Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread - Eliminated.

Captain F

5 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I forgot he was their HC.  What a stuff that guy is.  

Now he’s officially cannon fodder for an expansion team’s ire when they finally get a lineup worth having and want to actually improve.  Perfect spot for him.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Yeah.  Nice taunting chant by the crowd too.  

Hell yeah. He earned it.

• Like 1

The Kraken are clearly nowhere near a competitive team yet, and coached by Hakstol, but it was great to see the Flyers wipe the floor with them.  Exactly how it should be.

14 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Nice workman-like game for Hart.  Great team win.  

Good rebound game in what should be a rebound season. If he can keep his mindset in the right place I have no doubt he can keep that save % above .91

Let's go Flyers!

Early Gritty sighting.

My big attraction this game will be watching my 7yo nephew at 1st intermission in Mites On Ice.

20211020_185149.jpg

20211020_185953.jpg

• Like 3

Not liking how much control Boston has had but that outlet pass on the cam goal was beautiful! 

Ok so Risto got a penalty (which I missed so I can’t comment on), but when he lit up Coyle, Coyle started playing aggressive which led to his trip and the PP. 

Im getting the impression that watching Risto this seasons is going to be a lot of UnsureLarryDavid.gif

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Have fun bro.  Wonder why we’re wearing white at home.  

I love TK.  Missed him last year.  

I actually got to meet Connor garland. He played for the Tucson roadrunners out here in the AHL. He was shorter than me and I’m only 5’8. Plus he’d always get his ass beaten when he played here. 

Gotta love it. Seeing the young corps from a few years ago now not getting rattled when Boston tied it up and getting right back out in front by 2.

Watching a shoot first offense and empowering our best goal scorers to fire at will is so refreshing. 

Really strong performance overall.  I definitely have much more hope for this bunch than I did a few months ago.  It all comes down to home-raised talent showing progress and real growth.

Flyers played tough tonight.  They kept skating and fighting even at times when Boston was vetting the better of play.  I like how many scoring chances they created.  Like the new aggressiveness of this team.  

Still hate how we defend on the PK and you could clearly see the difference of us sitting back while Boston attacks the player on the puck.  And yes, we scored on the PP and they didn't, but still don't like it.  

Good win tonight.  Have to say the atmosphere is not the same.  It's like they're catering to a younger more hip crowd with the music they play and other things they do like the "in game" hosts on the big screen during stoppages.  Don't get that marketing angle as Flyers fans were always their own sort of cult and still would sell out even when they would suck.

Big win last night. Finally beat those guys. Atkinson and Farabee make a heck of a line. The Defense looked solid for the most part.

The hit by Risto was bone crushing. I look forward to more pancakes from him this season.

Going Saturday night. (Tickets were surprisingly cheap btw. What's up with that?) I'm guessing mask required? But no vaccine info checked? 

24 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Going Saturday night. (Tickets were surprisingly cheap btw. What's up with that?) I'm guessing mask required? But no vaccine info checked? 

At Wells Fargo they don't check vax status, but everyone has to wear a mask inside.  Though once inside, if you're eating/drinking or at your seat then you don't have to have it on. Most people in their seats weren't wearing their cover.  Mostly just for walking around the concourse, standing in lines (unless you're drinking something as most people with drinks in their hands went without a cover), and the bathroom.

They are really cracking down on bringing in bags to carry stuff, though.  This mostly applies to women with pocketbooks or purses, which I saw many turned away since they only allow a bag/purse/whatever no bigger than 4.5" x 6.5".  Anything bigger and they will make you take it back to your car.  Though my BIL's grandmother got in with her purse because they told the security person she carries her meds in hers.  Like you really think a 90+yo woman is trying to smuggle something in dangerous?  It's not enough everyone has to walk through a metal detector? 

Good thing they played well and won because otherwise everything else about the experience I didn't like.  Most of the music they play, the rah-rah in-game co-hosts trying to pump the crowd up in lame ways, the overpriced everything.  It's not the Flyers atmosphere I remember.  Felt more like what I would imagine is going to a pop music concert with the majority of things they did.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Green_Guinness said:

At Wells Fargo they don't check vax status, but everyone has to wear a mask inside.  Though once inside, if you're eating/drinking or at your seat then you don't have to have it on. Most people in their seats weren't wearing their cover.  Mostly just for walking around the concourse, standing in lines (unless you're drinking something as most people with drinks in their hands went without a cover), and the bathroom.

They are really cracking down on bringing in bags to carry stuff, though.  This mostly applies to women with pocketbooks or purses, which I saw many turned away since they only allow a bag/purse/whatever no bigger than 4.5" x 6.5".  Anything bigger and they will make you take it back to your car.  Though my BIL's grandmother got in with her purse because they told the security person she carries her meds in hers.  Like you really think a 90+yo woman is trying to smuggle something in dangerous?  It's not enough everyone has to walk through a metal detector? 

Good thing they played well and won because otherwise everything else about the experience I didn't like.  Most of the music they play, the rah-rah in-game co-hosts trying to pump the crowd up in lame ways, the overpriced everything.  It's not the Flyers atmosphere I remember.  Felt more like what I would imagine is going to a pop music concert with the majority of things they did.

Thanks. They having problems filling the arena? I got decent seats on a Sat night for 60 each.