Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread - What are we expecting in 24/25?

Featured Replies

Not sure how anyone can have confidence in Hart, yes only 22, at what age should be expect him to be good?

  • Replies 6.1k
  • Views 375.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

My first chance to watch them this season. Sloppy game and sheety goalie play for both teams. Need to just close this out and get the W. 

Missed the game and glad they won but it seems the Flyers have the Caps number over the past year while Boston has the Flyers number. 

22 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

This PP is an absolute joke.  1 SOG in a 4 min PP and 0 shots on the two other power plays in the game.  It was a major issue last year in the playoffs and it’s just as bad now.  Took them 2 mins to just get into the attack zone.  Who is going to f-ing fix this?!?!?   

Their PK against Boston and Washington hasn’t exactly been stellar either. In those 5 games Boston and the capitals are 8-14 on the Pp. fortunately the caps only got one PP today

Well they won , I assume Elliot is in goal next game

9 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

Missed the game and glad they won but it seems the Flyers have the Caps number over the past year while Boston has the Flyers number. 

Besides the second game they played Boston theyve been competitive in in those games. The issue comes down to their penalty killing in those games has been atrocious for the most part. Boston has seven power-play goals and 13 penalties on the flyers. That’s the difference in the Flyers winning and losing those games except for the second game where they got blasted 6-1. They would have to victories against Boston if they just didn’t get penalties that were dumb and then have a bad penalty-kill

Blacked out on nhl.tv and my vpn was being screwy, but watched the goal highlights and only one Hart didn't have a chance on was the Wilson goal. I think he played the Backstrom one terribly, and I get it was ovechkin scoring the other goals but neither was screened or deflected. Gotta make those saves.

That said, coots comes back and scores 3 points (albeit one was an ENG). So weird how a team can win sloppy games if their best player is playing.

1 hour ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Not sure how anyone can have confidence in Hart, yes only 22, at what age should be expect him to be good?

Do you really have to do this every game, guy? How about you wait til the age every other goalie comes into the league, which is around 24. JFC this is the first time he has had an actually bad game since Buffalo 

19 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Besides the second game they played Boston theyve been competitive in in those games. The issue comes down to their penalty killing in those games has been atrocious for the most part. Boston has seven power-play goals and 13 penalties on the flyers. That’s the difference in the Flyers winning and losing those games except for the second game where they got blasted 6-1. They would have to victories against Boston if they just didn’t get penalties that were dumb and then have a bad penalty-kill

Yeah I get that but I'm tired of being "competitive" with Boston. I'm tired of losing to that team and now that Coots is back, hopefully that will change. Not sure what is going to fix the PP though. That has been a problem since the playoffs. 

42 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

Yeah I get that but I'm tired of being "competitive" with Boston. I'm tired of losing to that team and now that Coots is back, hopefully that will change. Not sure what is going to fix the PP though. That has been a problem since the playoffs. 

I don’t know what it is either because you’re right that’s been a problem dating back to the bubble. I think they need an upgrade on the defense as well. That is part of the issues going on with the team trying to get the F out of its own end consistently against Boston. If they had another top pairing I think it makes their defense much better all the way through

5 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Glad they won.  Their goaltending was worst than ours.   I don’t like our 3rd jerseys, but damn Washington’s looked ridiculous.  Who thought that was a good idea?

I'm assuming those are their reverse retros? What a terrible gimmick by the league, every team's looks like hot garbage except I think Colorado? There are only one or two teams that don't look like complete ass.

31 minutes ago, devpool said:

I'm assuming those are their reverse retros? What a terrible gimmick by the league, every team's looks like hot garbage except I think Colorado? There are only one or two teams that don't look like complete ass.

I like the whalers(Carolina), ducks, sharks, nordiques (avs) and Sabres. Really the Rangers, islanders, red wings and oilers isn’t all that much different than their regulars

15 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I like the whalers(Carolina), ducks, sharks, nordiques (avs) and Sabres. Really the Rangers, islanders, red wings and oilers isn’t all that much different than their regulars

Trying to live up to your EMB fossil title ? ^_^

4 hours ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Trying to live up to your EMB fossil title ? ^_^

I wish they would bring the whalers back. I loved when they played brass bonanza

Sanheim in COVID protocol, why he didn't play today. Team can't catch a break.

Game canceled. 

3 hours ago, Bill said:

Game canceled. 

Yup.  PPD due to Giroux and Braun being put in the NHL's COVID protocol. 

And in other NHL news, Hextall is now GM for those stinkin' Pens.

 

9 hours ago, Green_Guinness said:

Yup.  PPD due to Giroux and Braun being put in the NHL's COVID protocol. 

And in other NHL news, Hextall is now GM for those stinkin' Pens.

 

The worst part about hextall going to the penguins is that they were probably going to suck after the crosby/malkin era. Now they'll likely build the next 2-3 years while those two are still there and when they leave they'll have a stable of young prospects ready to replace them. They obviously won't be at crosby/malkin level but the team likely won't be bad.

Too bad hextall hitched his wagon to an idiot. He fires hakstol and he probably still has a job here.

2 hours ago, devpool said:

The worst part about hextall going to the penguins is that they were probably going to suck after the crosby/malkin era. Now they'll likely build the next 2-3 years while those two are still there and when they leave they'll have a stable of young prospects ready to replace them. They obviously won't be at crosby/malkin level but the team likely won't be bad.

Too bad hextall hitched his wagon to an idiot. He fires hakstol and he probably still has a job here.

Yeah I’m real worried about the Pens prospects getting overcooked in the minors. 

I think the NHL is going to have a much tougher time this go-around with no bubble, 30 teams playing a regular-season format, and playing through the time of year when people are generally indoors and illnesses are circulating more effectively. I mean, in a normal year, it's typical for a flu outbreak to course through a hockey team, so I could see this getting out of hand quickly.

Team isn't playing until next Thursday at the earliest

On 2/10/2021 at 11:25 AM, EaglesRocker97 said:

I think the NHL is going to have a much tougher time this go-around with no bubble, 30 teams playing a regular-season format, and playing through the time of year when people are generally indoors and illnesses are circulating more effectively. I mean, in a normal year, it's typical for a flu outbreak to course through a hockey team, so I could see this getting out of hand quickly.

Can't find any good news <_<

On 2/10/2021 at 11:25 AM, EaglesRocker97 said:

I think the NHL is going to have a much tougher time this go-around with no bubble, 30 teams playing a regular-season format, and playing through the time of year when people are generally indoors and illnesses are circulating more effectively. I mean, in a normal year, it's typical for a flu outbreak to course through a hockey team, so I could see this getting out of hand quickly.

They’re not doing rapid testing before entering facilities. Their protocols are garbage. Has nothing to do with playing indoors. No issues with European hockey leagues.

And it’s not a regular season format... have you been watching?

50 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

They’re not doing rapid testing before entering facilities. Their protocols are garbage. Has nothing to do with playing indoors. No issues with European hockey leagues.

And it’s not a regular season format... have you been watching?

They aren't doing rapid testing exclusively because it is extremely inaccurate. You could say worst case it's a false positive but the amount of games that could possibly be postponed/cancelled due to those tests would extremely high. Either way games would be getting postponed. I believe they've been doing 24 hour testing the day before, and if someone is positive they then do a round of rapid tests and pray they don't come back positive.

7 hours ago, Blazehound said:

Has nothing to do with playing indoors.

Everything is a factor, and they all compound.
 

7 hours ago, Blazehound said:

And it’s not a regular season format... have you been watching?

Yes. I have watched every game. They are playing a modified regular season. Are we arguing semantics here? They're not playing quite the amount of teams or games, but this is still a much bigger headache than simply holding a playoff tournament.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.