Fate of Former Eagles

time2rock

5 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Mills missed three key tackles in the Browns game and two of them the guy basically jumped over him. He also fell for the laziest double move ever. Mills stinks as a safety. Also considering how much money this team is wasting on players doing nothing for them (JJAW, Peters, Johnson, Jeffery, and Jackson just to name a few) I think we could have dumped a lot of other guys over him. 

Mills played probably his worst game, no doubt. I was one of the people that didn't want to lose Jenkins. I mean, the dude never missed a snap, played special teams, was a leader, etc... I wish he would have never made a big deal about his contract. On a team with so many injuries each year, he earned his money.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Mills played probably his worst game, no doubt. I was one of the people that didn't want to lose Jenkins. I mean, the dude never missed a snap, played special teams, was a leader, etc... I wish he would have never made a big deal about his contract. On a team with so many injuries each year, he earned his money.

I’ve been a guy who has supported Mills more than most, but I don’t like the fit at safety. He hast be horrible for the most part, but he hasn’t. Been outstanding, but against Cleveland he was putrid. One a side note it’s not like Avante Maddox has been great either. One has to wonder (with all the former Eagles doing fairly well in their new locations) how much of this stuff is scheme and how much is about talent. If they keep giving 5-10 yard cushions on 3rd and 5 or less I don’t expect much to change. 

• Like 2

Problem is that Jim is playing Mills more as a in the box safety when he a deep coverage safety. Just like hes playing Maddox on the outside when all his success in college was in the nickel. Once again Jim is putting players out of position and is making them look bad. Its all almost over though and soon we should have a new DC. Thank god, been waiting for this since 2018.

On 11/27/2020 at 4:50 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

And yet contributed to a SB winning season. 

He did, and I will always consider him an Eagles Champion, and I will always be glad he’s gone. 

8 hours ago, time2rock said:

Will Parks re-signed by Denver.

https://heavy.com/sports/former-eagles-players-tryouts-nfl-rumors/

Also mentions Shareef Miller getting worked out by Pittsburgh and Adrian Killins by Tampa Bay.

My god if Miller goes to Pittsburgh and gets playing time and looks even half decent. Sure it's a long shot but my god. 

54 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

My god if Miller goes to Pittsburgh and gets playing time and looks even half decent. Sure it's a long shot but my god. 

he wont. he was always a scrub, even in college

4 hours ago, time2rock said:

Blount announces his retirement.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/12/05/legarrette-blount-announces-his-retirement/

Loved what he brought to the 2017 team.  Best of luck in his retirement.  

He was a big part of making 2017 so fun. As amazing as Foles was in the Super Bowl, Blount had an amazing TD run in that game. Plus he had a great run to set up the Alshon TD. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

He was a big part of making 2017 so fun. As amazing as Foles was in the Super Bowl, Blount had an amazing TD run in that game. Plus he had a great run to set up the Ashton TD. 

Dude, Where's My Car? Cast and Crew | TV Guide

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Never got drafting him that high.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/5/2020 at 9:07 AM, EagleJoe8 said:

He was a big part of making 2017 so fun. As amazing as Foles was in the Super Bowl, Blount had an amazing TD run in that game. Plus he had a great run to set up the Alshon TD. 

His TD run against the Vikings in the NFC Championship was awesome too.  Just ran that damn guy over.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, time2rock said:

At least with Cam throwing the ball vaguely in his direction Aggy's unlikely to have another career season and really show the Eagles whole ass as talent evaluators and developers. 

5 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I'll be interested to see how much he got. On the EMB, he and Douglas were both said to have excellent seasons, but I think that may have been exaggerated and used as a way to complain about Howie and Schwartz. Like all but 75 people or so, I watched approximately 0 minutes of Jaguars football last year, so I really have no idea.

• Like 1

Just now, Kz! said:

I'll be interested to see how much he got. On the EMB, he and Douglas were both said to have excellent seasons, but I think that may have been exaggerated and used as a way to complain about Howie and Schwartz. Like all but 75 people or so, I watched approximately 0 minutes of Jaguars football last year, so I really have no idea.

Douglas was fine, he will get interest on the market because of his age... I feel like he went on an early season streak where he was really good and then plummeted back down to reality for a slightly above average year. I couldn't tell you a singe thing about Jones' performance except he had a few picks and then got injured again. I think both players' performance was exaggerated by this fanbase, although they played better elsewhere than when they were in midnight green.