Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread - What are we expecting in 24/25?

Featured Replies

35 minutes ago, BDawk_ASamuel said:

That was so massive. You get the feeling that almost every game in this series is going to be like this. 

Absolutely.  This is gonna be the toughest test for this team and coaching staff yet.

Awesome win.

  • Replies 6.1k
  • Views 374.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

Not offsides at all..... 

 

D548E00D-C2DA-4123-B2B2-B93D2031BD42.jpeg

11 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

NHL is a vastly different demographic than the NBA -- both in fanbase and player composition.  In addition, all the games are being played in Canada by predominately Canadian and European players.

I don't think that matters, if other sports cancel Bettman will feel the pressure  to cancel.

That Farabee looks like he’s going to be a heck of a player 

5 minutes ago, Joe Hunter 73 said:

I don't think that matters, if other sports cancel Bettman will feel the pressure  to cancel.

I kind of think bettman is an idiot and would say if everyone else isn’t playing the spotlight is 100 percent on us now and we can have a tribute type thing and Still play. 

6 minutes ago, Joe Hunter 73 said:

I don't think that matters, if other sports cancel Bettman will feel the pressure  to cancel.

The players pretty much run the NBA; Adam Silver is disturbingly spineless when it comes to dealing with the players.  Bettman is shady and snake-like, but he exerts fairly strong authority 

1 minute ago, Alphagrand said:

The players pretty much run the NBA; Adam Silver is disturbingly spineless when it comes to dealing with the players.  Bettman is shady and snake-like, but he exerts fairly strong authority 

I tend to believe bettman would love if the nba and Mlb did that. Means everyone would watch his sports as no other sports on tv. Guessing ratings would be good for them even if they did a gesture for blm

1 minute ago, Alphagrand said:

The players pretty much run the NBA; Adam Silver is disturbingly spineless when it comes to dealing with the players.  Bettman is shady and snake-like, but he exerts fairly strong authority 

We will see,  Looks like Toronto Boston is playing so they are not following Brewers

The only league that is stopping is the NBA, that's it. Even then, them stopping isn't going to do anything.

I wish ending racism were as easy as a league refusing to play games. But it isn't.

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I tend to believe bettman would love if the nba and Mlb did that. Means everyone would watch his sports as no other sports on tv. Guessing ratings would be good for them even if they did a gesture for blm

I could be wrong but I think NHL ratings are up and NBA is down

1 minute ago, devpool said:

The only league that is stopping is the NBA, that's it. Even then, them stopping isn't going to do anything.

I wish ending racism were as easy as a league refusing to play games. But it isn't.

It’s why i made the argument in the blog it’s not a boycott if they stop playing for a day or two and then play again. That’s a protest and a postponement. A boycott you sacrifice something until there’s an overall change. Like if I’m boycotting everything nike due to child labor law violations and then two days after i start my boycott wearing nike stuff And nothing changed then it wasn’t really a boycott. The nba if they play those games it tells me they protested to bring to light but he fact they went back and played those games that the issue wasn’t important enough to stop the money going in their pocket or  a meaningless bubble nba title trophy was more concerning to them then a boycott of the games entirely. 

I don't think it's the worst idea to give Hart a rest tomorrow and see if Elliott can steal one. 

25 minutes ago, BDawk_ASamuel said:

I don't think it's the worst idea to give Hart a rest tomorrow and see if Elliott can steal one. 

Elliott is fine if our defense is good in front of him. Also it isn’t like hart has been stealing games for us in this series. Yes some good clutch saves but it’s not like Elliott is a stiff. I actually think they should. I have to find the stat my friend sent it to me when we lost the second game of the back to back with the habs that hart’s second game of the back to back he’s played minors and Nhl he tends to drop off in play. 

No chance you sit hart

11 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Elliott is fine if our defense is good in front of him. Also it isn’t like hart has been stealing games for us in this series. Yes some good clutch saves but it’s not like Elliott is a stiff. I actually think they should. I have to find the stat my friend sent it to me when we lost the second game of the back to back with the habs that hart’s second game of the back to back he’s played minors and Nhl he tends to drop off in play. 

Yeah, this would be Hart’s sixth start in the past ten days and his third in the past four. I don’t consider this next game a "must-have” like today’s was and Elliott is an exceptional backup. 

2 hours ago, Joe Hunter 73 said:

All NBA games done for tonight and In my opinion the season is over but we will see, I think this is the end of sports for the year other than football which nothing will stop the NFl if that is not obvious by now

My question is why? It makes zero sense. A sport refusing to play isn't going to make racist idiots stop being racist idiots. It isn't going to make bad cops stop being bad cops. I just don't understand the thought process here.

2 minutes ago, nipples said:

My question is why? It makes zero sense. A sport refusing to play isn't going to make racist idiots stop being racist idiots. It isn't going to make bad cops stop being bad cops. I just don't understand the thought process here.

This 100% true, walking out ion the season does not do a damn thing, NBA players now have a voice very night, walking out does not help them spread their message. I have no problem with atheletes kneeling or speaking out, but walking away from the season is just frigging stupid, this goes to my point I just said in another thread that the dems are just stuuuupid

4 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

First the blog now here?   Take this ish to CVON.   This has nothing to do with the Flyers.  

I was responding to someone else, I will post when and where I want. It does potentially involve hockey and the flyers, report my post if you don't like it

51 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

 No it doesn’t.  Not one bit.  Take it to CVON.  

Of course you can't comprehend  how it does you have shown you are not smart enough to understand things. Like I said I will post anywhere I choose, report my post, which Mod are you ?

2 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Why can’t this team put together a full game?   Just too many lapse in effort and energy.  

Honestly doesn’t that fit what they’ve done the last 6-7 years? Even when Lavy was here towards the end they’d have that type of effort. Like go back to that ranger series they had games were they were no-show for two periods and then the third. Come out like gangbusters and almost come back and win the game. Like I hate saying it but that’s been the Flyers MO for a large stretch of time now. Play great to start and then fizzle out or no show for a period and a half and then come on like gangbusters or just not show up entirely

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

One common denominator 

You know what just absolutely irks me is that Tampa Bay of all places always seems to have a great team with a great chance at winning a cup Every season. Like nobody in Tampa cares about the lightning yet seemingly construct a cup contender every year. 

45 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

LOL.  Oh yeah.  So difficult to comprehend that some games might be postponed because some players want to boycott to show solidarity.  No ish Sherlock.  Everyone gets that.  To assume no one does, shows how much of a moron you are.  There’s plenty of threads for social justice warriors like yourself to beat a dead horse in.  During a playoff series.  This isn’t the place.  Dingus.  

I am a social justice warrior? news to me,  Jesus you are really are dumb

Was at work while the game was going on, but was getting text updates from my former colleague.  When I had time I'd go on NHL.com to watch the goal highlights.  First goal by Hayes was just a laser with near perfect placement.  Second goal he again had near perfect placement from a tough angle.  Third goal was just a filthy move by Coots to burn both the Dman and the goalie.  So we chased their goalie and then the backup comes in and keeps us off the scoreboard so they have a chance to get back into the game.  First goal Hart had no shot with a player camped right on the doorstep not getting harassed enough by whichever Flyer was leaning on him.  Second goal was stupid team play and thought Hart should have had it anyway.  So you're up 2 goals with less than 10 minutes to go in the game and you go all-in on an odd man rush and you're the 4th line guys?  As Austin Powers would say, "That's not your bag, baby".  Your job is to waste ice time for the opposing team.  Play smart tough gritty hockey and don't let ish like that happen.  And oh, BTW, you (Grant and Thompson) lost 14 out of 20 faceoffs as well.  Tying goal was a bad TO by Coots, but if Hart doesn't go down/duck that puck probably hits him the shoulder.  Another save he probably should have had.  I will admit I was cringing about OT.  It had the earmarks of a game they'd lose.  Come out like gangbusters in the 1st and stake themselves to a 3 goal lead then blow it with under 10 minutes to go and then lose in OT.  Credit to them to putting pressure on the Isles in the attacking end and like Coatsie likes to say, "Good things can happen when you put the puck on net".  Little deflection off a Isles stick and then that puck turned into a flat rock being skipped across water, end to end no less.  Goalie had no chance as there's no way he could tell the trajectory of that thing.

Well, let's see if surviving a 'blown save' and snatching a W out of the jaws of defeat can breathe some life into them for Game 3.  But as some of you mention, it is disturbing that they can't seem to put together a good solid 60 minutes.  Sure, you can't be perfect for a whole game, but to go from looking great to looking like ish on fire is just too friggin big a swing of the pendulum.  

 

10 hours ago, Joe Hunter 73 said:

This 100% true, walking out ion the season does not do a damn thing, NBA players now have a voice very night, walking out does not help them spread their message. I have no problem with atheletes kneeling or speaking out, but walking away from the season is just frigging stupid, this goes to my point I just said in another thread that the dems are just stuuuupid

Its a bunch of children holding their breath basically

12 hours ago, BDawk_ASamuel said:

Yeah, this would be Hart’s sixth start in the past ten days and his third in the past four. I don’t consider this next game a "must-have” like today’s was and Elliott is an exceptional backup. 

Putting Elliott in net is the surest way to get shown the door to an early playoff exit.  The guy held the Blues back from a chance to win a title, and he wasn’t any better in CAL.

I don’t recall seeing Brodeur or Roy ever getting subbed out during the playoffs.  When your goalie is one of your best players you live and die with him 

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.