Apple Streaming

Gannan

On 8/19/2022 at 4:49 PM, hputenis said:

Black Bird (my guess is you started watching this bc you thought it was about a giant dong) 

legit laughed really loud at this. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/19/2022 at 4:49 PM, hputenis said:

Hey @mikemack8, you mayonnaise gargling yut inspector!  I’m 2 episodes into Black Bird (my guess is you started watching this bc you thought it was about a giant dong) and it is awesome. Is this show completely under the radar, bc it’s the best new show I’ve seen in awhile?

Haven't looked into this show much but isn't it about a guy in prison and the guards are mean to him, sounds like a tired old scenario done before

5 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Haven't looked into this show much but isn't it about a guy in prison and the guards are mean to him, sounds like a tired old scenario done before

It’s much more intricate than that.  I’m only through 2 episodes so I can’t speak to the future, but the plot so far has nothing to do with that. 

1 minute ago, hputenis said:

It’s much more intricate than that.  I’m only through 2 episodes so I can’t speak to the future, but the plot so far has nothing to do with that. 

Ok, will check it out, Apple TV + seems to have decent shows, on the other hand Peacock is full of garbage, wow!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Ok, will check it out, Apple TV + seems to have decent shows, on the other hand Peacock is full of garbage, wow!

The guard thing is a minor subplot and is meant only to show the risks the one guy was taking. Def worth watching. 

• 3 weeks later...

Bit the bullet and got Apple TV started last month.  Watched Ted Lasso (loved it), almost finished with For All Mankind (digging it, gets a little soapy, but still enjoying it) and have Severance up next.  Any other series to check out.  The promos for Blackbird seem kind of meh to me.

One thing I hate is the interface...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Gern Blanston said:

Bit the bullet and got Apple TV started last month.  Watched Ted Lasso (loved it), almost finished with For All Mankind (digging it, gets a little soapy, but still enjoying it) and have Severance up next.  Any other series to check out.  The promos for Blackbird seem kind of meh to me.

One thing I hate is the interface...

Severance is best thing on Apple IMO and acting on black Bird, especially by fat dude from I Tonya is great, but it’s not perfect. I did enjoy it. Have wanted to watch the dinosaur show with my kids, but they keep turning it off. It looks pretty cool though. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, homerpat said:

Severance is best thing on Apple IMO and acting on black Bird, especially by fat dude from I Tonya is great, but it’s not perfect. I did enjoy it. Have wanted to watch the dinosaur show with my kids, but they keep turning it off. It looks pretty cool though. 

I remember the ads for the dinosaur one - I'll look for it...

• 3 months later...

Watching "Tehran".  Fans of "Homeland" should like it, has at least one of the same actors and probably done by the same people. Has that vibe to it. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just got through Severance. What a show. Can't remember looking this forward to a next season in quite a while.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Just got through Severance. What a show. Can't remember looking this forward to a next season in quite a while.

I think I'm finally sold.  I've heard too many good things.  I have tried to get through the 1st episode about 3 different times now and haven't been able to power though it.  

58 minutes ago, hputenis said:

I think I'm finally sold.  I've heard too many good things.  I have tried to get through the 1st episode about 3 different times now and haven't been able to power though it.  

It gets WAY better after Episode 1. Hint: Christopher Walken plays a minor role in Season 1.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hputenis said:

I binged the whole season in two days. Stick with it and you’ll get hooked.

• Like 3

On 1/20/2023 at 2:13 PM, Shepard Wong said:

I binged the whole season in two days. Stick with it and you’ll get hooked.

I’m on episode 3 now and I wanna stay up for the rest of the night to see what happens. What in the F is this show?!  I also can’t believe Ben Stiller directed this. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, hputenis said:

I’m on episode 3 now and I wanna stay up for the rest of the night to see what happens. What in the F is this show?!  I also can’t believe Ben Stiller directed this. 

Anyone seen Escape at Dannemora? I have not, but I think Stiller directed most if not all of that and I remember it getting a lot of critical acclaim and awards recognition. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

Anyone seen Escape at Dannemora? I have not, but I think Stiller directed most if not all of that and I remember it getting a lot of critical acclaim and awards recognition. 

I haven't but will now.  Looks good.

1 hour ago, Agent23 said:

I haven't even heard of it until now, but it definitely looks pretty good!  

I've more heard other people (film/tv critics on podcasts) mention it, and I used to be better at listening to the Awards Chatter podcast by Scott Feinberg, and one of the episodes was his talking to Stiller (which is why my brain has programmed that it is Escape at and not Escape from which apparently was a common mess up).

Also listening to that may have been how I learned that George Costanza's dad on Seinfeld (Jerry Stiller) was Ben Stiller's father in real life. 

8 hours ago, Agent23 said:

looked it up. haha. that prison is right by my wife’s hometown. forgot all about it. she watched it when it was on and liked it

9 hours ago, Agent23 said:

I've more heard other people (film/tv critics on podcasts) mention it, and I used to be better at listening to the Awards Chatter podcast by Scott Feinberg, and one of the episodes was his talking to Stiller (which is why my brain has programmed that it is Escape at and not Escape from which apparently was a common mess up).

Also listening to that may have been how I learned that George Costanza's dad on Seinfeld (Jerry Stiller) was Ben Stiller's father in real life. 

You never knew Jerry Stiller was Ben's dad? I still remember those Lombardi commercials with him. 

12 hours ago, we_gotta_believe said:

You never knew Jerry Stiller was Ben's dad? I still remember those Lombardi commercials with him. 

I may have missed those :shrug: