Fate of Former Eagles

time2rock

On 4/20/2022 at 6:30 PM, time2rock said:

Up until the injury in 2017, I thought for sure we had something special.  :nonono:

Honestly I thought he was on his way to becoming one of the best players in football. His jump from year one to year two was that enormous. Once the injury happened and the reports started to leak after the bowl I started to question it. By the time they let Foles go and it was his show alone I had serious doubts. More rumors came out and the play was not leading to wins. When I was truly done with him was when he gave up on the Eagles. Ultimately the guy ruined his career, because of his ego. People kept telling him to change, and he kept saying he wouldn’t. Now his career is hanging on by a thread. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Honestly I thought he was on his way to becoming one of the best players in football. His jump from year one to year two was that enormous. Once the injury happened and the reports started to leak after the bowl I started to question it. By the time they let Foles go and it was his show alone I had serious doubts. More rumors came out and the play was not leading to wins. When I was truly done with him was when he gave up on the Eagles. Ultimately the guy ruined his career, because of his ego. People kept telling him to change, and he kept saying he wouldn’t. Now his career is hanging on by a thread. 

Next stop … Detroit!  :lol:

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

So "Former Eagle" Frank Gore had his professional boxing debut:

But I will always be skeptical about retired long -time NFL players turned boxer after Mark Gastineau's crushing KO combination to his opponent's right shoulder and right forearm.

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Daeshon Hall, who apparently is still in the NFL, was released by the Dolphins today.

On 6/8/2022 at 4:19 PM, metal said:

Daeshon Hall, who apparently is still in the NFL, was released by the Dolphins today.

That was one unlucky guy. He had some talent for sure, but injuries derailed all the promise he showed. 

• Haha 1

On 6/8/2022 at 7:19 PM, metal said:

Daeshon Hall, who apparently is still in the NFL

I honestly barely remember him lol... and by 'barely', I mean I really don't remember him. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I honestly barely remember him lol... and by 'barely', I mean I really don't remember him. 

Was a day 2 pick by Carolina, got hurt, got cut before the second season. We picked him up, I think midseason 2018 and he was a standout in the preseason in 2019. It was a cool story until he blew out his knee on the final play of the final game of the regular season. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Beua Allen retires at 30. Good career for a 7th round pick. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

And now he is gonna penetrate new gaps and pour his passion into them

• Haha 3

On 3/19/2022 at 8:26 AM, Bwestbrook36 said:

Or a DT and turn him into a fullback in the 4th

Or an Australian rugby player and turn him into a LT in the 7th

18 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

We really need to appreciate the effort of so many contributors in 2017. It took the whole team. It was special. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

He's been trying to change positions for what feels like a few years now. Considering he hasn't had a catch since 2019 I think it's safe to call it a career.

I can't believe this guy is still in the league

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/08/04/reports-kiko-alonso-signing-with-the-saints/

Reports: Kiko Alonso signing with the Saints

Posted by Josh Alper on August 4, 2022, 5:16 PM EDT

It looks like linebacker Kiko Alonso will be rejoining the Saints.

Alonso was one of three veteran linebackers to work out for the team on Thursday and multiple reports indicate that they will be signing him to their 90-man roster.

Alonso played 13 games for the Saints during the 2019 season, so he’s familiar with the defense run by current head coach and former defensive coordinator Dennis Allen. He tore his ACL late in that season and has not played in any games since getting hurt.

He had 31 tackles during his previous stint in New Orleans.

Alonso was a 2013 second-round pick in Buffalo and played 73 games for the Bills, Eagles, and Dolphins before joining the Saints.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT:  8-6-22 - Alonso retired today at age 31

On 8/4/2022 at 9:36 PM, Procus said:

I can't believe this guy is still in the league

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/08/04/reports-kiko-alonso-signing-with-the-saints/

Reports: Kiko Alonso signing with the Saints

Not any more!  :lol:

Kiko Alonso retires after one practice with Saints

Posted by Michael David Smith on August 7, 2022, 4:26 AM EDT

Veteran linebacker Kiko Alonso signed with the Saints last week, but he had second thoughts about whether he wanted to keep playing almost immediately.

After participating in one practice with the Saints, Alonso has decided he’s done, and the Saints have officially announced his retirement.

The 31-year-old Alonso was a second-round pick of the Bills in 2013. After two seasons in Buffalo, his college coach Chip Kelly traded for him in Philadelphia, sending LeSean McCoy to Buffalo in the deal. The next year, with Kelly gone, Alonso was traded to Miami, where he played three seasons. He then played for the Saints in 2019, was traded to the 49ers in 2020 and didn’t play at all in 2021.

Now he had decided to walk away from the game.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/08/07/kiko-alonso-retires-after-one-practice-with-saints/

• Haha 3