Fate of Former Eagles

time2rock

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Splash the cash Howie...

Yep, when we only have 1 RB, 1 TE, and 0 LBs and down to a practice squad OL it only makes sense to add another body to the strongest position group.  :lol:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, time2rock said:

Yep, when we only have 1 RB, 1 TE, and 0 LBs and down to a practice squad OL it only makes sense to add another body to the strongest position group.  :lol:

Seems to be the Howie way... Neglect certain positions, over compensate at others. 

Might as well post up the Nick Foles stuff:

https://www.nfl.com/news/bears-bench-mitchell-trubisky-for-nick-foles-against-atlanta-falcons

https://www.chicagobears.com/news/nagy-names-foles-bears-starting-quarterback

4) Nick Foles

Don't let the rightful headline of another Dan Quinn choke job trump the latest chapter in the wild Nick Foles experience. Mitchell Trubisky gets benched, Foles comes in, and the Bears go from down 16 points and lifeless to 30-26 winners and 3-0.

As we've come to expect from the best long reliever since Goose Gossage, Foles was tough and terrific. He rescued the Bears, throwing three touchdown passes, including the go-ahead score with less than two minutes remaining, where Foles hung in the pocket and took a shot while delivering a dime to Anthony Miller.

It was always inexplicable for the Bears to start the season with Mitch under center -- a face-saving effort by the folks who took Trubisky over Patrick Mahomes and Deshaun Watson. But it's over now. Trubisky's a bust, and that draft decision was a blunder of epic proportions. Bears coach Matt Nagy rightly announced on Monday that Foles will start Sunday's game against Indianapolis. Good. Admit the failure and move on. Now that Chicago's gotten a taste of Foles magic, there is no (non-injury) reason for Mitch to take the field for the Bears ever again. 

• Like 1

Kendricks is scheduled to visit SEA. Why not here? During his tenure here, did Kendricks have issues with Schwartz? I'm pretty sure he didn't like Howie. But, it's a little different when it's hate for the DC vs the GM. I thought his sentencing was coming up this month???

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Got to figure he's more or less done if he can't even hold down a rotational gig on bad teams. He was never quite as good as advertised and that only got worse post back surgery, damn  just read he's still only 28, I figured he was 32-33?

4 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

That's a shame. I mean it depends how he recovers from the ACL injury but I really did think as a rotational guy he could have been pretty good. 

Yep, no doubt.  I feel the same.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, time2rock said:

Yep, no doubt.  I feel the same.

He certainly flashed in TC and preseason last year. I think he could have added something and I think this year would have been a good year to see what we have there. Oh well. 

On 10/27/2020 at 3:19 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

That's a shame. I mean it depends how he recovers from the ACL injury but I really did think as a rotational guy he could have been pretty good. 

Carolina gave up on him way too early. He was a beast in preseason for us last year and I was looking forward to seeing him get a legit chance to contribute here. The injury last year was maddening. I wish him well.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, brkmsn said:

Carolina gave up on him way too early. He was a beast in preseason for us last year and I was looking forward to seeing him get a legit chance to contribute here. The injury last year was maddening. I wish him well.

Agreed. It was so unfortunate as well that he really didn't get many opportunities until that final game of the year, and then didn't the injury occur on the final play?

56 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

The 49ers will be his 5th team in his 8 seasons in the league. 

And chip traded Shady for him. Still boils my blood.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, manz2821 said:

And chip traded Shady for him. Still boils my blood.

THAT began my hate for ol chip....I hated that trade.....just totally unnecessary....

• Like 1