Fate of Former Eagles

time2rock

2 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

Awesome. That's one team we won't have to worry about this year.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, eaglegenius said:

Awesome. That's one team we won't have to worry about this year.

I don't agree. They have talent on that defense. Chase will be healthy.

And they have talent on the offense outside of QB. Wentz may not be a great upgrade, but he is still better than what they have had the last couple seasons. Who knows maybe he gets back near 2017 performance and in that case they are a real problem for us. I wouldn't write Washington off and dismiss them. Giants? Okay.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

I’m not a fan of Cousins, because he doesn’t really win. He has had some serious talent around him and he doesn’t take them anywhere. 

That's cause he doesn't the dumbest sheet on planet earth in crunch time, maybe even dumber than Wentz. 

If you want some laughs head on over to around the NFL. You should especially love the article saying that Carson was pissed that the eagles won a super bowl without him lol. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Wentz hasn't had another season like his 2017, Wentz has 2 seasons over 3500yds including one over 4000yds, Cousins has 7 over 3500 including 6 over 4000 yards, Cousins has 7 straight years with 25+ TD's, Wentz hasn't managed consecutive 25 TD seasons.

Cousins is a better QB, who is talked down because he's such a morbidly uncool dork.

Comparing those two is the equivalent of saying Rosie O’Donnell is hotter than Roseanne Barr. 

• Haha 2

Wentz to the Washington Commanders. He will be our tackling dummy, twice a year.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jsdarkstar said:

Wentz to the Washington Commanders. He will be our tackling dummy, twice a year.

Even more reason to get a stud DE or DT this off-season.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Commandos at the Linc, whoo boy.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33462068/washington-commanders-trading-indianapolis-colts-qb-carson-wentz-sources-say%3fplatform=amp

The Colts will receive the Commanders' third-round picks in 2022 and 2023, sources told Schefter. The 2023 third-rounder can become a second-round selection if Wentz plays 70% of Washington's snaps. The teams also swapped second-round picks in 2022, with the Colts moving up from No. 47 overall to No. 42.

Sources told Schefter that Washington will pay the full $28 million due to Wentz for the 2022 season, which includes a $5 million roster bonus coming next week.

16 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Commandos at the Linc, whoo boy.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33462068/washington-commanders-trading-indianapolis-colts-qb-carson-wentz-sources-say%3fplatform=amp

The Colts will receive the Commanders' third-round picks in 2022 and 2023, sources told Schefter. The 2023 third-rounder can become a second-round selection if Wentz plays 70% of Washington's snaps. The teams also swapped second-round picks in 2022, with the Colts moving up from No. 47 overall to No. 42.

Sources told Schefter that Washington will pay the full $28 million due to Wentz for the 2022 season, which includes a $5 million roster bonus coming next week.

The 2nd sentence is funny AF.  Now Indy will have the Wentz snap tracker going next season!  :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Soon the Colts get rid of him before we could even spend their picks..... lol.

I hope when we play them every player on the birds that was here while he was here frosts him. Except for Hurts...... I hope he waves and says " thanks bro "

BUT on another note..... finally our players will be catching his passes.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Devaster said:

I don't agree. They have talent on that defense. Chase will be healthy.

And they have talent on the offense outside of QB. Wentz may not be a great upgrade, but he is still better than what they have had the last couple seasons. Who knows maybe he gets back near 2017 performance and in that case they are a real problem for us. I wouldn't write Washington off and dismiss them. Giants? Okay.

I feel Wentz is kind of like Jay Cutler. He's capable of having a hot streak where he seems amazing or a cold streak where you have to wonder if he's the guy. McLaurin will probably have a big year.

5 hours ago, Steve 17 said:

Soon the Colts get rid of him before we could even spend their picks..... lol.

I hope when we play them every player on the birds that was here while he was here frosts him. Except for Hurts...... I hope he waves and says " thanks bro "

BUT on another note..... finally our players will be catching his passes.

😂🤣😂

5 hours ago, brkmsn said:

I feel Wentz is kind of like Jay Cutler. He's capable of having a hot streak where he seems amazing or a cold streak where you have to wonder if he's the guy. McLaurin will probably have a big year.

He’s more of a TE big year kind of guy though. Receivers don’t get a lot of big years from him. 

With Jordan Hicks being released by the Cards, does anyone feel like we should give him another shot?  He hasn't missed a game in all 3 years with them and we could really use LB help, as always.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Dweedlebug said:

With Jordan Hicks being released by the Cards, does anyone feel like we should give him another shot?  He hasn't missed a game in all 3 years with them and we could really use LB help, as always.

I’d take him back, but the amount of bubble wrap we’d need to protect him could eat up whatever cap space we have left. 

Just now, EagleJoe8 said:

I’d take him back, but the amount of bubble wrap we’d need to protect him could eat up whatever cap space we have left. 

Like I said, he hasn't missed a game in all 3 years with the Cards.

5 minutes ago, Dweedlebug said:

Like I said, he hasn't missed a game in all 3 years with the Cards.

There’s something in our water apparently. 

In all seriousness though, I’d take him back. 

3 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

He’s more of a TE big year kind of guy though. Receivers don’t get a lot of big years from him. 

I think he really liked having DJax, but Jackson couldn't stay on the field. 

9 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

I think he really liked having DJax, but Jackson couldn't stay on the field. 

Yeah it’s fleeting type stuff just like the Fulgham stuff was. 

Next Year games with the Commanders will be as much fun, as watching Eagles play Dallas. I am looking forward to getting a stud DE in the draft who will sack Wentz at least twice in each game.

14 minutes ago, Traveler Vic said:

Next Year games with the Commanders will be as much fun, as watching Eagles play Dallas. I am looking forward to getting a stud DE in the draft who will sack Wentz at least twice in each game.

Hopefully, those sacks won’t be wiped out by Barnett being offsides. 

20 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I'll be somewhat irritated if Barnett is in an Eagles uniform again next year.  He seems like a player that has hit his ceiling which is just average but has to many boneheaded moments to want him back.  If I had to guess he should still get paid fairly decently in free agency though ... more than I would like to see us spend on him.  I'd sooner spend 2 relatively high draft picks to bolster the pass rush and let him walk (hoping maybe we collect a comp pick in 2023).  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Barnett should not be on the team, let him walk in FA. Draft a 1st round DE, there are some nice prospects. Also draft another at some point. I like Graham but he won't be around much longer. It's a good draft class to capitalize on DE.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Barnett should not be on the team, let him walk in FA. Draft a 1st round DE, there are some nice prospects. Also draft another at some point. I like Graham but he won't be around much longer. It's a good draft class to capitalize on DE.

And hopefully not with a repeat of the Shareef Miller debacle. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

And hopefully not with a repeat of the Shareef Miller debacle. 

Typical Howie to get the Donell Pumphrey of a good DE drafting class.if Howie goes against his own instincts he just might draft a legit player.