Big Brother 24** Godspeed, Poloma

JBENT87

didn’t watch eviction yet but pretty positive how it ended up but in last episode when Kaysar was talking to Bayleigh, that is the exact reason I Fin hate her

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

HOH comp was a little tense afterward. 

Maybe it was the kick in the arse the cast needed. 

Davonne's head almost exploded on live tv. There's definitely going to be some backlash coming with that one. 

21 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

HOH comp was a little tense afterward. 

Maybe it was the kick in the arse the cast needed. 

I wish. They really needed Day or Bay to win once Ian and Kevin were out.  The core alliance tipped their hands by repeatedly targeting day and bay. If Day wins that final round I think she goes after The main alliance. Instead, Christmas wins and we’re going to see Kevin and Day or Bay with the other as the backup and probably Ian As the backdoor if bay or day wins veto and takes the other off the block.   The only hope would be Tyler continuing to push for Dani to be up and out, but I doubt Cody and Enzo go for that, so they push Christmas towards day or bay.

I am disappointed Ian threw that comp. for a guy with a photographic memory to go out round one on a picture challenge is disappointing. But I think he knew going first and winning he’d have to tip his hand re: Nicole and he didn’t want to do that so early. The draw kinda screwed him.

• Like 1

Is it just me, or have Ian's ticks gotten way, way worse than the last time he played? He's literally rocking in every scene he's in this time around. I know he had some weird mannerisms the first time he played, but I don't remember that at all.

17 minutes ago, Kz! said:

Is it just me, or have Ian's ticks gotten way, way worse than the last time he played? He's literally rocking in every scene he's in this time around. I know he had some weird mannerisms the first time he played, but I don't remember that at all.

He talked about this a little more on the streams. And I apologize if I get something wrong, or misstate something re: autism.  He’s on the spectrum and when he’s overstimulated rocking helps him cope.  The puppet I think is also to help with this as well.  The reason it may be more pronounced is because they are locked inside more because of COVID so he can’t get outside to sway on the hammock which helps him get release from overstimulation. As he’s in the house more, he has to rock elsewhere and it’s far more noticeable.  

I am not any where near an expert on this, so I apologize if I got something wrong or i am overstepping. 

Just now, 20Safety_Hazards said:

He talked about this a little more on the streams. He’s on the spectrum and when he’s overstimulated rocking helps him.  The puppet I think is also to help with this as well.  The reason it may be more pronounced is because they are locked inside more because of COVID so he can’t get outside to sway on the hammock which helps him get release from overstimulation. As he’s in the house more, he has to rock elsewhere and it’s far more noticeable. 

Gotcha, makes sense. Didn't realize they were locked in the house more, but there has been noticeably less outdoor scenes this year. What's the rationale behind that?

16 minutes ago, Kz! said:

Gotcha, makes sense. Didn't realize they were locked in the house more, but there has been noticeably less outdoor scenes this year. What's the rationale behind that?

They are on a reduced construction crew to limit the possible risk of Covid exposure. It thus takes much longer to assemble and disassemble the competition setups.

• Like 1

On 8/31/2020 at 10:23 PM, HazletonEagle said:

I only began watching this show last season. Mrs HE and I loved it, yet I have seen a ton of criticism from long time BB fans over the cast and style of game play last season and so far this season. 

This all star format this year has everyone so far gunning for the most respected major threats from prior seasons first. Which obviously has made it pretty predictable. 

I wonder if it wouldnt be better to do the opposite of an all star season and take a whole bunch of people who got voted out like 1st or 2nd on previous seasons. Call it redemption or something like that. 

Maybe theyll suck. Or maybe youll uncover more stars that never got the chance. But one thing is for sure. There wont be people that everyone wants to gang up on for being too good. 

That sounds like a season David would have been perfect for. 

18 hours ago, homerpat said:

didn’t watch eviction yet but pretty positive how it ended up but in last episode when Kaysar was talking to Bayleigh, that is the exact reason I Fin hate her

I didn’t hate her before, but I’m definitely not fond of her now. Memphis too. While I agree with his general premise towards David, I think he’s a bit of a dick towards him. 

• Like 1

and another boring predictable week. 4-5 more until it gets even a little interesting, but even then there’s a bottom 3 that needs to be picked off So really 7-8 weeks

Yeah, I’m already out on this season. I’ll follow the blogs if anything interesting happens but this season is terrible.  Having an all star season during COVID was a terrible idea, really screwed up the cast. 

Read an article earlier that Tyler was willing to put himself up as a replacement nom to save both Da’Vonne and Bayleigh’s games, but both Christmas and producers talked him out of it. Apparently it’s against the rules to ask to put yourself up and ask to be voted out. It’s seen in the same light as just volunteering to leave the game and would require him to forfeit any financial compensation. 

the stepping on eggshells around Day and Bay in that house must be torturous. They made it known I have to imagine a couple times that they were a final two together bc of wanting to see a black person win, which is morally respectable and admirable. But gameplay wise... you shouldnt be going around talking about your final two. And wanting to keep David bc he's black, instead of keeping Nicole and working with her to further both of your games.

The fact that this is going to turn into another race conversation is tough, when with better gameplay it wouldn't have had to. 

On 9/6/2020 at 11:18 PM, homerpat said:

and another boring predictable week. 4-5 more until it gets even a little interesting, but even then there’s a bottom 3 that needs to be picked off So really 7-8 weeks

Meh, this one was at least somewhat surprising, considering Day/Bay were in one of the two major alliances. Sunday's episode was terribly edited, though. They really didn't play up the possibility that someone like Ian or a floater like Kevin would go up and instead made it all about Day/Bay the entire episode, making the nominations completely predictable. 

5 hours ago, JBENT87 said:

the stepping on eggshells around Day and Bay in that house must be torturous. They made it known I have to imagine a couple times that they were a final two together bc of wanting to see a black person win, which is morally respectable and admirable. But gameplay wise... you shouldnt be going around talking about your final two. And wanting to keep David bc he's black, instead of keeping Nicole and working with her to further both of your games.

The fact that this is going to turn into another race conversation is tough, when with better gameplay it wouldn't have had to. 

I have a feeling it played a part in to why Christmas was crying so hard after making those noms. She probably knows she's going to be labeled a racist now. Nominating 2 black people ensuring one goes home. 

After the sensitivity training they had... ballsy move. 

43 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I have a feeling it played a part in to why Christmas was crying so hard after making those noms. She probably knows she's going to be labeled a racist now. Nominating 2 black people ensuring one goes home. 

After the sensitivity training they had... ballsy move. 

Very possible. Da'Vonne revealed herself to be a bit hypocritical IMO when right after nominations, she questioned Christmas about being put up because Bayleigh said Day was her untouchable, and she seemed bothered by that, even though Day admitted she couldn't vote out someone (David) who "looked like her".

• Like 1

23 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Very possible. Da'Vonne revealed herself to be a bit hypocritical IMO when right after nominations, she questioned Christmas about being put up because Bayleigh said Day was her untouchable, and she seemed bothered by that, even though Day admitted she couldn't vote out someone (David) who "looked like her".

CBS figured they had to make a move this season and get as much color as possible on the show, it just really screwed them that they already had committed to an All Star format, and there is such a low number of top tier players who were african american  (bc the racist white people vote them out early all of the time) . So that's how we ended up with David, who Davonne who is a pretty solid player found herself between a rock and a hard place with. Try to win this for the culture and keep as much black people around as long as possible, while hurting her game in the process, or go at it alone and try to just play a solid game (and hope the racist white people dont just vote her out early on like they do every season).

But seriously, this just turned out to be a **** situation that nobody really knew how to navigate.Sounds like Tyler is dealing with that now too and is maybe trying to do damage control. Meanwhile, CBS keeps producing a nice tight little fake competitive season as if nobody knows whats really going on. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

David is terrible at this game

CBS isn't helping him out at all with these edits. Gonna be tough to spin if he ends up lasting until the end.