:

I’m hoping these young (and for many, untested) LBs we now have on our roster play well enough that we don’t need to consider bringing back Bradham or sign any vets that get cast off during roster cuts.  Like the youth movement at WR, I am really hoping to build a solid nucleus of young LBs (all on cheap rookie contracts) that can all grow together.  Next it would be great to do the same at DE and CB.  

I agree and frankly it would be nice to see a player the Eagles drafted take off and become a solid linebacker for them. I want to see the kids get a shot. The receivers too. 

5 hours ago, Robmarina9 said:

The season hasn’t even started yet and I have had my fill of injuries. No sense rooting for more of them just so they can bring back Bradham who frankly wasn’t that good last season. 

7 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I agree and frankly it would be nice to see a player the Eagles drafted take off and become a solid linebacker for them. I want to see the kids get a shot. The receivers too. 

The last time we had a pair of solid young LBs that we drafted was Kendricks ('12) and Hicks ('15).  It's a shame Hicks couldn't stay healthy (so tired of saying that about our players!).  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, time2rock said:

The last time we had a pair of solid young LBs that we drafted was Kendricks ('12) and Hicks ('15).  It's a shame Hicks couldn't stay healthy (so tired of saying that about our players!).  

I couldn't agree more.

Baron Browning is an intriguing LB'er at Ohio State. better as a WILL but could fill in at Mike in a pinch. Should be around in the 2nd-4th rounds somewhere.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, time2rock said:

Maybe it’s just me, but it sure does seem like the Eagles pick a lot of players with injury histories in college too. I guess we shouldn’t be all that surprised when those histories show themselves in the pros. 

32 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/report_nick_foles_leading_bears_qb_competition/s1_127_32742419

According to this it seems that Foles has an edge in the QB competition for the Bears. I wish him all the best except against the Eagles of course.

Same here.  Always like Nick (even before the SB).  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Same here.  Always like Nick (even before the SB).  

I still to this day believe that Chip Kelly would not have had any NFL success if it weren’t for Nick Foles. Look at his win/loss record in the NFL with any QB not named Foles and it’s obvious that guy was a fraud. It’s a shame Nick never really got a chance to develop anywhere. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/report_nick_foles_leading_bears_qb_competition/s1_127_32742419

According to this it seems that Foles has an edge in the QB competition for the Bears. I wish him all the best except against the Eagles of course.

He will be hurt by week 2

37 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I still to this day believe that Chip Kelly would not have had any NFL success if it weren’t for Nick Foles. Look at his win/loss record in the NFL with any QB not named Foles and it’s obvious that guy was a fraud. It’s a shame Nick never really got a chance to develop anywhere. 

I do wish he would have stayed on and continued to backup Wentz.  But completely understand the motivation to wanting to be a starting QB.  It’s just the opportunities have been terrible situations.  LA under Fisher, Jacksonville.  Will be interesting to see how he does now in Chicago - should be a better situation than anywhere else he has been (except here).

• Like 1

Just now, time2rock said:

I do wish he would have stayed on and continued to backup Wentz.  But completely understand the motivation to wanting to be a starting QB.  It’s just the opportunities have been terrible situations.  LA under Fisher, Jacksonville.  Will be interesting to see how he does now in Chicago.  

Similar systems and coaching out there. We will see how it goes for him.