Apple Streaming

Gannan

I thought they were all pretty unlikeable in both timelines actually :lol:  With the exception of the druggie chick (Jackie?) - I liked her

3 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

I thought they were all pretty unlikeable in both timelines actually :lol:  With the exception of the druggie chick (Jackie?) - I liked her

Natalie (Nat) is the one that was the young blonde, played by the cracked out Juliette Lewis in the present-day. I liked the young one, but the old one is the WRONG kind of meth h00r you want to encounter when on a hookers and blow binge 

37 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

Natalie (Nat) is the one that was the young blonde, played by the cracked out Juliette Lewis in the present-day. I liked the young one, but the old one is the WRONG kind of meth h00r you want to encounter when on a hookers and blow binge 

She was also one of the hover bike punks in Boba Fett. She seems like a solid actor. Has a good WTF face too lol.

4 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

Thoughts on Yellowjackets?  I loved it

Me too. Absolutely loved it.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, jrsu37 said:

Me too. Absolutely loved it.

I have 1 episode left. Almost doesn't feel like enough time remaining. 

5 hours ago, Agent23 said:

It’s multiple seasons

• Like 1

On 4/15/2022 at 1:18 PM, Agent23 said:

Don't go expecting any sort of resolution...I got 99 questions lol. Can't wait for season 2.

• Like 1

wow...ted lasso season 1 was really good....thoroughly enjoyed it.  i'm a couple eps into season 2 and it seems different so far...a little too jokey. does it get better? 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

wow...ted lasso season 1 was really good....thoroughly enjoyed it.  i'm a couple eps into season 2 and it seems different so far...a little too jokey. does it get better? 

Season 1 was great. Similar to the show Dave (if you watched that), the beginning of season 2 is kind of like "huh?!?" but the back half of the season is strong. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Looks like NFL Sunday ticket coming to Apple, getting it away from Direct Tv is huge, now I will be able to sign up.

https://9to5mac.com/2022/04/18/nfl-sunday-ticket-apple-tv-plus-report/

I'm a little concerned. I don't know what DTV makes in profit off a $85/mo TV contract (more when they charge $7/mo for each receiver, HD or DVR upgrades, etc). -- Note, this goes the same for Comcast, Dish, Spectrum, etc --- These companies have to be making $30/account profit at a minimum, right? Before the hardware/HD/DVR which has to be 100% profit for them (hell, my "brand new" Genie boxes I got in 2018 all had "refurbished" stickers on them, meaning that the hardware wasn't costing DTV anything new to provide me).

I ask this, as the article states that DirecTV lost money yearly at a $1.5B/yr contract with the NFL, with Apple (or whoever) likely having to pay closer to $2.5B/yr. Apple+ costs what? $10/mo if someone doesn't pre-pay yearly? So Apple is making single-digit dollar profit (monthly) off account holders... not the easily double digits that cable/satellite make. So if they buy it as a similar "loss", will that make Sunday Ticket subscriptions cost like $999/yr instead of $300-400?!? 

In either case, I want it to work like DirecTV stream where if you are viewing on the same WiFi network, you can get as many streams as possible. I think my DTV stream gives me up to like 18 consecutive streams, so between TVs, laptops, iPad, phone etc. I have enough devises that I could play every 1pm game at the same time... but if it limits to one active stream at a time then the service is no different/better than what it currently is 

25 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

I'm a little concerned. I don't know what DTV makes in profit off a $85/mo TV contract (more when they charge $7/mo for each receiver, HD or DVR upgrades, etc). -- Note, this goes the same for Comcast, Dish, Spectrum, etc --- These companies have to be making $30/account profit at a minimum, right? Before the hardware/HD/DVR which has to be 100% profit for them (hell, my "brand new" Genie boxes I got in 2018 all had "refurbished" stickers on them, meaning that the hardware wasn't costing DTV anything new to provide me).

I ask this, as the article states that DirecTV lost money yearly at a $1.5B/yr contract with the NFL, with Apple (or whoever) likely having to pay closer to $2.5B/yr. Apple+ costs what? $10/mo if someone doesn't pre-pay yearly? So Apple is making single-digit dollar profit (monthly) off account holders... not the easily double digits that cable/satellite make. So if they buy it as a similar "loss", will that make Sunday Ticket subscriptions cost like $999/yr instead of $300-400?!? 

In either case, I want it to work like DirecTV stream where if you are viewing on the same WiFi network, you can get as many streams as possible. I think my DTV stream gives me up to like 18 consecutive streams, so between TVs, laptops, iPad, phone etc. I have enough devises that I could play every 1pm game at the same time... but if it limits to one active stream at a time then the service is no different/better than what it currently is 

DTV is probably taking such a loss due to cord cutting.  

MLBTV is only $ 129.99 per year, is a far superior product, and TMobile customers get it for free.  More people will get it if they can afford it.

Sunday ticket had 2 milllion subscribers last year, MLBTV had 3.5 million.

I am pretty sure for the same price, Sunday ticket could triple their subscriptions as a stand alone service at a cheaper price.

The issue is that these contracts are always listed as a "loss leader", meaning the company loses money on the sunday ticket/MLB subscription, but hopes to turn a profit due to the increase in subscribers. 2M people at the high price of $400 is $800M, on a $1.5B contract. But DirecTV, T-Mobile, etc. have to make $20 profit per subscription on the low end. Apple+ maybe makes $2? Meaning they need to have people sign up at a 10-to-1 volume as DTV/TMob to earn back the same losses... and thats before the additional price Apple (or whoever) will have to pay annually in the next NFL contract. 

On 4/18/2022 at 11:18 AM, Agent23 said:

Season 1 was great. Similar to the show Dave (if you watched that), the beginning of season 2 is kind of like "huh?!?" but the back half of the season is strong. 

season 2 did wind up being great....ted f'n lasso is just a fun show. can't wait for season 3.

Spoiler

and F nate! 

• Like 2

I think season 3 is supposed to be the final one? we shall see

In other news, watching sports at a bar/restaurant last night, it looks like Apple+ is making a 4-part Magic Johnson doc. looks like their version of "The Last Dance" from what I could make out of a soundless commercial. 

• 2 months later...

Anyone watching "Severance"? Weird but good so far. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gannan said:

Anyone watching "Severance"? Weird but good so far. 

Amazing show. finish up the season. Best thing on Apple

• Like 2

On 4/18/2022 at 3:42 PM, Joe Shades 73 said:

Looks like NFL Sunday ticket coming to Apple, getting it away from Direct Tv is huge, now I will be able to sign up.

https://9to5mac.com/2022/04/18/nfl-sunday-ticket-apple-tv-plus-report/

Just in time for another :Eagle_smiley: Super Bowl run!

Nevermind. It won’t be until next season. I guess we could win back to back Super Bowls.

53 minutes ago, The_Omega said:

Just in time for another :Eagle_smiley: Super Bowl run!

Nevermind. It won’t be until next season. I guess we could win back to back Super Bowls.

Why stop at 2 :flex:

• 4 weeks later...

Bumping this - @homerpat mentioned Black Bird in the Netflix thread (effin n00b) 

Anyway - I'm three episodes in and loving this so far.  Will probably binge the other three tonight.

@hputenis Did you stop fingering your butthole while watching Glee long enough to start this yet?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Bumping this - @homerpat mentioned Black Bird in the Netflix thread (effin n00b) 

Anyway - I'm three episodes in and loving this so far.  Will probably binge the other three tonight.

@hputenis Did you stop fingering your butthole while watching Glee long enough to start this yet?  

One of my many strengths is multitasking, so I'll try to start it tonight while also being knuckle deep!  

• Haha 3

so much for being all in...i completely forgot about that show. :lol:    is it any good?   :blush:   

Hey @mikemack8, you mayonnaise gargling yut inspector!  I’m 2 episodes into Black Bird (my guess is you started watching this bc you thought it was about a giant dong) and it is awesome. Is this show completely under the radar, bc it’s the best new show I’ve seen in awhile?

• Haha 2