Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread - Eliminated.

Captain F

12 minutes ago, What The F said:

Jfc. The nhl system is broken.  Btw, how many years out of the last 10, have the devils had a top like 7 pick? 

Well, they had the 4th-worst record, so I guess it's not too terrible, but I do hate draft lotteries. Too much opportunity for shenanigans.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, What The F said:

Jfc. The nhl system is broken.  Btw, how many years out of the last 10, have the devils had a top like 7 pick? 

spacer.png

On 5/10/2022 at 10:34 PM, What The F said:

3 of the last 6 years, they have had one of the first two picks.

Remember when the Penguins had two #1 overall picks, and then the #5 overall pick, all in 3 years?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Frankly the flyers should completely tear this down and try to get rid of guys who long term aren’t going to be here after the rebuild. However knowing the flyers they will do something stupid like they did with trading for risto then signing him or trading for an injury prone player like Ellis who’s over 30 with 5 years left on his contract. 

Pretty sure the flyers are going to be mediocre franchise until they just blow it up and start an actual rebuild which won’t happen at least until fletcher is gone. And likely not then either. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Frankly the flyers should completely tear this down and try to get rid of guys who long term aren’t going to be here after the rebuild. However knowing the flyers they will do something stupid like they did with trading for risto then signing him or trading for an injury prone player like Ellis who’s over 30 with 5 years left on his contract. 

Pretty sure the flyers are going to be mediocre franchise until they just blow it up and start an actual rebuild which won’t happen at least until fletcher is gone. And likely not then either. 

It’s absolutely what they should do. But they won’t. Comcrap needs to justify their investment via ticket sales.

Atkinson, JVR, Provy and Couturier should all be on the market to the highest bidder. They’re stuck with Hayes, Ellis and Risto, unfortunately. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Pretty sure the flyers are going to be mediocre franchise until they sell the team to owners who have a clue and give a damn

FYP

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This team hasn’t opened the payroll for a top tier defenseman since Pronger and it shows.  That guy, despite his age, was an immediate difference maker and it showed…and the antithesis of that shows today.  The need someone who not only scares opponents, but his own teammates when they fail to perform.

10 minutes ago, MIRV Griffen said:

This team hasn’t opened the payroll for a top tier defenseman since Pronger and it shows.  That guy, despite his age, was an immediate difference maker and it showed…and the antithesis of that shows today.  The need someone who not only scares opponents, but his own teammates when they fail to perform.

What you mean you didn’t love them trading for Ellis who was injury prone, over 30 and making a lot of money the next 5 years? Lol 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

What you mean you didn’t love them trading for Ellis who was injury prone, over 30 and making a lot of money the next 5 years? Lol 

Yeah, that 😆

• Haha 1

On 5/9/2022 at 10:57 PM, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

The Flyers are gonna Flyer. POS Organization.

• Like 3

I'm flipping back and forth between Caps/Panthers and Pens/Rags and it's depressing watching these teams realizing how far the Flyers are from these teams. This is only the first round. The Flyers are light years away from competing for a cup. 

• Like 1

Lol, Caps win the cup in 2018 and then 4 straight first round exits. 

8 hours ago, vsptroops said:

I'm flipping back and forth between Caps/Panthers and Pens/Rags and it's depressing watching these teams realizing how far the Flyers are from these teams. This is only the first round. The Flyers are light years away from competing for a cup. 

It’s even more disgusting to think that 20010 wasn’t that insanely long ago, and how competitive the Flyers were during that time.  They had a great coach in Lavy, strong defense and at least adequate goaltending.  They’re a shell of that form now with no hope in sight.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, vsptroops said:

Lol, Caps win the cup in 2018 and then 4 straight first round exits. 

Wow. Didn't know that. 

9 hours ago, LacesOut said:

Wow. Didn't know that. 

It's crazy. I mean they have a damn good team. Ovie, Oshie, Backstrom, Kuznetsov are great players. They had nothing but failure in the playoffs prior to 2018, they finally get over the hump, and now it's back to playoff futility again. Their 2018 run didn't start great either. They were down 2-0 to Columbus before they eventually turned it on and everything broke right for them from there. Kind of like the 2017 Eagles. Why the Caps didn't re-sign Trotz, who knows. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LacesOut said:

I can't believe all of the Game 7's in this 1st round. 

This Tampa/ Toronto game is fun. 

22 hours ago, LacesOut said:

Wow. Didn't know that. 

Me either.  Amazing.

Rangers vs. Pens could be fun. Hopefully.

For some reason, I just never have any interest for the Western NHL games. Like, I just don't care at all. 

3 hours ago, LacesOut said:

For some reason, I just never have any interest for the Western NHL games. Like, I just don't care at all. 

If Calgary wins tonight, they would face Edmonton in the next round, in a "Battle for Alberta".  The last time the two teams faced each other in the playoffs was 1988, I believe.  That would be a great series to watch.

37 minutes ago, xzmattzx said:

If Calgary wins tonight, they would face Edmonton in the next round, in a "Battle for Alberta".  The last time the two teams faced each other in the playoffs was 1988, I believe.  That would be a great series to watch.

Not really - flames suck. Edmonton would sweep 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, LacesOut said:

I think I may have been right. LOL.

Also, wow, losing a 3-1 series lead the Pens did.

What a 1st round!