July 2, 20251 yr Pretty poor offseason for the Flyers to this point. They traded for a LW in Zegras who they’re going to try to pigeon hole into a center and have him win 35% of his faceoffs, they drafted another RW at #6 overall instead of building up the center position to construct the roster properly. Martone is a very good prospect; too bad the Flyers lack the kind of center who can make full use of his ability. Their next two draft picks were just awful before recovering a bit later on — but way too late to salvage what I think will be remembered as a bad draft.Most Flyers fans are looking forward to free agency next summer when they’ll have more money to spend — but what top-tier free agents are going to want to sign on to a badly run organization?
July 24, 20251 yr 2 hours ago, iladelphxx said:Briere didn't tender him a qualifying offer so he's an unrestricted free agent.He'll get offers; I'd be surprised if the Oilers didn't bring him in after watching their goalie(s) cost them a chance at a Stanley Cup. Hard to imagine he'd answer the phone if the Flyers called -- if I told my employer I was innocent of charges, and they turned me loose I wouldn't be going back.
July 25, 20251 yr 6 hours ago, Alphagrand said:Briere didn't tender him a qualifying offer so he's an unrestricted free agent.He'll get offers; I'd be surprised if the Oilers didn't bring him in after watching their goalie(s) cost them a chance at a Stanley Cup. Hard to imagine he'd answer the phone if the Flyers called -- if I told my employer I was innocent of charges, and they turned me loose I wouldn't be going back.He is 100% going to be an Oiler. Shame
September 25, 20251 yr On 9/17/2025 at 12:59 AM, iladelphxx said:Not a surprise at all; this was where I was at two months ago. No reason at all to return to Philly; they haven't made any measurable improvements at all since he last played -- other than moving on from Tortorella, of course. It remains to be seen if Tocchet can be an actual improvement, though.Flyers finished with 76 points last season, and I've said Tortorella being gone is a net positive of 5-6 points in the standings all by itself. If they don't break the 80-point plateau this season it's fair to start asking why Jones and Briere are still employed.
September 29, 20251 yr Looking at the Flyers regular season schedule, they open the season at Florida, at Carolina, Florida, and Winnipeg. I might actually be impressed with anything better than 0-4 there. Can they get a couple of those games to OT just to get points in the standings?
October 6, 20251 yr 9 hours ago, iladelphxx said:I was wondering why the hell Montreal were permitted to dump Carey Price’s contract while the Flyers were saddled with Ellis’. Wouldn’t surprise me if a similar trade was made previously that the NHL nixed, and the Flyers went back to the league on it.
October 6, 20251 yr 54 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:I was wondering why the hell Montreal were permitted to dump Carey Price’s contract while the Flyers were saddled with Ellis’. Wouldn’t surprise me if a similar trade was made previously that the NHL nixed, and the Flyers went back to the league on it.Apparently San Jose was below the salary floor
October 7, 20251 yr On 10/5/2025 at 11:12 PM, Alphagrand said:Wouldn’t surprise me if a similar trade was made previously that the NHL nixed, and the Flyers went back to the league on it.Uh, teams can do this at any time.The problem is that the only takers are teams with problems hitting the cap floor. We did the same thing with Pronger.
October 10, 2025Oct 10 56 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:No Flyers talk tonight?The good news is there shouldn’t be bishing about how bad the goaltending is …. at least for one game. The offense was largely MIA, though.
October 13, 2025Oct 13 If they can play the Panthers, Hurricanes and Jets close that’s a good sign. I don’t expect any wins in these first 4 games; what I’m hoping for is better goaltending and defensive play.It’ll be more telling when they play against the bad teams to see if they can put wins together or not.
October 13, 2025Oct 13 5 hours ago, Alphagrand said:If they can play the Panthers, Hurricanes and Jets close that’s a good sign. I don’t expect any wins in these first 4 games; what I’m hoping for is better goaltending and defensive play.It’ll be more telling when they play against the bad teams to see if they can put wins together or not.Honesty the fact that so far they I kept them to one score games is showing improvement. And one of those they only lost because of a horse ish interference call.I still don’t expect them to make the playoffs this year, but they weren’t promising that either. Last year of the rebuild. I expect them to make some off season trades and pick up a quality FA or two.Next offseason the Flyers will have an absolute ton of cap space with not that much of it being needed to resign people. Like somewhere around $40 mil worth of space.In 27 they also have two first rounders so they can even afford to do some RFA offer sheets.
October 13, 2025Oct 13 5 hours ago, Bill said:Honesty the fact that so far they I kept them to one score games is showing improvement. And one of those they only lost because of a horse ish interference call.I still don’t expect them to make the playoffs this year, but they weren’t promising that either. Last year of the rebuild. I expect them to make some off season trades and pick up a quality FA or two.Next offseason the Flyers will have an absolute ton of cap space with not that much of it being needed to resign people. Like somewhere around $40 mil worth of space.In 27 they also have two first rounders so they can even afford to do some RFA offer sheets.The problem is the FA class next offseason is dwindling with each passing week.
October 14, 2025Oct 14 12 hours ago, Blazehound said:The problem is the FA class next offseason is dwindling with each passing week.Honestly they may have the cap space and the draft picks to go Homer on some RFAs.Plus they may be able to offload Risto for a forward or picks. For whatever reason GMs love large middling RH defensemen.
October 14, 2025Oct 14 I hope this fake Coots resurgence continues until the trade deadline so we can fake some team out. Either younger prospects or picks will work. It’s early but this looks like a playoffs team to me. The Brinks/Cates line is playing well. Zegras is legit. Foerster looks good and Tippet will start scoring goals soon. TK will get his. Michkov is the biggest concern right now. I hope its just that he is out of shape or injured because he is really slow right now. Drysdale and Sanhiem are solid defensemen and the goalies looks good so far. For the first time in years, this team looks fast.
Create an account or sign in to comment