May 1, 20233 yr 2 hours ago, TV Guy said: But the Bruins though...🤣 So at least there is that. What a historic choke job. Couldn’t have happened to a more deserving fan base. I’m rooting for an all southeast ECF and an all expansion WCF at this point.
May 2, 20233 yr What a shame about the Bruins AND Rangers. LOL I don’t know why, but I’ve always had a Hockey crush on the NJ Devils.
May 2, 20233 yr 52 minutes ago, LacesOut said: I don’t know why, but I’ve always had a Hockey crush on the NJ Devils. I refuse to accept that. Too many painful Flyers playoff losses for that. The only time I'll root for the Devils is if they're playing the Rangers. And even then, I might not.
May 2, 20233 yr On 4/19/2023 at 10:32 PM, vsptroops said: I love watching the cup playoffs. Watching teams with speed and skill. It also makes me depressed thinking about how far away the Flyers are talent wise from these teams. It seems like light years difference. It seems like that because it is like that.
May 2, 20233 yr 9 hours ago, LacesOut said: What a shame about the Bruins AND Rangers. LOL I don’t know why, but I’ve always had a Hockey crush on the NJ Devils. Not me. The fact that the Devils played that garbage neutral zone trap and the Scott Stevens hit brings back too many painful memories. Then add in that the Devils beat the Flyers in that strike shortened 94-95 season where Lindros won his only MVP. Nah, I hope they get swept and embarrassed against Rod Brind'amour and Carolina.
May 2, 20233 yr On 5/1/2023 at 4:56 AM, TV Guy said: But the Bruins though...🤣 The Bruins B.S. 65-wins "record" was a crock anyway. They won 11 games in OT and another 4 by shootout, so they only had 50 regulation wins all season. There were many teams even in the 10 years before OT became a thing in the NHL who won as many or more games. 1974 -- BOS 52, Flyers 50 1975 -- Flyers 51 1976 -- MTL 58, Flyers 51 1977 -- MTL 60 1978 -- MTL 59 1979 -- MTL 52, NYI 51 1982 -- NYI 54
May 5, 20233 yr I'm not sure if anyone is watching the NHL playoffs, but Bobrovsky is carrying the Florida Panthers right now.
May 5, 20233 yr 5 hours ago, xzmattzx said: I'm not sure if anyone is watching the NHL playoffs, but Bobrovsky is carrying the Florida Panthers right now. The same fate will happen if the Flyers end up trading Carter Hart
May 5, 20233 yr 10 hours ago, xzmattzx said: I'm not sure if anyone is watching the NHL playoffs, but Bobrovsky is carrying the Florida Panthers right now. Yup, it's heartbreaking knowing that the Flyers were way too impatient to wait for him to mature. Same fate awaits us fans with Carter Hart as well. There are several ex-flyers playing well in the playoffs right now and honestly I can't see many (if any) bright spots on this flyers team, sad.
May 8, 20233 yr Florida won 3-2 in o/t. Up 3-0 in the series. They give me 2010 Flyers vibes. They are a fun team to watch. That Tkachuk line is damn impressive.
May 8, 20233 yr 17 hours ago, vsptroops said: Florida won 3-2 in o/t. Up 3-0 in the series. They give me 2010 Flyers vibes. They are a fun team to watch. That Tkachuk line is damn impressive. They were the last team in the Eastern Conference in the playoffs this year, but remember that they wont the President's Trophy last year, so they are probably actually better than the 8th-best team in the conference.
May 8, 20233 yr On 5/5/2023 at 11:09 AM, Mr_Philly said: Yup, it's heartbreaking knowing that the Flyers were way too impatient to wait for him to mature. Same fate awaits us fans with Carter Hart as well. There are several ex-flyers playing well in the playoffs right now and honestly I can't see many (if any) bright spots on this flyers team, sad. Tbf as much as I thought it was boneheaded to sign bryz and trade Bob, Bob wasn’t on track to become the goalie he is until Columbus. The coach there really worked with him so that he relied more on skill than his athleticism.
May 8, 20233 yr 1 hour ago, xzmattzx said: They were the last team in the Eastern Conference in the playoffs this year, but remember that they wont the President's Trophy last year, so they are probably actually better than the 8th-best team in the conference. Yep, forgot that they won the Presidents trophy last year. Didn't pay attention to them this year so don't know what their regular season problems were but they are on a roll now.
May 8, 20233 yr 1 hour ago, Bill said: Tbf as much as I thought it was boneheaded to sign bryz and trade Bob, Bob wasn’t on track to become the goalie he is until Columbus. The coach there really worked with him so that he relied more on skill than his athleticism. Plus Torts was coaching for at least half his time there so Bob playing behind a more defensive sound system probably helped as well.
May 9, 20233 yr Flyers get the 7th pick. Hope those extra 4-5 wins were worth it dumb asses. It disgusts me that on top of celebrating 3 cups since 2010, Chicago also gets the 1st overall pick in the draft.
May 9, 20233 yr 1 hour ago, vsptroops said: Flyers get the 7th pick. Hope those extra 4-5 wins were worth it dumb asses. It disgusts me that on top of celebrating 3 cups since 2010, Chicago also gets the 1st overall pick in the draft. SMH
May 9, 20233 yr 20 minutes ago, Blazehound said: SMH Forgot about the sexual abuse cover-up. Makes it even more disgusting. They should have lost at least 2 first round picks for that. Bettman is a spineless coward.
May 9, 20233 yr 1 hour ago, vsptroops said: Flyers get the 7th pick. Hope those extra 4-5 wins were worth it dumb asses. It disgusts me that on top of celebrating 3 cups since 2010, Chicago also gets the 1st overall pick in the draft. The irritating part is they deliberately tanked by trading young forwards away and got rewarded for tanking, which the lottery is supposed to be a hedge against.
May 9, 20233 yr Sports in general is starting to feel rigged. Lakers going up 3-1, Hawks first pick, holding call on 3rd down....whatever.
May 10, 20233 yr 40 minutes ago, vsptroops said: Apparently Eddie Olczyk and Keith Jones are the 2 finalists for Flyers President. According to DiMarco and Chris Terrien they are going with Keith Jones. Which is certainly a decision that could be made.
May 10, 20233 yr 1 hour ago, vsptroops said: Apparently Eddie Olczyk and Keith Jones are the 2 finalists for Flyers President. You can't even make this stuff up at this point. A sensible organization would interview and hire candidates from successful organizations, with proven accomplishments of contributing to championships. ...... or they could just hire some guy they've seen talking about hockey on TV.
May 10, 20233 yr 39 minutes ago, 20Safety_Hazards said: According to DiMarco and Chris Terrien they are going with Keith Jones. Which is certainly a decision that could be made. I don't have a strong opinion one way or the other on either of those guys. I don't think either of those guys has front office experience but if Jones gets the job, at least he has seen what kind of talent the Flyers are lacking by doing his broadcasting gig. He also saw who the successful franchises are so maybe he brings some of their ideas with him. Gonna be interesting thats for sure.
May 10, 20233 yr 1 hour ago, vsptroops said: Apparently Eddie Olczyk and Keith Jones are the 2 finalists for Flyers President.
Create an account or sign in to comment