August 27, 20206 yr 1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said: Man, JVR plays so lazy. No intensity to his game at all. Hayes, Farrabee, TK seemed to have been jumping yesterday. One thing about Hayes. He dangles and dances too much. Others do it too. G, Voracek, Coots. They seem to want to dance around the blue line when entering the zone at times and other times, dump and chase. The sling shot BS on the PP needs to go away. For good. Establishing a fore-check requires intensity. Intensity begets intensity. This team lacks it, during certain stretches. It's something that can be easily cured by making some simple changes. Which we won't see in this series now. Especially with the quick turnaround. I think JVR is checked out. He knows he’s out of favor with AV and it doesn’t matter what he does at this point he’s not going to earn that trust for the playoffs. I mean look at Ghost. He was one of the few bright spots game 1 against the isles and he gets benched. Only difference is Ghost has something to prove if not for this team then for the next. JVR has his money.
August 27, 20206 yr 12 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said: Honestly doesn’t that fit what they’ve done the last 6-7 years? Even when Lavy was here towards the end they’d have that type of effort. Like go back to that ranger series they had games were they were no-show for two periods and then the third. Come out like gangbusters and almost come back and win the game. Like I hate saying it but that’s been the Flyers MO for a large stretch of time now. Play great to start and then fizzle out or no show for a period and a half and then come on like gangbusters or just not show up entirely st.louis is exactly the reason why they won the cup because their best players stepped up and had great goaltending, we cant win cup with just hart and the best players not stepping up. i never seen a team win a cup when the star players are a non-factor.
August 27, 20206 yr To our stars credit, they started coming alive game 2. He didn’t net a goal but I thought G had a good game and played a role in 2 of the goals. Hayes obviously netted two and Couturier just abused the Isles and Varlamov on his goal. I hope to see that production increase as the series goes on.
August 27, 20206 yr 1 hour ago, 20Safety_Hazards said: I think JVR is checked out. He knows he’s out of favor with AV and it doesn’t matter what he does at this point he’s not going to earn that trust for the playoffs. I mean look at Ghost. He was one of the few bright spots game 1 against the isles and he gets benched. Only difference is Ghost has something to prove if not for this team then for the next. JVR has his money. I’m actually surprised they are still playing JVR. He legitimately is giving you next nothing.
August 27, 20206 yr 34 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said: I’m actually surprised they are still playing JVR. He legitimately is giving you next nothing. I think if he played with better line mates and actually played on PP1 instead of Coots, he’d provide value. Playing with Grant and Pitlick, complete offensive zeros who can’t possess the puck, does not compliment his game.
August 27, 20206 yr 43 minutes ago, Blazehound said: I think if he played with better line mates and actually played on PP1 instead of Coots, he’d provide value. Playing with Grant and Pitlick, complete offensive zeros who can’t possess the puck, does not compliment his game. I still believe they’re going to trade him this off-season. I don’t know how they’re going to trade him. I think it’s value is low. It likely has to be to a team that needs to get to the cap floor and you’re probably gonna have to give up a solid to very good draft pick just to get rid of him. However I think that $7 million if you can get out of it would be much more useful to putting towards a player(s) that fits what AV wants to do
August 27, 20206 yr Ridiculous. We now need to check the news everyday to make sure no injustice in the world or some group is going to say boycott the games.
August 27, 20206 yr Yeah, I’m sure hockey teams not playing tonight will really show those racists and corrupt cops that they better change! They’ll surely change the core of who they are as people because there’s no hockey. What a joke.
August 27, 20206 yr It solves nothing, it only makes people angry that you are not playing, it is easy to walk out. Charles Barkley said last night that many NBA players are not even registered to vote, Chris Paul had to show them how to do it
August 27, 20206 yr 1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said: You were right. I was wrong. This is ridiculous. I don't know what they think they are accomplishing. It is mind boggling.
August 27, 20206 yr Well, there’s no question about whether you rest hart or not. I’m fine with a temporary work stoppage to raise awareness. I don’t think it will be prolonged. I’d rather they play, but I get the sentiment. In theory, If there is no sports going on there is no distraction to keep your focus from the issue. Take a game, raise awareness, get back to it.
August 27, 20206 yr 3 minutes ago, 20Safety_Hazards said: Well, there’s no question about whether you rest hart or not. I’m fine with a temporary work stoppage to raise awareness. I don’t think it will be prolonged. I’d rather they play, but I get the sentiment. Here is the problem, they box themselves into a corner, what happens next time, there will be some injustice or perceived injustice, if they don't walk out they look bad, so now what happens? so now do the play tomorrow? do I check CNN first and make sure the world is perfect and then the schedule?
August 27, 20206 yr Now the left is canceling sports They won't be happy until all that's left is a pile of smoldering rubble from all the "peaceful protesting" that's been going on since May.
August 27, 20206 yr This is ridiculous. Is this the precedent that we want to set? Every time an African American is shot by a cop, before all the facts and circumstances come out, before the legal process is carried out, they’re just going to postpones games? Absurd.
August 27, 20206 yr 34 minutes ago, 20Safety_Hazards said: Well, there’s no question about whether you rest hart or not. I’m fine with a temporary work stoppage to raise awareness. I don’t think it will be prolonged. I’d rather they play, but I get the sentiment. In theory, If there is no sports going on there is no distraction to keep your focus from the issue. Take a game, raise awareness, get back to it. Exactly, people instead of watching netflix now or somethingn else are going to go protest because sports is canceled today. Yep all distractions are cleared from the runway, I can now launch my Black Lives Matter plane
August 27, 20206 yr 1 hour ago, Joe Hunter 73 said: I don't know what they think they are accomplishing. It is mind boggling. Virtual signaling. Basically if they don’t do it then blm crowd feels offended that the world didn’t revolve around their issue and that no other issues matter. Meanwhile a Jewish community center was set ablaze yesterday in Delaware. Have yet to hear a single national media outlet cover That. And Jews make up 2% of the population yet 58 percent of all hate crimes. Next closest is 14%. I look forward to the day protests start on that injustice. Oh wait Malcolm Jenkins told us that’s not our problem.
August 27, 20206 yr The KKK just announced they will be cancelling all gatherings today in order to protest with BLM. It's the cool thing to do right now.
August 27, 20206 yr 12 minutes ago, Khani1 said: The KKK just announced they will be cancelling all gatherings today in order to protest with BLM. It's the cool thing to do right now. The KKK just needs to be cancelled.
August 27, 20206 yr 4 minutes ago, downundermike said: The KKK just needs to be cancelled. They are just going to take a day or so off. That will solve racism. Just as cancelling hockey for a couple days will.
August 27, 20206 yr 1 hour ago, 20Safety_Hazards said: Well, there’s no question about whether you rest hart or not. I’m fine with a temporary work stoppage to raise awareness. I don’t think it will be prolonged. I’d rather they play, but I get the sentiment. In theory, If there is no sports going on there is no distraction to keep your focus from the issue. Take a game, raise awareness, get back to it. Raise awareness for what? The fact that there are people who are racist? To the fact that there are some bad cops? Everyone knows this. People are well aware of these things. It’s proactive damage control, that’s all it is. If they don’t cancel anything they’re afraid that certain groups will attack them for not "using their platform”, despite the fact that nothing they do will change a damn thing.
August 27, 20206 yr 17 minutes ago, downundermike said: The KKK just needs to be cancelled. Just postpone and do a double cross burning saturday
Create an account or sign in to comment