Fate of Former Eagles

time2rock

I look forward to talking about Reagor in this thread.  

• Like 3

7 hours ago, time2rock said:

Belichek will turn him into a decent player. 

On 4/9/2022 at 11:34 AM, time2rock said:

:nonono:

I understand the doubt. But wouldn't it just be nicer to look forward to him getting his career on track? Just because someone has been a disappointment, doesn't mean we have to wish for failure. 

25 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

I understand the doubt. But wouldn't it just be nicer to look forward to him getting his career on track? Just because someone has been a disappointment, doesn't mean we have to wish for failure. 

The failure has already happened. Now we want to replace him with a non failure. So I for one would like to see guys like him and jjaw not take up anymore roster space

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, greend said:

The failure has already happened. Now we want to replace him with a non failure. So I for one would like to see guys like him and jjaw not take up anymore roster space

Who is this guaranteed "non-failure?" I'm all for people winning the job. If he's as bad this year as you expect, pretty much anybody should be able to take his job and roster spot. Or we could, you know, since he's under contract and on the roster, let him compete for the job.

38 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

I am not wishing for failure … I’m just not expecting anything other than it.  There is a difference.  I’d be beyond stoked if he broke out and became a legitimate threat/playmaker.    I just don’t see it happening.  Hope he proves me wrong.

1 minute ago, time2rock said:

I am not wishing for failure … I’m just not expecting anything other than it.  There is a difference.  I’d be beyond stoked if he broke out and became a legitimate threat/playmaker.    I just don’t see it happening.  Hope he proves me wrong.

Again, I understand the doubt. I just don't understand "looking forward" to his imminent failure. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brkmsn said:

Again, I understand the doubt. I just don't understand "looking forward" to his imminent failure. 

Point taken.

11 hours ago, brkmsn said:

Who is this guaranteed "non-failure?" I'm all for people winning the job. If he's as bad this year as you expect, pretty much anybody should be able to take his job and roster spot. Or we could, you know, since he's under contract and on the roster, let him compete for the job.

Ridiculous,  first there is nothing wrong in hoping that bad players go away. Second more of a chance for someone to come along and be a better player than he is then wasting a spot "hoping he gets better" that's what get coaches fired. 

Sure he'll be here in training camp but I  hope that someone gets drafted or gets picked up that out performs the 2 idiots that have already wasted a ton of precious time and a roster spot on our team.

Why do you care if the team gets better? Are you friends with these guys?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, greend said:

Ridiculous,  first there is nothing wrong in hoping that bad players go away. Second more of a chance for someone to come along and be a better player than he is then wasting a spot "hoping he gets better" that's what get coaches fired. 

Sure he'll be here in training camp but I  hope that someone gets drafted or gets picked up that out performs the 2 idiots that have already wasted a ton of precious time and a roster spot on our team.

Why do you care if the team gets better? Are you friends with these guys?

I absolutely want the team to get better. I just don't rule out the possibility of individual players (we currently have) improving. While they are here, I'll be rooting for them. 

50 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

I absolutely want the team to get better. I just don't rule out the possibility of individual players (we currently have) improving. While they are here, I'll be rooting for them. 

And while they are here and suck people will be rooting for them to go suck somewhere else.

On 4/11/2022 at 10:45 AM, D-Shiznit said:

Really no surprise.  

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

Steve Nelson signing with Houston.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/04/13/texans-signing-steven-nelson/

2 year, $10M ... he did not in fact 'get paid' (as Slay suggested he would).

Looks like Slay doesn't know much more about CB personnel than he does about QB.

https://insidetheiggles.com/2022/02/02/darius-slay-jalen-hurts-wilson-stafford/

• Like 1

On 4/13/2022 at 11:29 AM, time2rock said:

Really no surprise.  

Cant help but laugh but will also laugh if he lights our team up. Can't wait to face Washington, going to be chippy high stakes based on principle and Wentz. Totally expecting at least one fight and each game to be close. 

8 hours ago, NITEF4LL said:

Cant help but laugh but will also laugh if he lights our team up. Can't wait to face Washington, going to be chippy high stakes based on principle and Wentz. Totally expecting at least one fight and each game to be close. 

I expect zero fights

8 hours ago, NITEF4LL said:

Go on... 

14 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Go on... 

🤣🤣 exaggeration on  my part. NFCE is musical chairs and i believe Washington will be decent, dare i say competitive. So hopefully we are having a nice season as well. 

On 4/15/2022 at 4:34 AM, NITEF4LL said:

If we sort our secondary out so it can maintain coverage beyond 0.5 seconds, we'll sack Wentz at least 5 times in each game 

On 4/18/2022 at 6:11 AM, Cochis_Calhoun said:

If we sort our secondary out so it can maintain coverage beyond 0.5 seconds, we'll sack Wentz at least 5 times in each game 

Soooooo, no sacks then?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, greend said:

Soooooo, no sacks then?

Yeah he'll torch us for about 800 yards.

On 4/13/2022 at 11:29 AM, time2rock said:

Really no surprise.  

According to reports only one team supposedly bid against the Colts for his services. Not too many teams fawning over an injury prone guy who thinks he’s better than he really is with a barely over .500 career win/loss record. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

According to reports only one team supposedly bid against the Colts for his services. Not too many teams fawning over an injury prone guy who thinks he’s better than he really is with a barely over .500 career win/loss record. 

Up until the injury in 2017, I thought for sure we had something special.  :nonono:

• Like 2

On 4/20/2022 at 6:30 PM, time2rock said:

Up until the injury in 2017, I thought for sure we had something special.  :nonono:

Even with the injury, I did. I can't argue with what we got in the trade for him, pick wise. But I'd have liked to have seen him for another season (along with Doug). If he truly is un-coachable though, I guess it's best to just move on. Even if that means wondering in the wilderness for a couple of seasons. 

• Like 1