Apple Streaming

Gannan

I got a free year long subscription when I got a new work iPad. Mixed bag so far. The Tom Hanks movie "Greyhound" was awesome. "The Morning Show" not so much. 

I too got the one year free trial. Not much on there that I will keep the subscription when I’m done. However, I thought that The Banker, though a little long, was excellent. Highly recommend.

Boys State was an interesting Doc to watch on there 

Only 2 shows that interest me on there are Rob mcelhennys and that new coach Tim one or whatever the football Coach coaching soccer is called. 

On 8/19/2020 at 1:01 PM, Gannan said:

I got a free year long subscription when I got a new work iPad. Mixed bag so far. The Tom Hanks movie "Greyhound" was awesome. "The Morning Show" not so much. 

Wife and I actually enjoyed morning show. Had it’s ups and downs but overall decent show. 
I have been meaning to get into For All Mankind but haven’t yet. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Wife and I were looking for a show to watch and ran across Tehran on Apple TV+.   Most of it is with subtitles but after the first episode, you don't even really notice it.  It is a great Israeli spy drama/action show regarding Iran's nuclear capabilities and what Mossad will do to keep Iran from developing the bomb.  Really strong stuff and highly recommended.  Some actors we have seen on American TV.  

• Like 1

The show "the Servant" by M Night Shamalamalamalamalamaman is actually pretty entertaining.  I watched the first season last year, and the 2nd season just started I think.  I would definitely recommend if you like his style.  Think more "the Sixth Sense" and less "Lady in the Water."  

• Like 3

I’ve watched no Apple+ that I can think of but they emailed me today that they’re extending me free membership until July for free. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I really like the servant, it’s weird but compelling. First binge worthy show I’ve seen in months. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Servant - We really liked it.  Thought season 2 was even better than season 1.  They've done a really good job of humanizing the characters.  Almost all of them started out truly unlikeable, especially Weasley, but have become hard not to like.  And Dorothy is one of the more sympathetic characters in recent times.  Bat ish crazy, but just heartbreaking.  Can't wait for season 3.

Ted Lasso - Really hard not to like it.  Seems like a good-natured b00b, but he's no idiot.  Becomes tough not to laugh at it the longer it goes on.

I take it back.  Ted Lasso is not hard not to like, it's hard not to love.  Yeah, it could sometimes be funnier, and is definitely a bit paint by numbers, but it still works together really well, and plays the ole heartstrings like a fiddle.

• Like 1

Wolfwalkers - If you have girls, around 6 or 7 and up, I’d bet that they will absolutely love this. Mine did. Boys may enjoy it too, but the main protagonists are girls, so they may appreciate it even more.

• Like 1

On 1/26/2021 at 6:17 PM, hputenis said:

The show "the Servant" by M Night Shamalamalamalamalamaman is actually pretty entertaining.  I watched the first season last year, and the 2nd season just started I think.  I would definitely recommend if you like his style.  Think more "the Sixth Sense" and less "Lady in the Water."  

On 3/5/2021 at 5:35 PM, Gannan said:

I really like the servant, it’s weird but compelling. First binge worthy show I’ve seen in months. 

yeah I just finished season 1 and this was so fun to binge and enjoy MNS mess around behind the camera the way he does. He had some brutal stinkers over the years, but this one works.  

Toward the end of season 1, (big spoiler)

in the flashback episode where ya see Dorothys actions the day Jericho died and when she closes up the trunk and walks into the house, that hit me like a ton of bricks. To keep it with MNS films, it felt like I just watched the alien walk past the alleyway for the first time in Signs. Except this time there was no alien/huge character/set piece you were looking for. It was just the action of locking up the car and walking inside, knowing the relevance of that and what was coming after. It was a holy crap moment, despite essentially nothing overly visual really happening. I just thought it was a really impressive and bold display of story-telling, considering the lead up all season and not knowing what was going to happen (/what did happen, I guess). Then just being like well, there it is. Damn. 

Bravo.

• Like 2

For All Mankind - Just finished season 1.  So many streaming shows seem to start out slow, and this one is no exception.  Many times during the first 3 or 4 episodes I thought seriously about giving up on it.  I am really glad I didn't, because this is not only the best show I've watched so far on Apple+ (and I've thoroughly enjoyed others), but it's one of the better shows that I've watched period.  When I started, I was definitely not sold on the alternative history gimmick and, for a while, wanted so badly to pick the changes apart but, as the episodes went on, it became a lot easier to just accept this as a work of fiction that parallels what actually happened.  And their fictional narrative is, at times, absolutely thrilling.  A couple of their depictions of historical figures didn't sit well with me, but I'll get over it.  And Sarah Jones is stunner who can rock a flight suit like few others.  Can't wait to watch season 2.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/8/2021 at 4:58 PM, JBENT87 said:

yeah I just finished season 1 and this was so fun to binge and enjoy MNS mess around behind the camera the way he does. He had some brutal stinkers over the years, but this one works.  

Toward the end of season 1, (big spoiler)

Hide contents

in the flashback episode where ya see Dorothys actions the day Jericho died and when she closes up the trunk and walks into the house, that hit me like a ton of bricks. To keep it with MNS films, it felt like I just watched the alien walk past the alleyway for the first time in Signs. Except this time there was no alien/huge character/set piece you were looking for. It was just the action of locking up the car and walking inside, knowing the relevance of that and what was coming after. It was a holy crap moment, despite essentially nothing overly visual really happening. I just thought it was a really impressive and bold display of story-telling, considering the lead up all season and not knowing what was going to happen (/what did happen, I guess). Then just being like well, there it is. Damn. 

Bravo.

following up on this... jeez, season 2 is definitely wearing on me. Midway point and haven't picked it back up in a couple weeks or so. Think my wife bailed as well. 

S1 is vintage/peak MNS. Season 2 (apparently there's going to be a season 3 too?? :facepalm:) is the bad stuff. 

Finally finished season 2 of For All Mankind, 

Spoiler

(RIP Gordo and Tracy:sad:)

.  We like it.  I was about 3 episodes into season 2, and my wife, who initially had no interest in it, walked into the room during a scene, and started asking questions about it.  Eventually, I just restarted the 1st episode, and watched the whole thing again with her.  Man does a lot happen during this show.  Each episode is over an hour, and they just keep the story rolling the whole time.  Good show.

• 1 month later...

Watched "Palmer" over the weekend. Justin Timberlake plays an ex con who moves back to his small Louisiana town after doing his time. He struggles to find work and reclaim his life but befriends and young boy with a drug addict mom and gender identity issues ***Trigger Warning****

I thought it was pretty good. The acting was really good and it was kind of a touching story. Kept my interest the whole way through and definitely worth a watch. 

• Like 2

I need to start using my free 1 year of this thing lol

Didn't even use the 3 months of arcade lol

Finished Defending Jacob over the weekend. It was a decent mystery mini-series

Can anyone tell me if the whole second season of ravens quest is on there yet? That's the only thing I subscribe for

Lasso is the only thing i’ve really enjoyed. Loved it as most have. Morning show and servant were meh

• Like 2

I've heard other people rave about Lasso. I watched 10 minutes of it and thought it was the dumbest premise for a show I'd ever seen. That includes "Small Wonder" which previously held that distinction . :lol:

x1080

Keep watching on Ted lasso. You’ll thank us

• Like 3