Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread - Eliminated.

Captain F

15 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

I keep seeing people online talk about the defenseman they traded for as being the "worst guy" or "biggest a-hole" in the league.  I haven't really followed hockey in a few decades so I have no idea.  What did this dude do? 

Here’s what broadstreethockey had to say…

Now, DeAngelo is not without his massive, grotesque warts off the ice that he insists are just minor blemishes. In any workplace, the young blueliner would be out of chances by now, and should be, but this is the NHL where criminal scandals are covered up and a-holes get loads of opportunities. He has spent his hockey career punching his goaltender, throwing social media tantrums when former president Donald Trump was banned from Twitter, and trying to cover up his prior OHL suspension for using racial slurs on the ice, among other things. Because of this, he was banished from the league for less than a single year, after being bought out by the New York Rangers, and then was signed on a one-year deal with the Hurricanes; as they decided that the hit in PR was worth whatever he could bring on the ice.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

Here’s what broadstreethockey had to say…

$10 says he has a "Trump Won” decal on his vehicle

They’ve turned into one of the most unlikeable Philadelphia franchise eras of all time. F them.

1 hour ago, Blazehound said:

They’ve turned into one of the most unlikeable Philadelphia franchise eras of all time. F them.

It seems like a brutal move, but honestly - HONESTLY - he hasn’t been the same since his return.  I was quietly wondering if they were gonna move on after this past season.  From a likability standpoint, it’s definitely an awful move.  From a roster standpoint, I kinda get it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MIRV Griffen said:

It seems like a brutal move, but honestly - HONESTLY - he hasn’t been the same since his return.  I was quietly wondering if they were gonna move on after this past season.  From a likability standpoint, it’s definitely an awful move.  From a roster standpoint, I kinda get it.

It’s the right move, but the timing definitely sucks 

• Like 2

Just now, GoEagles5921 said:

That’s it exactly.

1 hour ago, GoEagles5921 said:

It's not the right move, this is the last year of his contract. They aren't winning ish this year. Let him play it out and walk next year. Same with JvR. Just wait

They're moving money for gaudreau but it's Fing stupid, this team is going to be awful for the next 5 years. You make a gaudreau move when you are 1) on the cusp of a cup or 2) you have a lot of good cheap talent. The flyers are neither, by the time they're good gaudreau is gonna be 34

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, devpool said:

It's not the right move, this is the last year of his contract. They aren't winning ish this year. Let him play it out and walk next year. Same with JvR. Just wait

They're moving money for gaudreau but it's Fing stupid, this team is going to be awful for the next 5 years. You make a gaudreau move when you are 1) on the cusp of a cup or 2) you have a lot of good cheap talent. The flyers are neither, by the time they're good gaudreau is gonna be 34

I thought they should just keep both and let it play out this year and both off the books next year. However i also wouldn’t have deal picks we did for risto or Dangelo. Problem is ownership and organization is clueless. They want a big splash to get some fans to come out next year, sell tickets and some more merchandise cause they know if they do a rebuild for 2-3 years it’s going to be bleak during that time. instead of realizing they need a rebuild to get back to where hey want to go and long term if done right would pay off bigger. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I thought they should just keep both and let it play out this year and both off the books next year. However i also wouldn’t have deal picks we did for risto or Dangelo. Problem is ownership and organization is clueless. They want a big splash to get some fans to come out next year, sell tickets and some more merchandise cause they know if they do a rebuild for 2-3 years it’s going to be bleak during that time. instead of realizing they need a rebuild to get back to where hey want to go and long term if done right would pay off bigger. 

Completely agree. Let both lindblom and jvr play out this year, suck, get another top 5 pick, and have the cap space next offseason. Hell they might have been able to get something at the deadline for both of them this year. But you're 100% right the front office doesn't care about anything except selling tickets right now. This offseason has been atrocious, the only thing fletcher did right was keep 5th overall.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, devpool said:

Completely agree. Let both lindblom and jvr play out this year, suck, get another top 5 pick, and have the cap space next offseason. Hell they might have been able to get something at the deadline for both of them this year. But you're 100% right the front office doesn't care about anything except selling tickets right now. This offseason has been atrocious, the only thing fletcher did right was keep 5th overall.

Especially with JVR they should let it go to the trade deadline. He’s in a contract year. he might wind up playing well trying to get his next and last contract. I have a feeling he winds up being good on a better team and the flyers are just unloading him with picks to unload him. Lindbolm id have just let him play it out. It’s $3 mil and everything he’s gone with. If he had 2 or 3 more years left i could understand it. Frankly if there wasn’t LTIR to put Ellis on I’d have said buy him out. i have a feeling he might never play again and they have to do that whole song and dance like they did with pronger for years. 

• Like 1

Lol makes this funny is if the flyers didn’t piss away draft picks and cap space on deangelo and risto they could’ve afforded Johnny gaudreau. Just shows how poorly run the flyers are and how bad of a gm Fletcher is. 

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Especially with JVR they should let it go to the trade deadline. He’s in a contract year. he might wind up playing well trying to get his next and last contract. I have a feeling he winds up being good on a better team and the flyers are just unloading him with picks to unload him. Lindbolm id have just let him play it out. It’s $3 mil and everything he’s gone with. If he had 2 or 3 more years left i could understand it. Frankly if there wasn’t LTIR to put Ellis on I’d have said buy him out. i have a feeling he might never play again and they have to do that whole song and dance like they did with pronger for years. 

A small part of me thinks it would be hilarious if Gaudreau signs with NJ. Fletcher does all this literally for nothing and immediately gets fired.

No reason to have done any of this, getting gaudreau isn't making this team that much better. And you're right it is hilarious that if fletcher didn't make the idiot risto and deangelo trades we aren't trying to dump JvR. This guy Fing sucks

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

Worse GM- Fletcher or Klentak?

Hmmm that’s tough. Klentak not only didn’t field a competitive playoff major league team but did an awful job with draft and development. He had very high picks too. The Phillies never made the playoffs. 

fletcher keeps giving out bad contracts, trading away draft picks that could help in a rebuild and is about to set the flyers into a purgatory that’ll take 2-3 years just to get out of. but made the playoffs once.

I’d probably go fletcher cause i tend to think he’s going to leave them in a far worse disaster of an organization when he leaves than the Phillies 

17 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

The league knows the Flyers are strapped for cap space, they know we need to Move JVR. I shutter to think how much this is going to cost to get done. 

1 hour ago, iladelphxx said:

If it wasn’t about the money and it’s about winning, he’ll go to the Devils.

Giroux signing with Ottawa. 3 years, 6.5 mill per. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, GoEagles5921 said:

Lol

Honestly doesn’t send the message to the flyers about how horrific their organization is being run nothing will. Missing out on gaudreau because of the ineptitude of Chuck. Legit if he wasn’t stupid and deal all the licks he did for risto and deangelo and then paying them 10+ mil next year they easily get gaudreau. Too bad ownership is too stupid and can’t figure out fletcher is dumb. And they are dumb cause they can’t see past next season and see a rebuild is long term be more fruitful for the organization. 

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Honestly doesn’t send the message to the flyers about how horrific their organization is being run nothing will. Missing out on gaudreau because of the ineptitude of Chuck. Legit if he wasn’t stupid and deal all the licks he did for risto and deangelo and then paying them 10+ mil next year they easily get gaudreau. Too bad ownership is too stupid and can’t figure out fletcher is dumb. And they are dumb cause they can’t see past next season and see a rebuild is long term be more fruitful for the organization. 

He’s absolutely brutal.  Can’t wait until he’s gone

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Yeah.  Hilarious 

I find it funny they had since December when they knew they were had to try and off load contracts to clear enough space to make a run at gaudreau if they wanted him. They managed to piss away picks and drop $5 mil on deangelo and then give risto a 5 year deal at $5.1 per year. This organization is so disorganized and clueless about where they are and what they should do. They are going to go into obscurity to the point where dans just have apathy